Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

A religious horror. Appareantly the hell has three gates on earth. One in the desert, one in the sea, guess where the third one is. It's bad. But not toooo bad. Execution is somewhat OK. If you really, really don't have anything to do. I had no idea what it was just clicked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTIwfN-4hZ4

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

That is how things have been for all three Abrahamic religions there ... pretty much a horror story at times ... though man made, not G-d made.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2016, 06:10:35 PM
That is how things have been for all three Abrahamic religions there ... pretty much a horror story at times ... though man made, not G-d made.
Abrahamic religions pretty much horror stories at times---yeah, all the time!  Though man made and not god made????  Isn't that a 'no shit' comment?  When can a fictional cartoon create anything?  Well, except laughter.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 08, 2016, 06:37:38 PM
Abrahamic religions pretty much horror stories at times---yeah, all the time!  Though man made and not god made????  Isn't that a 'no shit' comment?  When can a fictional cartoon create anything?  Well, except laughter.

There is justice, and there is mercy.  I keep leaning toward mercy.  Of course that is me, you don't have to forgive these desert mirages and their bastard offspring.  Maybe you are more of a forest guy, or a sea guy.  Actually memes in people's heads can do a lot of damage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

The Money Monster

55% from critics, 62% from audiences, a paltry 14.7 million box office take the first weekend.  I give it a 10/10.  Oh well.  Different strokes for different folks.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

I have just seen The Revanant. And I LOVED IT. Apperantly I am one of the few people who did though. Who fucking cares about the academy awards, seriously. Or why Di Caprio got an oscar with this one OR how bad the message of the movie, because the protagonist supposedly after revenge. What fucking message? We need a brand new SJW group against movie critics. :P

It's really good. Watch it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Nice Guys

Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe, so that's a positive probability.  As a comedy/drama, somewhat dark, I'd rate it higher, because it definitely had some good laughs, which I don't often get from what gets passed off as comedy.  Overall, compared to the better movies, a 7/10.

drunkenshoe

Avengers: Civil War.

Liked it. I didn't get bored. Need to see a few times though, I kept being distracted. Couldn't get into it much.

gentle_dissident

I'm giving High School High an arbitrary 5.5. If you're into that sort of thing, it's a good thing. OMG! Louise Fletcher!

marom1963

The Wolf of Wall Street. A Scorcese formula picture. It was good.  It wasn't his best. Di Caprio was good. Not his best, either. He was re-doing Catch Me If You Can.
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

gentle_dissident

Quote from: marom1963 on May 26, 2016, 09:50:50 PM
Catch Me If You Can.
That's the only Spielberg production I've liked. It's the subject matter and setting. It all seems familiar.

Frank Abagnale, Jr.: Brenda, I don't want to lie to you anymore. All right? I'm not a doctor. I never went to medical school. I'm not a lawyer, or a Harvard graduate, or a Lutheran. Brenda, I ran away from home a year and a half ago when I was 16.

Brenda Strong: Frank? Frank? You're not a Lutheran?

SGOS

Quote from: gentle_dissident on May 27, 2016, 01:12:54 AM
Frank Abagnale, Jr.: Brenda, I don't want to lie to you anymore. All right? I'm not a doctor. I never went to medical school. I'm not a lawyer, or a Harvard graduate, or a Lutheran. Brenda, I ran away from home a year and a half ago when I was 16.

Brenda Strong: Frank? Frank? You're not a Lutheran?

That's a very good movie, not often discussed, and filled with interesting personal encounters like the one above.  I pulled it out and watched it again a month ago, and had the same reaction I did from two years before that:  A movie that tells a good story well.  Who would have ever thought of a thing like that?  Hell, it didn't even have an explosion in it.

Shiranu

(500) Days of Summer - 9.3/10. It's the type of movie I needed right now, but there were parts that felt a little draggy to me where I ended up pausing the movie, getting something to eat, checking youtube, etc.. But for every other part, damn it is a good movie. Not the type of movie I would have watched a week ago for sure.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Saw warcraft: the beginning. 8.0, it was a pretty good adaptation of the games lore from the lore books, the characters were as I pictured them more or less, and despite a few changes, the odd bad bit of CGI (surprisingly not the orcs themselves), and the odd actor not being that great, overall it was a pretty good movie, one of the best game adaptation movies, which honestly isn't saying much since gaming adaptions have never been the best, but this did fine. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin