News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

venio, video, vinco. (I come, I see, I conquer)

Started by Ecbarrowes, April 20, 2024, 03:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecbarrowes

I welcome all challenges to God's existence, benevolence.

Mr.Obvious

The misquote is a joke?
Just to get a feel, i ask.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Religious, they can't spell English, leave alone Latin.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 20, 2024, 03:53:16 PMReligious, they can't spell English, leave alone Latin.
Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 20, 2024, 03:53:16 PMReligious, they can't spell English, leave alone Latin.

Ah, i see.

To OP. I don't necessarily oppose your god claim. But you should make it before i could 'challenge' it.

Define what your god is, before expecting a challenge to your claim.

the_antithesis

Blackleaf

Quote from: Ecbarrowes on April 20, 2024, 03:14:51 PMI welcome all challenges to God's existence, benevolence.

Welcome to the server.

I'll challenge your god's existence once you're done disproving the existence of space aliens.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Ecbarrowes

The famous Latin quote is past tense. I altered it to the present tense,  meaning I conquer all challenges.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Ecbarrowes

"Knowledge" can have such potent force that in all self-honesty, you cannot deny it. Absolute certainty of a thing can be delivered to the soul by God. In order to distinguish such from other ideas which are not truly "known" requires a calm, clear mind, introspection, self-honesty.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Ecbarrowes on April 20, 2024, 05:09:33 PM"Knowledge" can have such potent force that in all self-honesty, you cannot deny it. Absolute certainty of a thing can be delivered to the soul by God. In order to distinguish such from other ideas which are not truly "known" requires a calm, clear mind, introspection, self-honesty.

So, basically, you are the sole decider of the divine truth? And anyone in disagreeance with you is wrong "because" you are the sole arbiter of divine truth?

Edit:
Thank god we have someone here whom we know to be right because they thought about it long and hard enough without changing their mind, so much so that they MUST absolutely, and without a doubt, be completely right about it.

Gawdzilla Sama

Ah, the because I said so argument. KMA
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Ecbarrowes

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 20, 2024, 05:13:25 PMSo, basically, you are the sole decider of the divine truth? And anyone in disagreeance with you is wrong "because" you are the sole arbiter of divine truth?

Edit:
Thank god we have someone here whom we know to be right because they thought about it long and hard enough without changing their mind, so much so that they MUST absolutely, and without a doubt, be completely right about it.

Every individual has the ability to communicate with God. That eliminates the need for one person to trust another (an ugly fallacy, I agree).

Unbeliever

Ecbarrowes, If you want to believe that a God exists and is benevolent, why should that concern any of us?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Ecbarrowes on April 20, 2024, 05:47:32 PMEvery individual has the ability to communicate with God. That eliminates the need for one person to trust another (an ugly fallacy, I agree).
Every individual has the equal ability to communicate with God. I.e., none.
PZ Myers