Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

How about one of Joe Biden sniffing a junkie's hair?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

*sigh*

Between the topic and the horrible photoshop...

It's a funny-sad that people actually believe this. Shit, even my mom who is socially conservative believes that in ancient England you would have found a sizable African community and was very offended that I argued that the Anglo-Saxons and native Britons would have been exclusively white.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Everyone is African.  But we are not equally pale skinned.  Some of us Africans lived near the Arctic circle longer than others, but we were dark and blue eyed at first 40K years ago.  The dark brown eyed Africans stayed in Africa (just as many people never migrated from Europe to America).  It may or may not have been a good thing, that the immigrants mated with the Neanderthals already living in Eurasia.  Just as it may or may not have been a good thing for Native Americans to mate with Pale Faces.

You are dealing with the 21st century version of Nation of Islam propaganda.  You need to write a screen play ... "Dances With Wokeness".

And yes, there was a Black samurai in early modern Japan.  Just one.  And no Japanese married him, as far as can be determined.  There was an English samurai at about that time (Will Adams), and a Japanese did marry him.

There were plenty of Saracens and Moors in Spain and Sicily.  But my tiny Iberian chromosome content doesn't show any.   Must have been all Reconquista Spaniards and Sephardic Jews.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 26, 2020, 09:32:53 AMShit, even my mom who is socially conservative believes that in ancient England you would have found a sizable African community and was very offended that I argued that the Anglo-Saxons and native Britons would have been exclusively white.
Well...

Maybe a few, though afaik they would have been a rarity.  Obviously, before the advent of international travel and the transatlantic slave trade, there wasn't a whole lot of racial diversity going on.  Most people tended to die just a few miles from where they were born.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 26, 2020, 12:12:09 PM
Well...

Maybe a few, though afaik they would have been a rarity.  Obviously, before the advent of international travel and the transatlantic slave trade, there wasn't a whole lot of racial diversity going on.  Most people tended to die just a few miles from where they were born.

I know Moorish traders made it up to England and likely Africans from further south as well, but like you said they would have been a rarity. And I would assume once you left Londinium and any other large settlements, they would have been essentially non-existent. And once the Romans left, I doubt many Africans would willingly have made the journey up there.

(During Roman times, I doubt many were willingly up there as well but were rather slaves brought along)

Hydra009

Correct.  Looking at my link, it seems a lot of "black" europeans were in fact North Africans, not sub-saharan Africans.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 26, 2020, 12:48:22 PM
I know Moorish traders made it up to England and likely Africans from further south as well, but like you said they would have been a rarity. And I would assume once you left Londinium and any other large settlements, they would have been essentially non-existent. And once the Romans left, I doubt many Africans would willingly have made the journey up there.

(During Roman times, I doubt many were willingly up there as well but were rather slaves brought along)

There is a tombstone in England, to a "good wife".  She was British, but her husband was a Syrian who spoke Aramaic.  Scythians were brought to Roman Britain, to man the cavalry detachments guarding Hadrian's Wall.  But they would be similar to Turks or Russians.  The Romans often trans-located slaves far from home to limit revolts.  Gauls in Morocco for example.  The Roman Imperial Army was mixed, and geographically spread people even more than merchant activity.  But slave trade must have been important in spreading genes also.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 26, 2020, 12:54:57 PM
Correct.  Looking at my link, it seems a lot of "black" europeans were in fact North Africans, not sub-saharan Africans.

This shows the spread, scientifically ...

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

The spread of N Africans is least in Celtic and Basque survival areas.  They had a stronger reason to resist outsiders.

Not that there is anything wrong with having partial N African ancestry.  Iberian Caliphate, Carthage, Egypt.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

That's crazy talk I saw one in the last movie of Robin Hood
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust