News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi

Started by Arik, December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Arik's "facts" are based on nothing except his total conviction that they're true.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 04, 2019, 04:43:12 PM
Arik's "facts" are based on nothing except his total conviction that they're true.

Same as yours or mine.  Ego maniacs are like that.  Arik isn't egoless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 04, 2019, 01:17:27 PM
Well, as Lo Pan said, we are not brought upon this world to get it.

Then why listen to false claims of those who tell you what you want to hear?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

Quote from: Baruch on March 04, 2019, 07:03:31 PM
Same as yours or mine.  Ego maniacs are like that.  Arik isn't egoless.

That is true.

I still got a bit of ego but again that is one of the reason why I do practice yoga so one day I may be 100% free of ego.

On the other hand most people do absolutely nothing so their ego instead of going down goes up.
When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Arik

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 04, 2019, 04:43:12 PM

Let us see if you are fair and impartial by criticize also your little mates when they say something that is not backed by evidence.

Let us see Mike's statement when he says that........... ideas come from our material brains.......

Have you ever criticize Mike for coming up with this statement that is 100% void of evidence?

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying. Tulsi Das

Unbeliever

The evidence is in your own head, all you have to do is think a bit and you'll know it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 06, 2019, 01:19:46 PM
The evidence is in your own head, all you have to do is think a bit and you'll know it.

If it wasn't in your head, to begin with, how did it get written down?  Oija spirit perhaps?  If the head is inherently corrupt, what will you do?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Materialism is necessary, but a distraction from what is more real ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ205esn7qE

Agon - ancient Greek for contest ... and where "agony" comes from.  Such is life.  It is a contest, which you detest, which you cannot avoid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on March 05, 2019, 05:36:00 AM

That is true.

I still got a bit of ego but again that is one of the reason why I do practice yoga so one day I may be 100% free of ego.

Then you need to do more yoga...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

The problem is that faith-based thinkers never gain anything by factual learning and stay in their original spots.  If faith-based thinking still ruled, we would be in septic-filled cities, burning innocent people as witches, and thinking the universe revolved around us.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 01:37:39 AM
Then you need to do more yoga...

Actually correct.  But don't get yourself tied in knots over it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 01:42:19 AM
The problem is that faith-based thinkers never gain anything by factual learning and stay in their original spots.  If faith-based thinking still ruled, we would be in septic-filled cities, burning innocent people as witches, and thinking the universe revolved around us.
[/quote

The facts are irrelevant, unless you are the sanitary engineer taking care of all the free crap the public flushes.

We are in primitive cities, in most places.  You may not be privileged to live in one however, check your White privilege.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Arik

That is correct mate.

Consciousness is in my head that is why I know that ideas do not come from the material brain.

Arik

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 01:42:19 AM

Gee, I really like your comment CB.

Fortunately I have nothing to do with them.
I always said that the best knowledge come from within and that is the knowledge that I tap into from my consciousness through yoga practices.

Faith believers usually are religious people that believe in a paradise for them or materialists that think that the universe pop up as per magic and need no one to run it which in this case is also faith in magic.

Cavebear

Quote from: Arik on March 07, 2019, 04:38:55 AM

Gee, I really like your comment CB.

Fortunately I have nothing to do with them.
I always said that the best knowledge come from within and that is the knowledge that I tap into from my consciousness through yoga practices.

Faith believers usually are religious people that believe in a paradise for them or materialists that think that the universe pop up as per magic and need no one to run it which in this case is also faith in magic.

Well, now that IS interesting.  Faith believers tend to think that their beliefs come to them from within (as faith rather than fact), though I will say they consider the SOURCE of their beliefs are certainly some sort of outside deity.  And YOU are saying that your source of belief comes from within you via your consciousness and no where else.

So you are claiming to be an atheist?  Which would be all fine and good, but I can't help thinking that you are ALSO claiming some sort of higher consciousness through the power of your own mind beyond that of ordinary mortals.  Do I have that right?

You are an atheist denying all outside powers?  Yet you also suggest that atheists are "materialists that think that the universe pop up as per magic and need no one to run it which in this case is also faith in magic" which certainly suggests you think there is a POWER of SOME sort that created the universe, and atheists don't think THAT.

Sounds like trying to have your deity cake and eat it too, betwixt and between...  And I suspect you don't exactly think THAT either (consciously), though it seems apparent in your post.

So which is it?  Was the universe created by "any sort of intelligence" or not.  Can't really have it both ways.