Theist:Why do you think God does not exist what are your reasons?

Started by John Paul, November 26, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 08:40:45 AM
We are taught to not cling to this life or attainment for self, but that peace will come through devotion.

No gumball machine or pez dispenser.

Life
That is insulting to every victim suffering at this moment, because of some shit your God created, for no other apparent reason, than for humans, and other mammals to be as miserable as possible, while it feeds on them.

No caring father.

Life.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 14, 2017, 07:07:00 PM
Yes, I've read the book, but how does it relate specifically to the Holocaust?

German Christians ... and not so Christians, used the Bible as the blueprint for the Holocaust.  If there were no Bible, at least none that the Gentile could read, they wouldn't have used it as a pattern (self fulfilling prophecy, but Gentile on Jew, not Jew on Jew.).  And similarly the recreation in modern times of Israel and Modern Hebrew (not the same as Biblical Hebrew, it is Esperanto of Hebrew/Arabic base).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 14, 2017, 09:57:06 PM
Several things.
1.  Demons are fiction, just as your god, jesus, other gods, spirits, angels and the like.
2.  Nothing has a 'soul'--that is a fiction as well.
3.  True--you are not the only theist.  But your precise way of belief is unique to you; no other theist agrees with everything you accept as being real.
4.  I can "grasp the idea of a thing pervading all existence yet still undetectable....".  It is just nonsense, that's all.  I know of the idea--but is based on fiction.
5.  How do you know what 'things' I've searched for or the instruments I used to conduct that search or the mindset I had when I was on each search???  You simply assume that I am too lazy/ignorant/defiant  to understand what it is you are saying.  I fully understand what you are saying and claiming.  I am saying back to you that that is based on a fiction and has no application in the real world nor is it based on any empirical data or facts.

So, stop telling me what I have read, searched for, or understand.  I would appreciate it if you could simply supply me with one tiny little fact about god or demons or spirits or souls.

My faith is not based on a book.

I didn't assume you were lazy and meant incapable as you know there is no way to provide you with empirical evidence for GOD.

Show evidence that there is not. A person can be a demon anf an angel. Not literally of course.

I never told you what you read and wouldn't. I also haven't stated what you have or haven't searched for or the means you employed. If there was a tool that could prove the existence of GOD we might have e heard of it.

You can say my beliefs are based on fiction all you want. But it isn't true as I received faith in 2011 without any writings, and didn't read the NT until starting in 15.

faith in selfless unity for good

Baruch

Faith in a book is bibliolatry .. an almost universal sin across many religions.  I am a great sinner, I adore books, much more than the Virgin Mary.  Zen is about the only partial exception that seriously opposes bibliolatry.  Sunni Islam is pure bibliolatry, hence their assurance that they are right ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on February 14, 2017, 10:58:14 PM
Faith in a book is bibliolatry .. an almost universal sin across many religions.  I am a great sinner, I adore books, much more than the Virgin Mary.  Zen is about the only partial exception that seriously opposes bibliolatry.  Sunni Islam is pure bibliolatry, hence their assurance that they are right ;-)
Good point.

Through nearly all of them they insist their own truth, but few actually refute the truth of others. Is it not Islam that actually plainly states that all religions are right for their time and people or something along those lines? I have found none that refute the Christ of GOD, but many that reference the Christ in multiple ways.

Of course any can argue that I am overly using symbolism. But I'm pretty sure that has been the case for man for some time.

Hydra009

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 08:40:45 AMWe are taught to not cling to this life or attainment for self, but that peace will come through devotion.
Are you sure you don't have Christians confused with atheists?  Because I'm pretty sure the central tenet (and big carrot) of Christianity is the promise of eternal life.  In fact, this tenet is so central that that if it were somehow retracted, I suspect Christianity would lose nearly all its membership extremely quickly.

Atheists typically do not employ such coping mechanisms about death and therefore can be said to more accepting of death and less "clinging to this life".

Refresh my memory, which group is more likely to assert a "culture of life" and disapprove of suicide?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 15, 2017, 12:36:37 AM
Are you sure you don't have Christians confused with atheists?  Because I'm pretty sure the central tenet (and big carrot) of Christianity is the promise of eternal life.  In fact, this tenet is so central that that if it were somehow retracted, I suspect Christianity would lose nearly all its membership extremely quickly.

Atheists typically do not employ such coping mechanisms about death and therefore can be said to more accepting of death and less "clinging to this life".

Refresh my memory, which group is more likely to assert a "culture of life" and disapprove of suicide?

I'm certain there will be a falling away. No doubt. There will be a division between the hypocrite and the zealot.

Coping mechanism? Yes I'm sure that may be the case for some. Fear does motivate some I suppose. All are going to die and any return isn't said to be bodily...

Sorry falling asleep,will attempt to continue in the morning

peace

Cavebear

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 13, 2017, 06:48:28 AM
GOD is eternal. No beginning and no cause. It doesn't really complicated anything seeing as how we can prove none of it. I'm speaking of an ultimate causal force without a cause itself. Saying whatever caused all existence as we observe it today was itself caused by void is confusion and nonsensical. I see where you're coming from, and it's a decent defensive stance, but really is based on circular logic.

peace

By the way; I do appreciate your general tone with regards to your interactions with me as of late, and mean no disrespect towards you or your own views.

When you speak of a deity as always existing because it always existed, you are creating a logical spiral.  The idea that some deity came into existence before existence to create existence just doesn't work.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 15, 2017, 12:03:38 AM
Good point.

Through nearly all of them they insist their own truth, but few actually refute the truth of others. Is it not Islam that actually plainly states that all religions are right for their time and people or something along those lines? I have found none that refute the Christ of GOD, but many that reference the Christ in multiple ways.

Of course any can argue that I am overly using symbolism. But I'm pretty sure that has been the case for man for some time.

Our regulars oppose the cave art of Stone Age France ... because it is art, and it is French.  And no, it didn't cure any diseases (of the physical sort) it was shamanism, which they oppose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 15, 2017, 12:36:37 AM

Ancient Egypt promised eternal life ... the Christians aren't original.  Are you opposed the Pharaoh's pyramid (Presidential libraries)?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 15, 2017, 01:01:16 AM

I'm certain there will be a falling away. No doubt. There will be a division between the hypocrite and the zealot.

Coping mechanism? Yes I'm sure that may be the case for some. Fear does motivate some I suppose. All are going to die and any return isn't said to be bodily...

Sorry falling asleep,will attempt to continue in the morning

peace

Quran speaks of zealots and hypocrits.  Fear the zealots then, the Sicarii aka ISIS.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on February 15, 2017, 02:06:18 AM
When you speak of a deity as always existing because it always existed, you are creating a logical spiral.  The idea that some deity came into existence before existence to create existence just doesn't work.
No, a thing outside of the confines of a thing it formed is simple logic.

You act as if existence must be limited to what is observable though we speak of origins prior to observable laws so your limits aren't accurate.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 06:49:23 AM
Our regulars oppose the cave art of Stone Age France ... because it is art, and it is French.  And no, it didn't cure any diseases (of the physical sort) it was shamanism, which they oppose.
Yet another great point. Before man could articulate thought through writing or even speech, they could and did use symbolism.

Guess what the symbolism shows....Obviously important to ancient man. Could you call it instinctual... prior to the addition of greed, or its manipulation of the societal structure of man?

How do you argue against something that has been portraid and expressed by man since before written word?

Thanks.

You jog the mind and bring things back into the fold with your thought provoking responses.

peace

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2017, 06:52:16 AM
Quran speaks of zealots and hypocrits.  Fear the zealots then, the Sicarii aka ISIS.
Fear the consiquince of ones own actions. So fearing the keepers of the law would follow. If only the misdirected zealots would actually follow their own book they would show mercy, and realize their own inability to rightly judge while in obvious sin.

aitm

Popsthebuilder: GOD is eternal. No beginning and no cause. It doesn't really complicated anything seeing as how we can prove none of it. I'm speaking of an ultimate causal force without a cause itself. Saying whatever caused all existence as we observe it today was itself caused by void is confusion and nonsensical. I see where you're coming from, and it's a decent defensive stance, but really is based on circular logic.

In short....I make shit up. Don't need no answers, no reason, I make shit up.....Glad.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust