News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

They're not playing chess, just tic-tac-toe. So no one wins.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 30, 2019, 01:17:51 PM

If you go first, and know what you are doing, you can guarantee either a win or a tie.  You won't lose.

D filing impeachment, is like R canceling all of Obamacare.  Every time they try, they are just short.

The public is being played.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://gfycat.com/somberdesertedharborporpoise

Coming to a polling place near you.

Unbeliever

Ain't technology grand?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on August 28, 2019, 01:13:34 AM
I break things into separate lines, for a purpose.  Some is satire, some commentary, some analysis.  Not all satire is marked.  Rhetoric works that way, leaves you guessing.

Yes, y'all are Southern gentlemen, more White than Col Sanders.  BS, puleease.  PC means complete dishonesty.  Women are prettier predators.

If I comment about women, and it isn't satire, then it is commentary.  Empirical observation.  Y'all can deny all you want.  I won't apologize for saying what I see as true, no matter how ugly the woman/women are.  On the other hand, I am not actually judging them, just like I don't judge a jaguar who sneaks up on an alligator and eats it.  I do have marginal feelings about male predation, because I am male.  But I realize that is because of the 6 piece chicken bucket I just ate.

I see you subscribe to the Peterson Art of Saying Much and Yet Nothing At All.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 30, 2019, 10:03:15 PM
It's always been nothing.  Just static that people pointlessly try to decipher.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 29, 2019, 02:22:07 PM

Does Trump really think this will garner votes for hm in 2020? Does he really believe that his base will love this move? Just how low will this guy sink this country?

Yes he does.  When he implements outrageous policies or makes statements that make no sense to you and me, he isn't talking to "you and me".  He is signaling to his base that he is one of them.  Even outrageous claims he makes and never intended to pursue (buying Greenland for example) make them them think he is TRYING to make the US BIGGLY.

There may be no "low" point Trump won't sink to keep his base activated.  Politicians are used to contending with each other for elective office.  But if Trump loses this election, he is facing actual court cases involving his financial operations, tax evasion, foreign collusion, and money-laundering.  And even if he pardons himself (a very interesting legal question) there are very serious State laws he may have violated for which he is not immune.

And even if he escapes State convictions, details of the financial empire may be revealed that would ruin him. 

He has more reason to fear an electoral loss than any other US President.  Therefore, his reasons to break more rules than any other President are stronger.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 29, 2019, 04:33:19 PM
Never would have suspected that from a guy with a giant comb-over.

Good one!  The winning US Presidents usually have "good hair".

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 29, 2019, 05:59:38 PM
Rachel Mad-Cow?  Don't believe anything she says.  Sorry.

The difference between Rachel Maddow (and a few others at MSNBC) is that when they make a claim, they show the video or the tweet with day/date/time/source to let others check the claim and to give detailed information more than a fragment of a sentence.  Faux News never does that.  Their "evidence" is just an unsupported claim or sometimes when they want to get REAL specific (according to their standards) "Trump said"...

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 30, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
"Environmentalist" Trump plans to gut enironmental regulations so hard that even oil companies object

He is offerring the energy companies a freedom to gut the National Parks more than even THEY want (for public relations purposes).

If you offer an addict even more of the drug than they want, you are probably doing something wrong!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 30, 2019, 09:25:57 AM
So where is Congress?  They were going to file for impeachment, have they forgotten where the blank forms are kept?  What is keeping them?

That is a political question.  Speaker Pelosi thinks it is more likely to remnove Trump in November 2020 and let the legal system punish him afterwards without Impeachment.  I understand that because Moscow Mitch is NOT going to permit the trial never mind act to convict.  But I disagree that a House Impeachment shouldn't be passed.  Trump well deserves it even if not convicted for general ethical reasons and for future history.

I say that through a sense of righteousness.  If the House cannot impeach Trump (which is a charge not a conviction) for all the anti-democracy and cruel things he has done and all the flouting of norms and rules , who could ever be impeached (charged) in the future? 

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 30, 2019, 01:17:51 PM

The only way to win Tic Tac Toe is not to play...

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 30, 2019, 10:03:15 PM

Feel the love.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 12:57:42 AM
That is a political question.  Speaker Pelosi thinks it is more likely to remnove Trump in November 2020 and let the legal system punish him afterwards without Impeachment.  I understand that because Moscow Mitch is NOT going to permit the trial never mind act to convict.  But I disagree that a House Impeachment shouldn't be passed.  Trump well deserves it even if not convicted for general ethical reasons and for future history.

I say that through a sense of righteousness.  If the House cannot impeach Trump (which is a charge not a conviction) for all the anti-democracy and cruel things he has done and all the flouting of norms and rules , who could ever be impeached (charged) in the future?

They claimed they were filing.  So far no news.  So they are lying to you.  Same as Rs who claimed to be against Obamacare.  Yes, 11 dimensional chess as to exactly how and when to file impeachment papers?  Bollocks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 31, 2019, 01:02:11 AM
The only way to win Tic Tac Toe is not to play...

Only nuclear tic tac toe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.