News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 23, 2021, 07:02:11 AM
Does it taste that bad or is it the ingredients?

Coors beer used to be sold exclusively west of the Mississippi river. I guess that gave it some cachet. I knew guys who would buy it and drive back east to drink and/or sell it. I've never enjoyed the flavor, but most of the guys I grew up with were all over it. I drank Budweiser, which isn't any better, just different. Coors Light is pretty much tasteless, like any other light beer. I see "craft" beers like 805 here in California, but they are another example of making love in a canoe- fucking close to water- and they cost stupid prices. If I'm just going to be slugging them down, I'll buy cheap beer. I'm back to Budweiser, but I don't slug them down. My FiL used to drink Schaeffer beer. Now, THAT was some real shit. Back in the day, it was $3 for a 12-pack. It had a kind of sweet taste, I guess from the corn. I knew guys who were in frats at uni who used to pour it from the cans into pitchers at rushes, because it tasted similar to Henry Weinhard's. That stuff was shit, too, but it was triple the price!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 24, 2021, 09:54:28 PM
Coors beer used to be sold exclusively west of the Mississippi river. I guess that gave it some cachet. I knew guys who would buy it and drive back east to drink and/or sell it. I've never enjoyed the flavor, but most of the guys I grew up with were all over it. I drank Budweiser, which isn't any better, just different. Coors Light is pretty much tasteless, like any other light beer. I see "craft" beers like 805 here in California, but they are another example of making love in a canoe- fucking close to water- and they cost stupid prices. If I'm just going to be slugging them down, I'll buy cheap beer. I'm back to Budweiser, but I don't slug them down. My FiL used to drink Schaeffer beer. Now, THAT was some real shit. Back in the day, it was $3 for a 12-pack. It had a kind of sweet taste, I guess from the corn. I knew guys who were in frats at uni who used to pour it from the cans into pitchers at rushes, because it tasted similar to Henry Weinhard's. That stuff was shit, too, but it was triple the price!
Back in the day--okay, several days--in college most of my group would get Brown Derby.  I think the stores paid people to pick it up.  Yes, I was told it was horrid, but then to me all beer was/is horrid.  After the first 3/4 all beer improves in taste, at least to me.  So, the formula was to chug the first 3 and then the rest was easy.  Don't know when Brown Derby went out of business--and no, I'd not drink it for old times sake.  As I understand it, Primo was sort of the same in Hawaii.  When I was in the Army there, I saw many pickup truck beds full of the stuff--drove up to the brewery in Honolulu and picked it up.  Their motto was--Gonna suckem up da Primo!!  I think that went out of business too.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Wasn't Coors the load in the first "Smokey and the Bandit"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 25, 2021, 06:46:48 AM
Yep. gaddummit. PBRs where the hip cheap beer a while back. I think they put salt in that stuff. It's the only cheap stuff that's not insta-headache for me.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 25, 2021, 06:46:48 AM
Coors was also Wolverine's brand, although they usually "Frenched" the label showing only "Coo" or "oors" or "Beer" in a similar style to the logo.

Weirdly, I tried various brands when I got it into my head to brew my own, but didn't drink so had no idea what I wanted to make and found out original Coors was my favorite. "Oh good," I thought. "My brand is a plot device in a Burt Reynolds movie." Haven't had any since that time I bazooka barfed, though.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Cassia on November 25, 2021, 07:55:48 AM
PBRs where the hip cheap beer a while back.

"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon, man!"

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 25, 2021, 01:59:06 PM
"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon, man!"

I don't know blue ribbon  but i second the fuck heineken.
That is the worst invention our neighbours to the north have made yet to date.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 26, 2021, 04:09:42 PM

The problem is by the time this happens everything will be in the cloud.

Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Facebook will own all the hard drives and still be the richest kids on the block.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009