Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Coming soon:

"We lost the election because the libs bused in illegals!"
*picture of a school bus posted on FB with the mexican flag clumsily photoshopped on it*
*tidal wave of angry, gun-toting "peaceful" protestors going absolutely apeshit for 4 years*

--OR--

"Whew, that was a close election.  So close that the SCOTUS had to step in.  5-4 decision in our favor.  Your candidate lost fair and square, don't be such crybabies about it!"

Shiranu

If Beto does not win, I'm not sure I am going to bother being optimistic anymore about America. Yes, progressives are winning... in states that are already progressive. America is more than New York, California, New England...

About a third of Americans polled believe Kavanaugh is innocent. Trying my best to look at it from a neutral point of view... I just don't see how anyone can hold this position. I completely understand the position of, "I don't know.", and can accept that, but if you are sure he is innocent after those hearings then there is not a chance in hell you aren't supporting him only because of his party.

I said it in another thread that America is a conservative nation... but it seems like we are becoming something far worse than that. We have become a regressive country... we have installed politicians who fight tooth and nail to bring us back to Gilded Age economics, that institute racist policies that effects millions upon millions of minorities in an attempt to make them second-class citizens, that wants to return us to the more ugly periods of sexism against women (I mean for fucks sake, we have a sitting U.S. president who fired a crowd up to laugh at a rape victim).

I don't see America recovering in my life time, especially not without some drastic events intervening the path we have gone down. My mom has always described American politics as a swinging pendulum, but I would take it one further... American society is a swinging pendulum, but each returning swing from one side strikes harder and harder each time in retaliation against the other.

The best one can do it seems is to put your head down, be a good person and hope you can avoid the crossfire for as long as you can... eventually you will get caught up in the shit storm, so might as well enjoy the calm before as long as you can.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Looking at all the evidence to the contrary, how can people think Kavanaugh is totally innocent is beyond me. When 3 victims com fowarrd and th FBI and the Government is covering shit up it isn't really that hard to see.

pr126

Does anyone has irrefutable evidence of Kavanagh guilt?
Or it it just mass hysteria goaded by the Democrat party?

I know, it is a cover up by the FBI. The same lot who done the same for HRC.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on October 05, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
Looking at all the evidence to the contrary, how can people think Kavanaugh is totally innocent is beyond me. When 3 victims com fowarrd and th FBI and the Government is covering shit up it isn't really that hard to see.

He isn't innocent.  Any American, on any day, has committed 3 felonies.  On that basis, never confirm any appointee to any office ever again (unless Jesus).  I don't know what felonies he has committed.  I do believe, that an R has committed many of the same felonies that a D has committed.  They aren't different species.  I would be happy if we closed all our courts, and sent the judges into unemployment, along with all the police and all the lawyers.  All those folks are parasitic.  If you have a legal problem ...

Same with Trump or any other American, and their taxes.  Did Trump cheat?  Damn right.  Everyone should?  There are no valid laws in a country based on treason and genocide.  Embrace your evil side while you still can.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 05, 2018, 02:41:50 AM
Does anyone has irrefutable evidence of Kavanagh guilt?
Or it it just mass hysteria goaded by the Democrat party?

I know, it is a cover up by the FBI. The same lot who done the same for HRC.

All Republicans are shape shifting reptilians.  Alex Jones told them so.  It is only fake news if the Democrats look bad.  And clearly Soros is behind both factions, in N America and Europe.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 05, 2018, 01:23:09 AM

Coming soon:

"We lost the election because the libs bused in illegals!"

DO not count your chickens before they hatch.  With every fiber of my being, I wish a democratic sweep in the coming election.  But my reasoning tells me it just isn't going to happen.  As a country, this election will be the final nails into the coffin. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Kavanaugh is guilty of... not being a Democrat!

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on October 05, 2018, 09:50:27 AM
Kavanaugh is guilty of... not being a Democrat!

No, he's guilty of not being pro-choice. If the Democrats had nominated Kavanaugh and he was pro-choice, and Dr. Ford went to the Republicans, the Republicans would be using the same tactic to prevent him from being appointed. When it comes to the Supreme Court, abortion is the number one thing liberals and conservatives care about. Ending legal abortion, after all, is what Trump promised in 2016: that Roe would be “automatically” be overturned should he be elected.

pr126

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 05, 2018, 10:28:36 AM
No, he's guilty of not being pro-choice. If the Democrats had nominated Kavanaugh and he was pro-choice, and Dr. Ford went to the Republicans, the Republicans would be using the same tactic to prevent him from being appointed. When it comes to the Supreme Court, abortion is the number one thing liberals and conservatives care about. Ending legal abortion, after all, is what Trump promised in 2016: that Roe would be “automatically” be overturned should he be elected.
So accusing him of being a serial rapist, an alcoholic and a child molester was just a deception?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on October 05, 2018, 10:45:04 AM
So accusing him of being a serial rapist, an alcoholic and a child molester was just a deception?

It is a tactic to prevent him from being appointed to the Supreme Court. Do I think Dr. Ford is lying? No. The Democrats were looking for anything to block Kavanaugh's appointment and they are using Dr. Ford as a means to an end. The Republicans would have done the exact same thing. Trump is countering by reframing Kavanaugh as the victim. Both sides know how important this appointment and the midterm elections are and both sides are taking off the gloves.

trdsf

Based on his performance in his second round of testimony, he's mostly guilty of lacking a judicial temperament and of bringing an entirely unnecessary cloud over the Supreme Court.  I am realist enough to know that despite appearances, certainly the justices are partisan.  But they do generally make the effort of at least trying to appear non-partisan, and Kavanaugh couldn't be bothered to do that.  The politic thing to do was leave attacking the Democrats to the Republicans.

Now, I question not just his fitness to serve, but also his intelligence and his emotional maturity.

This would have all been over with by now if they'd pulled Kavanaugh and nominated Amy Coney Barrett (an ideological match of Gorsuch) and they'd've had their right-wing court in place in time for the opening of the term this week.

But of course, the general intelligence and emotional maturity of the Republican Party is in question, too.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

pr126

The law "innocent until proven guilty" is not for everyone.  There are exceptions.

All it needs is to burn a cross on his front lawn before lynching him.
Just like in the good old days.

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on October 05, 2018, 11:06:17 AMNow, I question not just his fitness to serve, but also his intelligence and his emotional maturity.
Nah.  It's all because he's a Republican.  PR said so, and he's never said anything here that has ever turned out to be wrong.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on October 05, 2018, 11:09:28 AM
The law "innocent until proven guilty" is not for everyone.  There are exceptions.

Yeah--the question is asked--how much money do you have?  That decides it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?