News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Too bad Bill Clinton hasn't gotten AIDS ... would serve him right.  That would be worse than conviction after impeachment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Of course both sides are claiming a win, while nothing that was revealed will move the needle. However I do hope the committees will subpoena witnesses such as McGahn and Lewandowski for the case in which Trump tried to impede the Mueller investigation, then did everything to cover that up. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Unbeliever

Now all Trump needs is someone to make a movie called "TRiUMPh of the Will."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 24, 2019, 10:51:58 PM
Now all Trump needs is someone to make a movie called "TRiUMPh of the Will."

Hillary starring in Sergei Eisenstein movies ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMWMq4AEyjU

Vladimir Putin strikes again?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 24, 2019, 07:17:19 PM
Of course both sides are claiming a win, while nothing that was revealed will move the needle. However I do hope the committees will subpoena witnesses such as McGahn and Lewandowski for the case in which Trump tried to impede the Mueller investigation, then did everything to cover that up. Where there's smoke there's fire.
It's not the sides that matter â€" the hard-core Democratic and Republican bases are not going to move over this, no.

It's the ones in the middle that count, the swing voters that basically voted against Hillary more than they did for Himself.  The ones that are going to decide next year's election.  These aren't the people chanting 'build the wall' or 'lock her up' or 'send them back'.  They're the ones who thought, "Well, hell, let's just go with a complete outsider and see what happens," and most of them aren't pleased with what's happened since.  They're the ones who were just tired of having seen a Bush or a Clinton in one phase or another of seven out of the last ten Presidential races -- eight if you want to count Bill's nominating speech (disastrous though it was) at the '88 Democratic Convention.

And they're the ones who are going to compare the overcautious Federal investigator with the shrieking lunatic, and decide who's more credible.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on July 25, 2019, 03:44:20 AM
It's not the sides that matter â€" the hard-core Democratic and Republican bases are not going to move over this, no.

It's the ones in the middle that count, the swing voters that basically voted against Hillary more than they did for Himself.  The ones that are going to decide next year's election.  These aren't the people chanting 'build the wall' or 'lock her up' or 'send them back'.  They're the ones who thought, "Well, hell, let's just go with a complete outsider and see what happens," and most of them aren't pleased with what's happened since.  They're the ones who were just tired of having seen a Bush or a Clinton in one phase or another of seven out of the last ten Presidential races -- eight if you want to count Bill's nominating speech (disastrous though it was) at the '88 Democratic Convention.

And they're the ones who are going to compare the overcautious Federal investigator with the shrieking lunatic, and decide who's more credible.

As a swing voter, I hope to see both sides hang.  Compromise means the end of both major parties which are a century obsolete.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

There have been so many transgressions by this president - conspiracy, obstruction of justice, campaign financial violations, the violations of the foreign emoluments clause, notwithstanding his multiple crass attacks on individuals - that if Trump can't be impeached then what this means is that the impeachment clause is DEAD. And future presidents will do whatever without any consequences. 

Unbeliever

Trump says that Article two of the Constitution gives him the authority to do whatever he wants to do as president. Of course, it says nothing of the kind, but Trump's fan club has likely never read the Constitution, so they believe him when he says that.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 25, 2019, 09:47:20 AM
There have been so many transgressions by this president - conspiracy, obstruction of justice, campaign financial violations, the violations of the foreign emoluments clause, notwithstanding his multiple crass attacks on individuals - that if Trump can't be impeached then what this means is that the impeachment clause is DEAD. And future presidents will do whatever without any consequences.

Did you support the impeachment of Nixon or Clinton?  Just asking.  I supported both.  Given the eventual revelations of JFK satyr activity, I would have supported his impeachment too .. an older version of Clinton.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2019, 01:26:47 PM
Trump says that Article two of the Constitution gives him the authority to do whatever he wants to do as president. Of course, it says nothing of the kind, but Trump's fan club has likely never read the Constitution, so they believe him when he says that.

Dems say ... Constitution supports removal of guns, of religion, establishment of tyranny.  They are ignorant.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 25, 2019, 01:26:47 PM

"Section 3 of Article Two...requires the president to obey and enforce all laws, though the president retains some discretion in interpreting the laws and determining how to enforce them." This gives him a lot of power, but it's not unlimited as he is required to "obey... all laws."

trdsf

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 25, 2019, 09:47:20 AM
For the foreseeable future, probably â€" certainly it's moribund as long as IOKIYAR is operative.  However, if a ton of indictments come down the afternoon of January 20, 2021, that's probably as good a deterrent because all Congress can do is throw you out of office.  A Federal judge can throw you in jail.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I hear Trump's buddy Epstein got injured in jail, whether by his own hand or someone else, I don't know yet.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 25, 2019, 03:19:36 PM
"Section 3 of Article Two...requires the president to obey and enforce all laws, though the president retains some discretion in interpreting the laws and determining how to enforce them." This gives him a lot of power, but it's not unlimited as he is required to "obey... all laws."

Correct.  But executive privilege (there is competition between three branches, and between Feds and states).  All three attempting to interpret the law.  See President Jackson ...

Immediately following the landmark decision of Worcester v. Georgia, 31 U.S. (6 Pet.) 515 [1832], by the United States Supreme Court, then president Andrew Jackson reportedly said, “[Chief Justice] John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it.”

I think President Jefferson had similar views.  It is not true (relative to British Parliament) that the Executive is simply the lackey of the Legislature.  I find GB sufficiently familiar, and yet different, to be fascinating.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.