News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Boom! Atheism rules.

Started by Off With Religion Threads, April 13, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off With Religion Threads

This is my first post ever on an Atheist forum.. and I literally googled Atheist Forums, clicked, signed up and boom. I'm here.
As the subject implies, Atheism is awesome. So is Agnosticism. I mean.. the world is simply too gorgeous/complex to chalk it up to a caucasian male creating it all in 7 days.

I used to play this game called Runescape growing up (mmorpg, free/graphically crappy version of WoW), and every time I ventured into a new city I felt excited because of all the things I would get to do in this place that i'd never been. This same feeling of excitement into the unknown is what I feel when I think about being an Atheist. It's freedom from the shackles of religious dogma, not in a condescending way. It's a great feeling to know that there's a vast amount of knowledge and unknown that is left for us to discover. Man, this sounds cheesy.
If you walk in front of me, I may not follow.
If you walk behind of me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

-Albert Camus (supposedly)

AllPurposeAtheist

Welcome, but about the only real common thread among atheists is lack of belief in god($). Don't get to excited. You haven't joined an elite club or anything.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

renasimplified

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 13, 2014, 09:00:16 PM
Welcome, but about the only real common thread among atheists is lack of belief in god($). Don't get to excited. You haven't joined an elite club or anything.

Lol

But seriously welcome!

AllPurposeAtheist

Ok, I give... Send me $100US and you can be in the club.

aitm

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 13, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

Excuse me but I have the official hat of the grand poobah of the forum...send ME the 100US and you can join our forum......unless you have some pictures......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Welcome. And yes, atheism rules.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 13, 2014, 09:27:26 PM
He lies and he's a swindler! Only I am authorized to induct people into the elite atheist club. Give me £99 UK and you're in. 99, as you know, is less than 100, so you save.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

aitm

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 13, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
He lies and he's a swindler! Only I am authorized to induct people into the elite atheist club. Give me £99 UK and you're in. 99, as you know, is less than 100, so you save.
Don't be stupid, nobody is sending money to a goddamn skeleton boy.......while everybody loves a puppy dog...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

And nobody has mentioned the obligatory beer offering. Honestly.  :naughty:

Berati

Years ago, when I first joined an atheist forum I felt kinda like you. But I learned that, as some have already suggested, there is no common ground among atheists other than not believing in god(s). Atheism is not a philosophy or an ideology. Seriously, if you think to find some sort of sense of camaraderie, it won't happen. I would suggest Humanism if that's what you're looking for.

Sorry to sound so negative but I think it's important to know what you're getting into. The good news is that I have learned quite a lot from these kinds of forums as I'm sure you will if you stick with it.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

AllPurposeAtheist

I'll send you a gallon of all purpose atheist orange juice and the secret atheist decoder ring.

Hydra009

Quote from: Off With Religion Threads on April 13, 2014, 08:50:55 PMI used to play this game called Runescape growing up (mmorpg, free/graphically crappy version of WoW), and every time I ventured into a new city I felt excited because of all the things I would get to do in this place that i'd never been. This same feeling of excitement into the unknown is what I feel when I think about being an Atheist. It's freedom from the shackles of religious dogma, not in a condescending way. It's a great feeling to know that there's a vast amount of knowledge and unknown that is left for us to discover. Man, this sounds cheesy.
A fellow Explorer-type gamer (and likely irl disposition).  You are very welcome here.

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait, this is the atheist forum, not the explorer-type game forum. No, it's $100 and you get some orange shit and a cheap plastic ring.

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to the madhouse.
We may all try to be rational, but as you must have noticed, we're still a bit loose-screwed.
... Now, about that hundred bucks...
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato