ISIS Bombs Second Holiest Islamic Site During Ramadan

Started by Shiranu, July 06, 2016, 12:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36712320

QuoteThe king of Saudi Arabia has promised to strike with an "iron hand" against those responsible for a suicide attack near the Prophet's Mosque in Medina - one of Islam's most sacred sites.
Four security officers were killed in the attack, as worshippers gathered to break the day's fasting for Ramadan.

Two other attacks elsewhere in the kingdom killed only the bombers.
"We will strike with an iron hand those who target the minds and thoughts... of our dear youth," King Salman said.

The monarch was delivering a speech to mark Eid al-Fitr, the holiday that celebrates the end of Ramadan.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks but so-called Islamic State has carried out similar bombings, targeting Shia Muslims and Saudi security forces. Saudi Arabia's highest religious body denounced the three attacks. The Senior Council of Ulema said the bombers had "violated everything that is sacred".

Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, the UN high commissioner for human rights and a member of the Jordanian royal family, said: "This is one of the holiest sites in Islam, and for such an attack to take place there, during Ramadan, can be considered a direct attack on Muslims all across the world."

So tell me if I am missing something here... terrorism is an almost entirely Islamic tool... and the terrorists are now bombing their second most holy site... a site Mohammad himself supposedly built and is buried at... and it all has to do with Islam? First I am told that the Prophet is the most holy and unquestionable thing in Islam... now you are telling me they are bombing HIS mosque and HIS grave in the name of Islam?

Sorry... that doesn't add up. It couldn't possibly be that terrorism is deeper than just "omg they are different and that's why they hate us!" or has geopolitical agendas...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cocoa Beware

QuoteSo tell me if I am missing something here... terrorism is an almost entirely Islamic tool... and the terrorists are now bombing their second most holy site... a site Mohammad himself supposedly built and is buried at... and it all has to do with Islam? First I am told that the Prophet is the most holy and unquestionable thing in Islam... now you are telling me they are bombing HIS mosque and HIS grave in the name of Islam?

Sorry... that doesn't add up. It couldn't possibly be that terrorism is deeper than just "omg they are different and that's why they hate us!" or has geopolitical agendas...

I'm open to this being politically motivated, KSA and ISIS are bitter adversaries after all. I have to say it would be a very strange choice of targets, that is for something that has nothing to do with religion.

Unfortunately, motivation wise, it's at best an anomaly; they usually destroy each other's holy sites for very different reasons.

Hijiri Byakuren

Everyone's an asshole
Their attitudes are shit when they get in a group
Everyone's an asshole
When they buddy up

Fair and balanced (like Fox News).
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

baronvonrort

Quote from: Shiranu on July 06, 2016, 12:25:25 AM

So tell me if I am missing something here...

Yes you are missing something here many of us have known this for quite some time, I believe leftists like you suffer from a type of mental retardation in defending Islam.

www.torontosun.com/2016/07/05/the-historical-roots-of-islamist-terrorism

Shiranu

Quote from: baronvonrort on July 06, 2016, 07:18:35 PM
Yes you are missing something here many of us have known this for quite some time, I believe leftists like you suffer from a type of mental retardation in defending Islam.

www.torontosun.com/2016/07/05/the-historical-roots-of-islamist-terrorism

Funny that you would post an article refuting what the xenophobes always say; an article that says Islam is not homogeneous. Then you call the opposing side... the side that agrees with that... retarded.

Well... no one ever said thinking and bigotry go hand in hand.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on July 06, 2016, 12:25:25 AMSo tell me if I am missing something here... terrorism is an almost entirely Islamic tool... and the terrorists are now bombing their second most holy site... a site Mohammad himself supposedly built and is buried at... and it all has to do with Islam? First I am told that the Prophet is the most holy and unquestionable thing in Islam... now you are telling me they are bombing HIS mosque and HIS grave in the name of Islam?

Al Queda attacked Saudi Arabia as well, which also seems sorta blue-on-blue from the ol' "Muslims VS the world" perspective.  Muslim terrorists attacking muslims is actually pretty common.  It's almost as if the reality of the situation was more complex than this simplistic narrative can account for.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2016, 09:13:24 PM
Al Qaeda attacked Saudi Arabia as well
The Saudis allowed infidels into the Islamic holy land. This makes them heretics in the eyes of extremists, and in all religions heretics have always been considered worse than heathens.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

pr126

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2016, 09:13:24 PM
Al Queda attacked Saudi Arabia as well, which also seems sorta blue-on-blue from the ol' "Muslims VS the world" perspective.  Muslim terrorists attacking muslims is actually pretty common.  It's almost as if the reality of the situation was more complex than this simplistic narrative can account for.

+9000

Shiranu

pr126

Muslims wouldn’t bomb Muhammad’s city, would they? Sure they would.
QuoteSo the target was not Muhammad’s mosque itself, but a security headquarters nearby â€" an outpost of the hated Saudi state, which the Islamic State considers to be heretical and apostate. Considered in light of the other recent Islamic State jihad bombings in Turkey, Bangladesh, and Iraq, it becomes clear: the Islamic State is targeting Muslim countries and trying to undermine their governments, with the ultimate goal of bringing them into the purview of its caliphate. However unattainable that goal may be in practice, it doesn’t prevent them from killing people in hopes of bringing it closer to attainment, and in hopes of pleasing their god who commands jihad warfare against unbelievers, without exempting Muslim rulers who are deemed to have left the straight path.

There is no doubt, however, that the deception and denial will continue. The lies from Islamic apologists are as much of a certainty in life as death and taxes, if not more so.

drunkenshoe

Pondering into something and asking questions about it; being sceptic about a common mainstream media propaganda has become 'defending' a religion. Whatever that means. And if you ask questions, demand answers and explanation instead of jumping onto a bandwagon and say 'no there is more in to this' you are a 'mentally retarded leftist'.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Atheon

What kind of Muslim bombs a site sacred to Muslims? Not-a-real-Muslim?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Flanker1Six

All goes back to the extreme factionalism of islam, and it's underlying ethnic cultures.    My islam is better than yours because fill in the blank!    That and all too frequently aggrieved parties (in islam) primary coping technique for irritation is violence.   

Ever see Monty Python's The Life of Brian?   In the middle of the movie there's a scene satirizing jewish factionalism, and "splinter groups".   That scene; also encapsulates islamic factionalism to the T.  Add in some vitriolic hatred, extreme self righteousness, automatic weapons, and explosives..................stir well.

Oh yea............................and stand well back! 

My other observation would be the irony of the islamic spiritual grandchildren biting the hand/s that fed their grandfathers/mothers.  The Sauds used partnering up with the Wahabbists as a fast track to peninsular (and by default--holy site) dominance via conveyed (by the Wahabbists) orthodoxy and legitimacy.    As time went on, and the Sauds became increasing liberal in the eyes of their no longer docile Wahabbists.................ouch!   

Hey!  That shit was funny when you were bombing those "other guys!"