News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mitt was partly right

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, January 06, 2014, 07:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm a taker, part of the scurge of the 47% and I'd like to personally thank Mitt for paying an EXTREMELY insignificant portion of the 53%'s taxes so I could buy this nifty guitar on ebay for $76. Yeah, I know..it coulda gone to pay off the national debt so we could give it to churches, but the taker in me was so broke for so long I couldn't resist. I was thinking of a $76 mansion in Malibu,  but my granddaughter already has one that whore barbie lives in when she's not laying around naked
on my daughter's bathroom floor.

Once again THANKS Mitt and fuck you very much. :-D
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Thumpalumpacus

Happy new guitar day, bud.   =D>
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

Thanks. I might even grace you all with one of my crappy songs as an mp3 someday if I get the nerve..

Thumpalumpacus

Be bold, man.  Trust me, the balls it takes to post a song of your own demands respect in and of itself.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Minimalist

Mitt didn't pay shit in taxes.  

//http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-29/romney-avoids-taxes-via-loophole-cutting-mormon-donations.html

QuoteThe charitable remainder unitrust, as it is known, is one of several strategies Romney has adopted over his career to reduce his tax bill. While Romney's tax avoidance is legal and common among high-net-worth individuals, it has become an issue in the campaign. President Barack Obama attacked him in their second debate for paying "lower tax rates than somebody who makes a lot less."

In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity -- the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing -- to defer taxes for more than 15 years. At the same time he is benefiting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires, according to tax returns obtained by Bloomberg this month through a Freedom of Information Act request.

This is why the fascist cocksucker would not release his returns.  It wasn't that what he was doing was "illegal" (never is since rich fucks write the laws) its that it would have shown that Obama was right.

Fuck them all.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Minimalist"Mitt didn't pay shit in taxes.  

//http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-29/romney-avoids-taxes-via-loophole-cutting-mormon-donations.html

QuoteThe charitable remainder unitrust, as it is known, is one of several strategies Romney has adopted over his career to reduce his tax bill. While Romney's tax avoidance is legal and common among high-net-worth individuals, it has become an issue in the campaign. President Barack Obama attacked him in their second debate for paying "lower tax rates than somebody who makes a lot less."

In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity -- the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing -- to defer taxes for more than 15 years. At the same time he is benefiting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires, according to tax returns obtained by Bloomberg this month through a Freedom of Information Act request.

This is why the fascist cocksucker would not release his returns.  It wasn't that what he was doing was "illegal" (never is since rich fucks write the laws) its that it would have shown that Obama was right.

Fuck them all.
You must have missed that 'fuck you very much' part. [-X  :lol:

stromboli

I want to start by saying FUCK MITT. Now, the guitar thing. I am turning 65 in April, but have always wanted to play a guitar. There are a few people on here that do. Seriously, how long does it take to learn how to play, and at my age is it worth it? Every time I bring up the subject to my wife she leaves the room. Could I like learn to play a few tunes by like Spring time? Just asking.

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "stromboli"I want to start by saying FUCK MITT. Now, the guitar thing. I am turning 65 in April, but have always wanted to play a guitar. There are a few people on here that do. Seriously, how long does it take to learn how to play, and at my age is it worth it? Every time I bring up the subject to my wife she leaves the room. Could I like learn to play a few tunes by like Spring time? Just asking.
Well, in my experience, as long as you put some serious practice in it shouldn't take too long to learn some basic songs.
If you don't mind my asking, why does your wife leave the room when you ask? Seems like kinda an extreme response to a question about a musical instrument. Did a orchestra burn down her hometown or something?
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

hillbillyatheist

I just picked up a new guitar too! been wanting to learn finger style and classical, so I picked me up a classical guitar, the cordoba C7.  I love its sound.

Here's what it will sound like when I eventually don't suck. LOL

[youtube:1mub0ke4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iksh7E8yvRc[/youtube:1mub0ke4]

when I can afford it I'm gonna have electronics installed so i can do this. (yes he's playing a nylon string guitar with electronics. I say that because some people think nylons are ONLY for classical and spanish music.)

[youtube:1mub0ke4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izoa-XK1voc[/youtube:1mub0ke4]
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

stromboli

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"
Quote from: "stromboli"I want to start by saying FUCK MITT. Now, the guitar thing. I am turning 65 in April, but have always wanted to play a guitar. There are a few people on here that do. Seriously, how long does it take to learn how to play, and at my age is it worth it? Every time I bring up the subject to my wife she leaves the room. Could I like learn to play a few tunes by like Spring time? Just asking.
Well, in my experience, as long as you put some serious practice in it shouldn't take too long to learn some basic songs.
If you don't mind my asking, why does your wife leave the room when you ask? Seems like kinda an extreme response to a question about a musical instrument. Did a orchestra burn down her hometown or something?

She leaves the room when I ask because I've got 5 projects going all the time. What she doesn't get is the fact that my time is made up revolving around her health care (she is in the latter stages of MS) and I do in fact finish the projects I start, albeit often not when I want to. Sort of an internal conflict we have. I built a patio for a barbecue and a smoker, just replaced all the taps in my old mobile home, am in the process of replacing outlets and I'm researching the idea for a novel. that kind of shit. I also built a boat partly out of 2 liter pop bottles, and am working on a portable folding boat idea when I can. This morning I rebuilt part of a gutter that was collapsing because of ice build up.

I also make knives out of 1095 high carbon steel. she has this idea build one and done, not the concept of prototyping, if you know what I mean.  :-D

AllPurposeAtheist

I started as a kid and still suck at playing the geetar, but I like plunkin and strummin. Yeah..small hands, short stubby fingers and can't seem to keep a woman and blah freakin blah, but I still like playing even if I can't hit a bar cord for shit..
I just sort of plunked out a few simple tunes and have grown from that to my own songs. I have about 5 I've made up..stole a bit here and there..  :)
Expect callouses on the very tips of your fingers..It's painful at first, but you'll get used to it quickly.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ya know..I'd like to post my noise,  but have no place to upload it and it's a 3gpp file. Any suggestions?

Sal1981

I tried playing guitar for a while, but lost interest. I think I only learned like 5 grips, which I've now forgotten :/

Jmpty

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Ya know..I'd like to post my noise,  but have no place to upload it and it's a 3gpp file. Any suggestions?

Soundcloud, or reverbnation.
???  ??

hillbillyatheist

Here's me strumming on my steel string.  a blueridge BR-160

http://www.hillbillyatheist.com/hobojohn.mp3

This is me trying to play a prelude on my old Seagull S6 steel string.

[youtube:ejdm7fcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8htUqrVlVsk[/youtube:ejdm7fcs]

I'm planning on going back to school when I can get the money. and now I'll be armed with my new classical guitar, which is more suited to the task. playing classical on a steel string is much more difficult, imo, because of the harder tension and closer string spacing.

plus a good classical just sounds nicer to my ears. almost like a piano.  Even strumming songs on them sound nicer to me, even though many differ with me on that.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here