Origins of the Universe. (Creation versus science. Do they contradict?)

Started by Mousetrap, July 06, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2018, 05:55:51 PM
I honestly gave up giving a shit about this guy, I feel you guys are putting to much energy in arguing against someone who can't get out of his bubble and never will.
We've moved into mental pushups.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 17, 2018, 06:27:42 PM
We've moved into mental pushups.

just don't strain or your get a nose bleed, trying to work against someone like this with logic and facts is like trying to fight a zombie with a spray bottle.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on July 17, 2018, 05:55:51 PM
I honestly gave up giving a shit about this guy, I feel you guys are putting to much energy in arguing against someone who can't get out of his bubble and never will.
I might chance to look up another fact I didn't know!  For now it's still fun; I know Mousie is hopeless, all I'm aiming for now is coming up with an argument or perspective one of y'all can use with someone less cranially concretized.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

aitm

He has been trained in the pretzelation of logic. It works for him. He is a born again, one call tell by the devotion of his emotions over logic. This is common among born agains, they get so emotionally involved, they tell everyone about their new found faith, when presented with real evidence it threatens their very story of overcoming drugs or alcohol and simply being another guy what came to their senses. But that would ruin everything and then he would have to admit he was a fucking idiot for believing this nonsense. Hence, the pretzelness of logic....hmmmm I should copyright that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on July 17, 2018, 07:44:56 PM
He has been trained in the pretzelation of logic. It works for him. He is a born again, one call tell by the devotion of his emotions over logic. This is common among born agains, they get so emotionally involved, they tell everyone about their new found faith, when presented with real evidence it threatens their very story of overcoming drugs or alcohol and simply being another guy what came to their senses. But that would ruin everything and then he would have to admit he was a fucking idiot for believing this nonsense. Hence, the pretzelness of logic....hmmmm I should copyright that.

Irony alert.  The standard pretzel shape is from N Italy, where they gave away pretzels in the that shape to children studying the Bible.  The three holes represent the Holy Trinity.  Yes, theology is the pretzelizing of logic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: aitm on July 17, 2018, 07:44:56 PM
Never did I claim to be a Born again, it is your opinion.
Never did I tell anyone about my new found faith, I simply showed atheists some facts I discovered and reasoning that gives a much different view of the age old arguments from Atheists that the Biblical description are non comparable with science.
I never came out with any sop story about how my life changed etc. This is just another straw man you build, then destroy, thinking you destroyed me.

Then you found yourself without any further reasoning capabilities, and started to call me a F## idiot!
This is the true reflection of Atreist logic.

Build a straw man, destroy the straw man, tell yourself you are great in destroying the Biblical argument, not realising everyone can see you did no such a thing.
Then finish your argument of by denigrating your opponent, even swear at him, call him a idiot, and display to fellow Atheists that you are a strong debator that done take dung from no one.

You are funny!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 17, 2018, 08:03:32 PM
Irony alert.  The standard pretzel shape is from N Italy, where they gave away pretzels in the that shape to children studying the Bible.  The three holes represent the Holy Trinity.  Yes, theology is the pretzelizing of logic.
How do you do that?
These answers is the most sarcastic yet funny i have seen from few.
You actually tell someone they are silly, and they laugh at them self reading your posts!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...

Baruch

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 18, 2018, 03:08:04 AM
How do you do that?
These answers is the most sarcastic yet funny i have seen from few.
You actually tell someone they are silly, and they laugh at them self reading your posts!

In life, you can laugh or cry.  I prefer to laugh.  People who have a poor sense of humor, maybe they need to cry some more.

The point isn't to evangelize a message ... the point is to put your true self out there, that is witnessing, not advertising.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Baruch on July 18, 2018, 06:39:25 AM
In life, you can laugh or cry.  I prefer to laugh.  People who have a poor sense of humor, maybe they need to cry some more.

The point isn't to evangelize a message ... the point is to put your true self out there, that is witnessing, not advertising.
I forgot to put this thought on the table.
Isaac Newton it is said, to have come upon the idea of gravity when an apple fell on his head.
William Stukeley was the first person to claim that Newton told this to him a year before Newton died. It was some decades later that Stukley published this claim.
Anyhow, as we all know, Newton was not only one of the World's greatest scientists, but also one of the Bibles' greatest researchers.
When the Catholic Jesuites declared that white light is pure light, and colored light is contaminated light, Newton thought about the words, and God said, let there be light.
He understood that God made one light, and thought immediately that white light should be a collection of all colors.
This was the start off of his discoveries over 30 years on color, light, optics, gravity, calculus, and much more.

Now, why did Newton tell Stukley that he thought about an apple that fell on his head and it gave him the ideas about Gravity.
Why did he never tell anyone during his lifetime, except of course Stukley.

Now, my thinking is that, because Newton loved metaphors, creating difficult puzzles, and loved to get people into word games to think about many questions, HE USED THE APPLE AS A METAPHOR OF GENESIS AND THE CREATION STORY.
Just as I investigated Genesis to see if it can compare with science, and found the Nebular theory which science today embrace as a fact for the origins of our universe, just so did Immanuel Kant found what I found, and so did Newton.
His grand understanding of Gravity, comes from Genesis-the apple-
Enjoy your weekend

trdsf

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 20, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
Isaac Newton it is said, to have come upon the idea of gravity when an apple fell on his head.
William Stukeley was the first person to claim that Newton told this to him a year before Newton died. It was some decades later that Stukley published this claim.

(vast tracts of blather removed)
*giggle* *snrk* *cackle*

You really don't know how Google works at all, do you?

Here's Stukeley's actual account:

Quote from: William Stukeley
After dinner, the weather being warm, we went into the garden & drank tea under the shade of some apple tree, only he and myself.

Amid other discourse, he told me, he was just in the same situation, as when formerly the notion of gravitation came into his mind. Why should that apple always descend perpendicularly to the ground, thought he to himself, occasioned by the fall of an apple, as he sat in contemplative mood.

Why should it not go sideways, or upwards? But constantly to the Earth’s center? Assuredly the reason is, that the Earth draws it. There must be a drawing power in matter. And the sum of the drawing power in the matter of the Earth must be in the Earth’s center, not in any side of the Earth.

Therefore, does this apple fall perpendicularly or towards the center? If matter thus draws matter; it must be in proportion of its quantity. Therefore the apple draws the Earth, as well as the Earth draws the apple.
Source is right here, because sources matter.

Not only did Newton never tell Stukeley an apple fell on his head, Stukeley never reported it that way.  Also, not one word about Genesis in the account, either admitted by Newton or embellished by Stukeley.

If you're going to be wrong about the little stuff, there's no reason to take you seriously about the big stuff.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 20, 2018, 10:08:05 AMAnyhow, as we all know, Newton was not only one of the World's greatest scientists, but also one of the Bibles' greatest researchers.
And that matters how?  He could be the world's greatest psychic and it wouldn't give any credibility to ESP.  Genius in one field doesn't rub off in another field.

Btw, this sort of argument is called honor by association, a type of appeal to authority.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 20, 2018, 12:04:04 PM
And that matters how?  He could be the world's greatest psychic and it wouldn't give any credibility to ESP.  Genius in one field doesn't rub off in another field.

Btw, this sort of argument is called honor by association, a type of appeal to authority.
And we all know how very much christians love 'authority'!  We have christians of all stripes pointing to a passage in Romans telling them that all authority is of god and therefore Trump is of and from god--he can do no wrong.  Religion rightly called opiate of the masses.  A christian does not need evidence, only a belief and they will do and say anything---anything!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 12:08:45 PM
And we all know how very much christians love 'authority'!  We have christians of all stripes pointing to a passage in Romans telling them that all authority is of god and therefore Trump is of and from god--he can do no wrong.  Religion rightly called opiate of the masses.  A christian does not need evidence, only a belief and they will do and say anything---anything!

Per Calvin, nobody can do anything wrong, if they are Elect.  This was very popular with people who saw themselves as part of the Elect ;-(

Misquoting Marx ... well uneducated Marxists would do that.  Marx said "opiate of the masses" because he was sympathetic to their plight:

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

He wasn't some law-and-order anti-drug asshole, who would read your misquote, in an entirely different light.  Mothers gave laudanum to babies in the 19th century.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 20, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

Yeah, it's like saying because Stephen Hawking was a brilliant physicist, that made him a great rapper, or because Ed Witten came up with M theory, he's unbeatable at ping-pong.

Mousie also does a wonderful job of simply gliding past the facts that Newton's religious opinions were -- and still are -- rather heterodox, and despite the revolution in chemistry started by Boyle in Newton's own lifetime, he remained an enthusiastic alchemist, forever on the search for the Philosopher's Stone -- so no, not just mixing things to see what they do as a proto-analytical chemist but full-bore woo.  Books on mathematics, physics and astronomy together made up barely 12% of his personal library, books on alchemy alone made up nearly 10%.  Christian mythology (what's commonly referred to as 'theology') made up over a quarter of his library.

Gawdzilla Sama

[/quote]
Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2018, 12:08:45 PM
We have christians of all stripes pointing to a passage in Romans telling them that all authority is of god and therefore Trump is of and from god--he can do no wrong.
Funny, that didn't apply when "OhBummer" was in office.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers