News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Reuters/Ipsos Poll on Religions

Started by GSOgymrat, July 15, 2016, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

So the consensus is Islam promotes violence towards women, homosexuals and also acts of terror... and atheism is just as bad as Islam.

Wow.

Hydra009

Considering that the worst stuff that "militant" atheists typically do is say bad things about religion, the antipathy seems disproportionate.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2016, 10:38:47 PM
Considering that the worst stuff that "militant" atheists typically do is say bad things about religion, the antipathy seems disproportionate.
There you go, trying to ascribe reasoning to theists.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Nonsensei

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2016, 10:38:47 PM

WHAT ABOUT STALIN?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

baronvonrort

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2016, 04:18:50 PM
So the consensus is Islam promotes violence towards women, homosexuals and also acts of terror... and atheism is just as bad as Islam.

The Saudis did declare all atheists are terrorists fairly recently.

13 countries with Islam as the state religion have the death penalty for atheists, got me stuffed why so called atheists defend this idiotic belief called Islam.

Hakurei Reimu

^ I don't think even Shinaru "defends" Islam. As such, I would dismiss atheists who defend Islam as simple idiots.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 16, 2016, 11:21:26 PM^ I don't think even Shinaru "defends" Islam.
He doesn't.  To my knowledge, no one here does.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 17, 2016, 01:47:49 AM
He doesn't.  To my knowledge, no one here does.
Ah, good! Then memory actually served me well this time! :D
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

aitm

The number one reason NOT to identify yourself as an atheist is that "they" have modified the definition to what they want it to be. You cannot simply show the definition to someone and expect them to say, "ohhh". The definition has been stolen and now we are what they say we "are". You can continue to stand in defiance of what the new definition is, a frontal attack is suicide…you must step outside and attack it from the flank where it is far easier. You fight it with your behavior, and words of reason.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GSOgymrat

It's a strange realization that as a homosexual atheist I'm perceived by a lot of people as the bad guy, that I'm detrimental to America. I remember seeing a bumper sticker, "I'm the secular humanist your mother warned you about" which is kind of funny but also true, my values and beliefs don't match those of many of my neighbors. Of course no one thinks they're the villain of the story, including people who engage in violence and terrorism.

https://youtu.be/TnEKEfkdrOU

widdershins

Quote from: aitm on July 17, 2016, 09:40:44 PM
The number one reason NOT to identify yourself as an atheist is that "they" have modified the definition to what they want it to be. You cannot simply show the definition to someone and expect them to say, "ohhh". The definition has been stolen and now we are what they say we "are". You can continue to stand in defiance of what the new definition is, a frontal attack is suicide…you must step outside and attack it from the flank where it is far easier. You fight it with your behavior, and words of reason.
I once told a Jehovah's Witness that I was an atheist (he asked) and his response was one of shock.  "No, you're not an atheist..."  It took me a moment to realize that he didn't know what the word meant.  He thought I was a decent, likeable person, something no atheist could be, so he tried to redefine me.  I was a little insulted, so I didn't let him and explained what the word meant.  You probably all know the "look" on a religious person's face when you're talking about something they know nothing about, but they know that a) you know something about it and b) you are wrong.  It's about one step short of the fingers in the ears and screaming, "I'm not listening!".  I get that look a lot from him.
This sentence is a lie...