News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bar codes = the Devil

Started by ApostateLois, June 01, 2014, 01:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApostateLois

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/russian-milk-company-crossing-out-bar-codes-because-of-1584220353/+ishaaran?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

QuoteA Russian dairy company that has been inexplicably crossing out its barcodes for five years has finally revealed why: to ward off the Antichrist. Seriously.

Russkoe Moloko, the merry band of complete fucking lunatics company in question, had the following to say in a press release:

"It is well-known that the bar code on products is a mark of the Beast. It contains three invisible sixes (666), the name of the Antichrist which is hidden in the Scriptures...By crossing our barcode we want to show our position â€" we are with our Lord Jesus Christ, not the Antichrist and his servants. It's not superstition."

"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Hydra009

ZOMG!  It's Satan!  Down with computers!

*looks at ruler*

YOU TOO?!

SGOS

Finally!  Someone has explained the mystery of bar codes.

Gawdzilla Sama

Bar codes are easy to read. If it's "The Pink Flamingo", it's a gay bar. If it's "Just Shot Me a Bear!", it's for repressed gays. "Harley Heaven", for leather gays. "Foxhole", only atheist gays.

You just have to know the codes.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

wolf39us

stromboli

I've known this since the 70's.

ApostateLois

:lol: Christians were complaining from the moment they first appeared on groceries. Since no "antichrist" figure has showed up and we are still not required to have barcodes on our foreheads, we can safely assume that this is just another wild Christian fantasy as well as another thing for them to complain about.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, but a Cadbury Egg WITH a bar code!  :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh hell no.. It's a global nuclear meltdown!  Ok, chocolate in slightly warm weather, BUT CLOSE ENOUGH!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

No not mutual peace. The xtians will think the Muslims are sending the mark of Satan via foil wrapped chocolate. And the Muslims will think that the xtians sent the jihad eggs.

Sent via your mom.

Jason78

It's not superstition.

Ok!  Then this is not a forum post!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Drummer Guy

I know someone who had a hard time using a bank card, because they thought it was the mark of the beast to use it.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drummer Guy on June 09, 2014, 07:23:15 PM
I know someone who had a hard time using a bank card, because they thought it was the mark of the beast to use it.
I temporarily worked with a woman who had to take a prayer break every time "666" came up in her numbers. (This was a newspaper accounting office.) I gradually came to realize it was a con for her to take extra breaks.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 09, 2014, 08:31:03 PM
I temporarily worked with a woman who had to take a prayer break every time "666" came up in her numbers. (This was a newspaper accounting office.) I gradually came to realize it was a con for her to take extra breaks.
Ok, stealing that should I ever get an accounting job.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on June 10, 2014, 03:37:56 AM
Ok, stealing that should I ever get an accounting job.
You also have to have big hair, dress like trailer trash and swallow a basketball.
PZ Myers