News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I am curious.

Started by Mike Cl, July 19, 2016, 12:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

The Trump campaign is for real.  Isn't it?????  I mean, can this really be real?  Part of me tells me this is a farce in the classic way--it is a total put-on, and has been from the get-go.  He just did not realize how much this would catch on.  So, he keeps running with it just to see how far it will go.  He makes the worst possible choices and says the worst possible things.  And yet, he just keeps his core.  And maybe gathers more to it. 

Part of me thinks this is so--that this is a total put-on.  But is that just wishful thinking on my part? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

doorknob

I don't know. Personally I worry as this shows how many racists and bigots there are.

I mean donald trump has shown us what an idiot he actually is but so many conservatives agree with him that it's scary. I don't know which is more scary actually. (trump or the trump supporters.)

If donald trump gets elected I might consider running away to Canada. I'd love to live in Australia!

Draconic Aiur

His wife copied Michelle Obama's speech, and everyone applauded. Trump said some terrible shit gets applauded.

Yeah it doesnt feel real

PickelledEggs

I'm going to make a wild assumption that Melina's speech writer knowing did it to help sabatoge the Trumps' campaign.

Sent from your mom.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 19, 2016, 01:47:20 PM
I'm going to make a wild assumption that Melina's speech writer knowing did it to help sabatoge the Trumps' campaign.

Sent from your mom.

Sabotage? This only helps. Any media is good media... especially for Trump who feeds off of negativity. This is if anything a blessing for his campaign.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on July 19, 2016, 01:51:41 PM
Sabotage? This only helps. Any media is good media... especially for Trump who feeds off of negativity. This is if anything a blessing for his campaign.
An attempt is an attempt.

And like I said, it was a wild guess. Not actually sure that was the backstory of how.... almost word for word that speech was

Mike Cl

At no time have I seen Trump actually try to do the 'savvy' thing for a politician to do.  At no time has he not make the absolute worst decision for a typical politician; or has he taken back anything he has said--and he has said so many 'politician career ending things' that this must be on purpose.  If this is on purpose, what would that be?  I think he thought he would run in that ridiculous Rep. nominating race just to disturb the shit a bit.  And he got a much bigger response than he imagined he would.  So he just kept it up.  And hasn't stopped.  The latest--his wife's speech; how could that not be scripted??????  It is a farcical play, so to speak, that has taken on a life of it's own.  I just can't believe he is or was serious. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

It may have begun as a publicity stunt, but took off like gangbusters and if he is elected by some quirk we can look forward to president Pence after Trump is either impeached or just resigns or killed. .. That's even scarier..   
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 19, 2016, 03:22:53 PM
It may have begun as a publicity stunt, but took off like gangbusters and if he is elected by some quirk we can look forward to president Pence after Trump is either impeached or just resigns or killed. .. That's even scarier..   
As a resident of Indiana, I'm just glad Pence can't run for governor now. but you are absolutely right, that President Pence would be the worst kind of "scary."
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on July 19, 2016, 03:36:38 PM
As a resident of Indiana, I'm just glad Pence can't run for governor now. but you are absolutely right, that President Pence would be the worst kind of "scary."

President Pence sounds like a villain from a Harry Potter novel.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 19, 2016, 12:32:59 PM
The Trump campaign is for real.  Isn't it?????  I mean, can this really be real?  Part of me tells me this is a farce in the classic way--it is a total put-on, and has been from the get-go.  He just did not realize how much this would catch on.  So, he keeps running with it just to see how far it will go.  He makes the worst possible choices and says the worst possible things.  And yet, he just keeps his core.  And maybe gathers more to it. 

Part of me thinks this is so--that this is a total put-on.  But is that just wishful thinking on my part? 

I've been thinking for quite a while that Trump's only goal with this campaign is the destruction of the Republican party from the inside. If so, he's doing it right - if not, he's doing it right!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 19, 2016, 05:06:45 PM

I've been thinking for quite a while that Trump's only goal with this campaign is the destruction of the Republican party from the inside. If so, he's doing it right - if not, he's doing it right!
He is paying very little, if any, money out of pocket.  He could not have paid for this type of publicity for any amount--his financial stock just soared from that alone.  Win or lose this election he has won for himself personally.  What I find so disturbing is the depth of hate a racism that this campaign has brought to the surface.  I guess that was actually always there--just not as apparent.  So, maybe having this evil exposed is a good thing.............???  Maybe????  This has to be a farce--can't be serious. 

stromboli

I have observed Trump for many years and I have never seen anything that indicates he is capable of layered or sophisticated thinking. His IQ, according to one source, is not much over 100. so I don't think he is subtly manipulating anything. My take from the beginning was that his intent was to win the presidency and trash anything Obama did regardless of the consequences. He really is a hateful, bigoted braggart. And Obama embarrassed him over the "birther" thing and I'm sure he is out for revenge.

Unbeliever

I'm sure you know him better than I, Stromboli. I never even saw that silly 'reality' show of his. Never though much about him at all until he threw his hat in the ring for the Oval Office. Maybe that's what's wrong with his hair - he needs a new hat.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Flanker1Six

Trump is no more complicated than his being an egomaniacal narcissist stuck in his emotional teens intent on out shining his Dad.  Listen to him talk.  It's all me, I, and myself.  Add in some I'm the best, smartest, best looking, have the hottest wives, nicest cars, and biggest houses, smartest kids etc.  That self absorbed emo shit extends into his act about making America, great, first, successful, blah, blah, blah again.   When he says America; he means him.  His ego feed, his adulation, his sense of being validated by his Trump Tools and what ever source of "Don, you're SO wonderful!"  Narcs are not sophisticated; they're just self absorbed, and non empathetic.   Two rungs up from serial killers. 

The most objective assessment of his "business acumen" I've read.  If it's too long for you; just read the last two paragraphs. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/good-bad-donald-trump-businessman-000000016.html

Fast (and objective) version of where Don comes from:  It's the Be A Killer; Be A King article

http://lisabelkin-yahoonews.tumblr.com/   

Donald Chump is completely unfit for the office of President of the US; for reasons of personality and character defect.  If I hadn't switched from the GOP to the Libertarian Party in '08; the advent of Chump's 2016 Presidential nomination would have seen me leaping out of the GOP plane without a chute!