News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

how loving christians are!

Started by doorknob, October 06, 2016, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Cavebear on October 15, 2016, 07:47:37 AM
OK, demonstrate the existence of any deity.  One would be sufficient.
Good thing.

The conscience

All observable existence is perfectly defined mathematically

Life in an otherwise seemingly lifeless observable Universe.

Sheer power nearly beyond comprehension in the form of potential (stars, black holes)

The observation of the laws that bind existence, yet the inability to establish the start or cause of these laws.

Quantum mechanics attests that all is literally the same substance but ever varying wavelengths or vibrations, meaning, very basically, that anything is possible(miracles)

The very will of life as a whole, to live.

As they say; there are signs everywhere if they could but see.

Not proof though.... Not by any materialistic standard.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Baruch

Quantum mechanics allows impossibilities ... but does limit them to improbability.  This is why QM remains controversial, unless you are measuring hydrogen spectra etc.  People have a tendency, even in physics, to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Miracles aren't improbabilities, they are certainties ... but people refuse to realize they have been taken for a semantic ride for millennia.  This definition of miracle, was invented by atheists, to fight theists.  I don't have to accept their word definitions, their New Speak.  Like in Alice In Wonderland, words I use mean exactly what I want them to mean ... though that might not be your usage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 15, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
Good thing.

The conscience

Sheer power nearly beyond comprehension in the form of potential (stars, black holes)

The observation of the laws that bind existence, yet the inability to establish the start or cause of these laws.

Quantum mechanics attests that all is literally the same substance but ever varying wavelengths or vibrations, meaning, very basically, that anything is possible(miracles)

Peace

I see that.  And I wonder about all of that.  The sheer awesomeness of it!  That leads to a deep appreciation of the life I had/have.  I am grateful.
But, unlike you, Pops, this all leads me to KNOW there is not a god--not ever, not possible.  If you had eyes that could see, and a brain that could think, you would realize all that awesomeness proves god is only a fiction of us humans.  You so desperately want to 'know' about all of this awesomeness that you invent god to fill in the gaps of your knowledge.  That's okay, for on a personal basis it leads to humility usually. But when you and your type organize, then you become dangerous and destructive.  I hope that one day, as a species we will grow up enough to root out and discard that type of destruction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 04:09:01 PM
I see that.  And I wonder about all of that.  The sheer awesomeness of it!  That leads to a deep appreciation of the life I had/have.  I am grateful.
But, unlike you, Pops, this all leads me to KNOW there is not a god--not ever, not possible.  If you had eyes that could see, and a brain that could think, you would realize all that awesomeness proves god is only a fiction of us humans.  You so desperately want to 'know' about all of this awesomeness that you invent god to fill in the gaps of your knowledge.  That's okay, for on a personal basis it leads to humility usually. But when you and your type organize, then you become dangerous and destructive.  I hope that one day, as a species we will grow up enough to root out and discard that type of destruction.
Please don't conflate faith in a higher power and creative force with danger.

One is powerful and benevolent, and long suffering, the other is,  well not a product of the first as much as they think they are in their vanity.

Might all the world come together peaceably for the advancement and profitable existence for all,  without bias, preconception or false sense of pride.

I know what you mean sir,  but please understand that that isn't what I'm about. Even if I was to organize with like minded individuals.

Anyway

Peace

Still can't thumbs up but I can try.

ðŸ'

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 15, 2016, 05:12:46 PM
Pops--Please don't conflate faith in a higher power and creative force with danger.
Me--I don't know what you mean.

Pops--One is powerful and benevolent, and long suffering, the other is,  well not a product of the first as much as they think they are in their vanity.
Me--still don't get you.

Pops--Might all the world come together peaceably for the advancement and profitable existence for all,  without bias, preconception or false sense of pride.
Me--Of course.  What sane person doesn't want this???? A perfect world would be great.  But organized religion keeps that from happening.

Pops--I know what you mean sir,  but please understand that that isn't what I'm about.
Me--What are you about--still have a hard time figuring it out.  Your thoughts seem to mostly vapor in that they just seem to be so very vague.

ðŸ'
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 07:05:44 PM

I was trying to say that the misdirection of much of organized religion has been wrong and against those things that you and I say we agree on in the past, and to some level still is. But that isn't to say that this isn't slowly changing,  or that the way to change it is to nullify organized religion.

That thing; peaceable advancement relative to our potential and unity as a whole will never be achieved by attempting to stay divided, or by trying to dismantle the organization of the faithful.

I don't mean to be so vague.

If you want specifics then please ask.

Peace

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 15, 2016, 07:22:30 PM

That thing; peaceable advancement relative to our potential and unity as a whole will never be achieved by attempting to stay divided, or by trying to dismantle the organization of the faithful.

I see you point.  But I suggest that with organized religion true peace cannot be achieved.  A united and peaceful world will have to be after organized religion is a thing of the past.  So, I will not live to see anything close to that.

Baruch

A supernova is awesome, but nothing compared to a human child.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 15, 2016, 09:39:03 AM
Ha!  Gotya there!  The Tooth Fairy.  She leaves money for a tooth.  (Well, used to anyway)  There you go--total proof!

Big Smile!  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

doorknob

He never addressed the loving Christians.

Cavebear

As I recall, The Tooth Fairy gave coins to theists and atheists alike.  One true neutral fairy...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 26, 2016, 10:07:07 AM
As I recall, The Tooth Fairy gave coins to theists and atheists alike.  One true neutral fairy...

See!  The gays are undermining our vital juices ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 15, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
Good thing.

The conscience

Peace

Good thing you said "Not proof..." I was going to congratulate you on proving bonobos have their own god(s).

Seriously, nothing you said requires a god.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 27, 2016, 07:48:36 AM
Good thing you said "Not proof..." I was going to congratulate you on proving bonobos have their own god(s).

Didn't say it required GOD.

Perhaps you could attempt to explain my examples naturally...which too, by the way is of GOD, but still....what does each require and how do you explain them away?

Peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 27, 2016, 07:48:36 AM

I don't know what bonobos are, or is...whichever.

Peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk