NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD BYE!

Started by Brian37, July 29, 2013, 02:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: "Brian37"http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/07/cumulus-planning-to-drop-rush-limbaugh-sean-hannity-169371.html
I doubt that we will hear the last of them.  They will pop up on some other network.  There are too many people that adore them.  Although, I can't address the drop in revenue issue.  I'm skeptical of it.  2.4 million sounds sizeable, but how much revenue are they still taking in?  Of course, neither of them have anything constructive to add to political discussion, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

stromboli

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Brian37"http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/07/cumulus-planning-to-drop-rush-limbaugh-sean-hannity-169371.html
I doubt that we will hear the last of them.  They will pop up on some other network.  There are too many people that adore them.  Although, I can't address the drop in revenue issue.  I'm skeptical of it.  2.4 million sounds sizeable, but how much revenue are they still taking in?  Of course, neither of them have anything constructive to add to political discussion, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

Yeah. Shit floats. They'll be back.

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"Yeah. Shit floats. They'll be back.
Until their new network gets a barrage of "so which advertisers are we going to stop giving our business to?" messages before the first broadcast.  (There's more than one internet group that watches who advertises on Rush's show - and has large followings.)  No station wants to lose advertisers.  (Well, not most of them.  Decades ago, a friend of mine worked for a little local station that was being run as a tax shelter, and it had to operate at a loss to work.  They refused a lucrative tobacco ad campaign because they would have made a profit if they accepted it.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Atheon

Quote from: "stromboli"Yeah. Shit floats. They'll be back.
Yeah... Rush is like a floater. You flush and flush, but he'll keep bobbing back up.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.