News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

venio, video, vinco. (I come, I see, I conquer)

Started by Ecbarrowes, April 20, 2024, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 20, 2024, 06:06:14 PMEcbarrowes, If you want to believe that a God exists and is benevolent, why should that concern any of us?
Believers like to huddle. Mutually supportive delusions, it's a thing with religion.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: Ecbarrowes on April 20, 2024, 05:09:33 PM"Knowledge" can have such potent force that in all self-honesty, you cannot deny it. Absolute certainty of a thing can be delivered to the soul by God. In order to distinguish such from other ideas which are not truly "known" requires a calm, clear mind, introspection, self-honesty.

So you're one of those people who thinks atheists secretly believe in God, but just pretend they don't because we're mad at him or just want to sin. Do I understand you correctly?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

I wasn't indoctrinated as a child. That allowed to grow up. And to grow up without ghosts and ghoulies and things that bump in the night.

Lots of people need to grow up.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Well guys, time to call our defeat.

Ecbarrowes is right, not because of supported arguments or logic or evidence or...
No, they are right because they say they are right. And nothing beats that.
We all know, back from our elementary school days that the kid who put their fingers in their ears and went 'nananana i can't hear you' was the smartest kid in school.

Ecbarrowes may not yet have put forth a single complete claim that they want challenged.
But the moment they do, we have obviously lost.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Gawdzilla Sama

It's pointless to try to educate the poster, it's mind was made up when the indoctrination started when it was a child. I was never indoctrinated, never a believer.
PZ Myers

Ecbarrowes

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 20, 2024, 04:12:45 PMWhat's a god?
Jesus said, Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. God expects us to grow up and be like him. Hence God is an advanced version of ourselves.

Ecbarrowes

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 20, 2024, 06:06:14 PMEcbarrowes, If you want to believe that a God exists and is benevolent, why should that concern any of us?

If a benevolent creator exists, then all prospects are good for anyone with genuine desires for happiness. Of course prospects would be bad for those intent on darkness.

Ecbarrowes

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 20, 2024, 07:25:47 PMSo you're one of those people who thinks atheists secretly believe in God, but just pretend they don't because we're mad at him or just want to sin. Do I understand you correctly?

I would say that "athiests" are a motley crew, just as any categorization. Certainly, some fit the descriptors you mentioned.

Ecbarrowes

I'm not right because I "say so." Truth has a way of enduring time and temperament trials. Christians, like all people, can be delusional at times. They can be right at times. The task, as I see it, is to determine what is true and filter for it, so that one's brain becomes a garden of truth, pleasant and joyous to inhabit.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Ecbarrowes on April 21, 2024, 12:27:55 PMThe task, as I see it, is to determine what is true and filter for it, so that one's brain becomes a garden of truth, pleasant and joyous to inhabit.
You're a human and therefore not good at that.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

I don't believe God exists, and I don't believe that Jesus ever existed.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman