Trump to Widow of Soldier: "He Knew What He Signed Up For"

Started by Shiranu, October 18, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on October 18, 2017, 03:23:49 AM
I agree it shouldn't be news, but the problem is that there are still huge hold outs of people who don't think he is an absolutely horrible human being.
Agreed. Even GWB has been taking shots at Trump, which is saying something.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2017, 06:44:46 PMThis whole thread is based on a claim about what he said that has not been - and will not be - substantiated.
Did you expect the family to tape the phone call that they didn't know they'd receive?   :eh:

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 07:28:17 PM
That makes sense, then. No wonder it fell flat

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Preparation H, I hear it helps.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2017, 08:35:54 PM
Did you expect the family to tape the phone call that they didn't know they'd receive?   :eh:

The post you are quoting has nothing to do with my expectations. It remains a truism regardless of my expectations.

Hydra009

Just once, I'd like to see a straightforward, honest answer to a serious question.

PickelledEggs

QuoteI am not disagreeing with you because you are the other, I'm disagreeing with you because you are presented with evidence and just keep on saying, "Nah, you just disagree with me because you are a liberal!".
Except, I'm not saying this. I'm saying that it's because liberal media loves to push this sort of stuff and you guys gobble it up like it's candy.

If you remember correctly, I stated many times that I am liberal. So, no. It's not that you're liberal. You, like many people on all sides of the political spectrum, are falling for the media's trap and getting distracted by stuff like this.

I am in the same boat of what aitm mentioned. This could have easily been an attempt at a compliment, or seen as one, at least.

Trump has many things against him, he basically "ok"ed a platform for hatespeech, and through his opportunistic personality, said that there are good people in nazi groups... which is clearly not the case. It's bizzare that he even suggested that... that anyone could suggest that, but he's the most watched person in the world right now, and I am betting that the pressure is getting to him. And because he isn't a genuine person, he is slipping up hardcore with his words. He just simply doesn't know what to do because he, out of attempts to not anger any side, he says shit like "there are fine people on both sides" I don't think he has malicious intent, like hydra is suggesting. He's incompetent at best. His incompetence is causing some horrible backlash, but it's not his intent. He's just dumb. He's definitely not a politician.

I haven't tried to sway you in a looooong time. TBH, I just don't care anymore about the extreme sjw culture. It's dying anyway. I've lost interest and I have more important things to do. I'm not really sure how these people that obsess about things like SJWs do get anything done, in all honesty. Unless they're making money off of perpetuating regurgitated empty rhetoric.

Back to the main topic, though. I think the issue of if he is being an asshole or not, is subjective, just like how you and I might not ever agree that he is being malicious or just plain dumb and incompetent. I would argue the latter. I don't think he's even capable of being malicious. The way this article is worded is clearly spun to make him look like an ass. I guess what he said could have been worded a bit better, but is everyone ignoring the second part of that sentence? "But when it happens it hurts anyway" So cleverly added at the end of that paragraph, like it was an afterthought, when it might not have been.

Idk. “He knew what he signed up for, but when it happens it hurts anyway"... I don't see how that is so insensitive like the media is spinning it. It just seems like a failed attempt at comforting them... A good try, I'd say too... and I hate Trump

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2017, 09:19:18 PM
The post you are quoting has nothing to do with my expectations. It remains a truism regardless of my expectations.
No one knows what your expectations are because all you do is talk trash to people in threads. It's a wonder how anyone gives you the time of day in this site.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2017, 09:23:06 PM
Just once, I'd like to see a straightforward, honest answer to a serious question.

My answer is, 'No.'

Where do we go from there?

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2017, 09:36:13 PM
My answer is, 'No.'

Where do we go from there?
Finally.  And the more reasonable of the two options.  Honest and reasonable.  Very good.

Well, now you know why it's a firsthand account rather than a claim backed up by evidence - because it wasn't recorded.  So, do you understand now why calling it unsubstantiated doesn't cast doubt on the claim?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2017, 09:50:49 PM
Finally.  And the more reasonable of the two options.  Honest and reasonable.  Very good.

Well, now you know why it's a firsthand account rather than a claim backed up by evidence - because it wasn't recorded.  So, do you understand now why calling it unsubstantiated doesn't cast doubt on the claim?

I have an unrecorded phone call tonight from Elvis ... so has to be true, because I didn't vote for Trump.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 19, 2017, 08:28:17 PM
Agreed. Even GWB has been taking shots at Trump, which is saying something.

So what.  He can choke on another pretzel.  Shrub's family are old traitors.  If Trump is  a horrible human being, that makes Hillary and the Hillary bots innocent?  That Obama didn't commit treason with Comey and Bill Clinton over the uranium deal?  Can't set up the concentration camps fast enough.  You will all be made to play Concentration (old TV show) until you D-Nazis are blue in the face.  The R-Nazis are already red in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGsbEQHH0ak
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 19, 2017, 06:44:46 PM
Well, no; no, he hasn't. But you already lost this debate in another thread. Yet, here you are, still pushing a position that you lost on. See, that, to me, screams, "shitty person."
Are you fucking daft? This whole thread is based on a claim about what he said that has not been - and will not be - substantiated.
As I've pointed out before--you are suffering from brain rot (if you really have any left).  You are a perfect Trump supporter.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 19, 2017, 11:09:08 PM
As I've pointed out before--you are suffering from brain rot (if you really have any left).  You are a perfect Trump supporter.
I've gotten brain rot a few times while playing Skyrim. A potion of cure disease will clear that right up (although Gilgamesh should consider praying to Stendarr as well).

Sent while riding my mighty steed: Godzilla
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Trump's response around 3:00... yeah, tell me more about how it was just an innocent remark.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur