News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

I heard somepony likes mlp webcomics.  I recommend StableQuest, an interactive Fallout Equestria comic (have I mentioned lately how much I love that setting?)

The comic is interactive in the sense that the community collectively makes choices which are then reflected in the latest comic.  It's not interactive in the sense that you can submit responses for comic #1 and alter the outcome of comic #2, since by the time comic #2 is out, voting in comic #1 has closed and the community choices in response to comic #1 are set in stone.  Nor can you click on the comic as you would a flash game, like I've tried to do more than once.  I am not a smart pony.

The format is kinda strange until you get used to it - the first part consists of select responses from the community (vote tallies, especially humorous responses, etc) from the previous comic, then the new comic (which typically involves at least one choice).  At first, I thought the community responses were dialog within the comic.  Again, I am not a smart pony.

GrinningYMIR

Ooh, interactive, I like that idea. Everypony getting a lead in on it might be a cool thing too. Reminds me of Homestuck, I didn't like homestuck, but the concept of it was really cool.

I'll give it a look, my bag log is getting way filled now haha, everpony keeps telling me to read/watch new things, and I'm eager to see it all

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

I went and bronied up my main orc shaman from wow.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

The herd welcomes you!

Nice Stallion too

Munch

zug zug

this is just what would happen if my orc stepped though a portal he comes across, probably opened when derpy knocked over some potions, and him stepping though turning him into one

GrinningYMIR

He is welcome in Equestria, we never turn anypony away, unless they're an asshole, and then its off to Tartarus!

Munch

What if I want to hang out with discord and turn diamond tiara into farm equipment?

GrinningYMIR

*crosses arms* have you been watching the show? hmmm?

Sadly we need DT alive for now, her dad helps run the economy Ponyville

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on January 14, 2015, 04:46:58 AMWhat if I want to hang out with discord and turn diamond tiara into farm equipment?
That's fine and she's already a hoe.  :P

And come to think of it, southern Equestria is a lot like Durotar-Barrens-Mulgore, complete with sentient buffalo.  It even has its own Badlands.

Desdinova

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 13, 2015, 09:08:17 PM
He is welcome in Equestria, we never turn anypony away, unless they're an asshole, and then its off to Tartarus!

Is this being an asshole?

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

GrinningYMIR

GrinningYMIR

Hydra009

Quote from: Desdinova on January 14, 2015, 01:42:07 PMIs this being an asshole?

IIRC, there actually is glue in MLP.  Presumably, it's made from different materials.

Desdinova

Since I look in on this thread from time to time I just couldn't resist.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate