Main Menu

Post your awesome pictures here!!!

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, March 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 05, 2022, 07:58:26 PM
Most efficient hypothetical US/Canada rail network linking all important cities

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Full resolution:  https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2021/04/05/proposed_amtrak_routes_april_2_2021_v4_custom-720fe00d7655d42e2a1aa70542d832af3aaade68.jpg

Q: My city isn't on the list.
A:  Then it's not really important, now is it?

Q:  What about the Canadian cities of Calgary, Ottawa, and Edmonton?
A:  Those are fictional.

Q: FFS, man. Ottawa isn't even very far from Montreal and it's much more populated than Vancouver, eh?
A:  Ottawa is not a real city, but a pit straight to the depths of hell where all Canada geese spawn from like LOTR orcs.

Q: Why do you hate South Dakota?
A:  They know what they did.
One of the things I will never forgive John Kasich for is killing the 3C high speed rail project connecting Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati.  I mean, there are many things I won't forgive him for, but that's one of the big ones.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on January 10, 2022, 02:48:39 AM
One of the things I will never forgive John Kasich for is killing the 3C high speed rail project connecting Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati.  I mean, there are many things I won't forgive him for, but that's one of the big ones.
C = 186000miles/second.  3C =558000miles/sec. Or does that mean C^3? 10,378,800,000/sec.

Either way, way to fast for most Ohioans. Rob Dyrdek, maybe.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 10, 2022, 08:35:49 AM
C = 186000miles/second.  3C =558000miles/sec. Or does that mean C^3? 10,378,800,000/sec.

Either way, way to fast for most Ohioans. Rob Dyrdek, maybe.
I see you've never been on an interstate in Ohio.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on January 10, 2022, 06:46:15 PM
I see you've never been on an interstate in Ohio.  :D
A few years back, and the back up for a construction site was several miles long in either direction. Slo and NoGo all the way.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 11, 2022, 08:43:55 AM
A few years back, and the back up for a construction site was several miles long in either direction. Slo and NoGo all the way.
Well, yeah, there's a lot of that, too... the unofficial state tree is the Orange Traffic Barrel.

Hydra009

Not a dragon, but the next best thing:

Great-eared nightjar (not to be confused with the satanic nightjar, E. diabolicus, which I assume is the same thing but with devil horns)

Hydra009

Facts:
* The outerbanks have murlocs/nagas as well as timid surf crawlers and non-mountable horses.  Frequently raided by the Salt Life clan.
* Further inland, there is swampland filled with spiders, snakes, and carnivorous plants (rare spawn).
* The center-east farmlands have plenty of boars and stags.  Boarmeat is a popular crafting ingredient.
* Charlotte has the zone's only AH/bank.
* Be careful in the mountainous west, it has owlbears and direwolves and worse...Tennessee natives.

Shiranu

That map makes me concerningly happy. 
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

https://v.redd.it/1i6y9l2j3eb91

Chirodectes maculatus, an incredibly rare genus of box jellyfish which had only been sighted once before.

Source

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

I can see Constable's "The Hay Wain" with ceratopsians pulling the wagon.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009