News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NRA's enemies list.

Started by Brian37, February 14, 2013, 10:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

I would have supported the old NRA, the one that started out as a non profit educational gun safety organization. But it is nothing more than a corporate lobbyist for gun makers and uses fear and bigotry to gin up fear to keep gun sales up.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/opinion/a ... enemy-list

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/11/nra-scru ... ll-exists/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/1 ... 63766.html

Seems however now that the fucking cowards have been called out they have removed it.

Oh and Ben and Jerry's ice cream was on the list. This commie is going to go out and buy some Ben and Jerry's and support A PRIVATE BUSINESS, what the fuck am I thinking?

Other groups on the list, just about every Hollywood star. But the AMA, NURSES organizations, black organizations,  just about every Jewish group, and the YWCA. And several private sector businesses.

WHY DID YOU TAKE YOUR LIST DOWN NRA? FUCKING COWARDS!
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

I think there are many reasonable members of the NRA, but the organization itself is rigid and becoming more out of touch.

Brian37

Which is why I said, I would have supported the original entity when it first started, but it does NOT represent it's members. The average member who is not involved with running the organization, most members SUPPORT gun safety. What it has become is nothing short of a mafia racketeering organization to make gun makers rich.

The irony is I hate guns, I don't mean the fact that others own them, just that for ME I am afraid of them. But that does not mean I want to take all guns from sane responsible people.

It is also a myth that liberals don't own guns or don't hunt. Gabbi Giffords still owns a gun.

The NRA leadership is not about gun safety, it is about gun sales and it uses fear and scare tactics to expand the sales of it's corporate overlords.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SvZurich

I signed a petition asking to be on the list.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

stromboli

Quote from: "SvZurich"I signed a petition asking to be on the list.

Link?

Brian37

Quote from: "SvZurich"I signed a petition asking to be on the list.

They can put me on that list too.

SvZurich

I don't know the link anymore.  Try Google.  I deleted the emails after signing.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Mathias

I think there's nothing more banal and involuted that shoot a living creature for fun, except aliens, zombies and matchbox. I Would be proud to be on this list
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Brian37

Quote from: "Mathias"I think there's nothing more banal and involuted that shoot a living creature for fun, except aliens, zombies and matchbox. I Would be proud to be on this list

I think hunting is a part of our evolutionary experience in finding resources. It makes less sense now that technology and farming allow us to raise animals without hunting them. But if these hunters insist on it, just don't call it a sport, sports have level neutral rules and fields of play both sides have the opportunity to use. Hunting is not a sport, it is a trap, it is a trick. So if people  hunt, eat it, kill it quickly and as painlessly as possible and don't call it a sport.

But yea I agree, a grown man or women who thinks they are cleaver tricking an unarmed animal knowing the animal doesn't have the same ability, why would you get joy out of that? That would be like  a jock bully beating up a nerd to show off to the other jocks. It is just a childish form of narcissism.

SvZurich

Plu

Sport would be a man with a spear taking on a bear or a tiger. I'd pay to watch that game.

Sounds like the NRA is acting par for the course. Lets hope it opens some eyes.

Brian37

Quote from: "Plu"Sport would be a man with a spear taking on a bear or a tiger. I'd pay to watch that game.

Sounds like the NRA is acting par for the course. Lets hope it opens some eyes.

No not even then. Animals do not have the same level of thought. A spear is long and still with a blade on it still would give the man an advantage. And with the right training a man can do what bullfighters do(another barbaric event, I refuse to call it a sport).

A man could not win a fight with no weapons against those predators and a spear would give the man an advantage. A simple bowie knife would be an advantage although it would allow for close contact, that would be about as close to fair as I could come, but even with just a knife a deep stab or several deep stabs on the body will kill the animal if left untreated.

stromboli

Quote from: "SvZurich"RSN included the link on its most recent email.

http://readersupportednews.org/dear-nra ... emies-list

Thanks Kimmie.

SvZurich

You're welcome Stromboli.  :)

The Skeletal Atheist

Ugh....I think it's time for a new gun lobby organization to take hold. The NRA has just been making gun owners look like morons who don't care a bit about safety.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!