News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God Particle Confirmed

Started by Alaric I, March 14, 2013, 01:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric I

Scientist at CERN announced today the existance of the Higgs Boson.  They state there is still testing to be done to verify what kind of Higgs, but the God Particle is real.

Hydra009

Plu

Interesting. Now lets see what the next step is :)

mendacium remedium

Check mate atheists!

(Just kidding)
"Let there be no compulsion in religion, for truth is clear from error" - Quran
Apostasy Islam]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oKXh2oy8E[/url]

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world\'s most influential persons may surprise some readers ... but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."
? Michael H. Hart]

[size=150]"The cure for ignorance is to question" -Muhammed(pbuh)[/size]

Mathias

Thankfully they do not called alah particle, imagine what the theocrats would not do, if they started to understand physics?

I'm not (kidding)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Brian37

Quote from: "Alaric I"Scientist at CERN announced today the existance of the Higgs Boson.  They state there is still testing to be done to verify what kind of Higgs, but the God Particle is real.

STOP CALLING IT THE "GOD PARTICLE" PLEASE, IT FEEDS THE FUNDIES!

I fucking hate that language, just like the "God Gene". FUCK that shit seriously, we have enough on our hands with superstition in general, when scientists use this language it makes my dick itch!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "Mathias"Thankfully they do not called alah particle, imagine what the theocrats would not do, if they started to understand physics?

I'm not (kidding)

EXACTLY, since there is no such thing as a god just call it a particle.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

BarkAtTheMoon

+1 about calling it the God Particle. The article I read this morning about this story was the first one I think I've ever read where they made no mention of that nickname. I was pleasantly surprised...then I log on to ATHEISTforums.com and bam! God Particle.
 :Hangman:

ETA: This article via reddit: http://www.interactions.org/cms/?pid=1032641. Makes sense since it's a particle physics publication, but still.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Atheon

P1: Particles exist.
P2: The God Particle exists.
Therefore god exists.

Hallelujah! Praise Jeeeeeeezuzzzz!!!! :rolleyes:
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Plu

Lets get back to calling it the Higgs Boson then.

Brian37

Quote from: "Atheon"P1: Particles exist.
P2: The God Particle exists.
Therefore god exists.

Hallelujah! Praise Jeeeeeeezuzzzz!!!! :rolleyes:

STOP SERIOUSLY! I know you are kidding, but we really don't need to be feeding delusional people. I am not kidding, when laypeople hear "God particle" far to many people SERIOUSLY  go "SEE SEE SEE SEE".

No different than when idiots watch the X Files and think it is a real documentary on government files.

Would you let a nut out of the funny farm who thought they were Napoleon and buy them a horse? Please don't feed them. :P

leo

The god particle ? This sounds very ridiculous. :-?
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

BarkAtTheMoon

The funny thing about it being called the "God Particle" is that it's existance is just one more thing that makes creator gods unnecessary.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

mendacium remedium

So what made the God particle  :rollin:
"Let there be no compulsion in religion, for truth is clear from error" - Quran
Apostasy Islam]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oKXh2oy8E[/url]

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world\'s most influential persons may surprise some readers ... but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level."
? Michael H. Hart]

[size=150]"The cure for ignorance is to question" -Muhammed(pbuh)[/size]

The Dude

Quote from: "mendacium remedium"So what made the God particle  :rollin:

Particle!

Wait, did I get that backwards...