News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pro-Gay Christians

Started by atheist_in_a_foxhole, March 20, 2014, 10:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

I studied a lot about the history of Mormonism and then Christianity. It has definitely gone through phases, from the punitive genocidal times to the loving "Father Darien" times to the philosophical (Desiderata, one of my favorite prose poems, was first printed as a devotional by a Catholic Reverend.) From benign and accepting to let's kill the gays. It morphs, it changes. Wouldn't surprise me to see more acceptance of gays, and I don't think it is a bad thing.

pioteir

Quote from: stromboli on April 09, 2014, 02:05:04 AM
I studied a lot about the history of Mormonism and then Christianity. It has definitely gone through phases, from the punitive genocidal times to the loving "Father Darien" times to the philosophical (Desiderata, one of my favorite prose poems, was first printed as a devotional by a Catholic Reverend.) From benign and accepting to let's kill the gays. It morphs, it changes. Wouldn't surprise me to see more acceptance of gays, and I don't think it is a bad thing.

I agree with You and I think it's natural the millennia old doctrines are changed according to social development of humans. Afterall they're man-made.

The thing that irritates me is christians claiming that being considerate and accepting of another human is THEIR characteristic virtue. First when they're xenophobic, violent, racist and cruel to "non-christians" it's being a good christian. In time alot changed and now they discard the crazy horrid stuff and say gay people aren't so bad afterall AND that is THEIR virtue, that's being a good christian (just like apologetics say it was soooo christian for... well.. christians to act against slavery).

So I'm glad they're discarding the crazy nonsense and starting being civil but I hate it when they make it an exclusive christian virtue and try to wiggle their way out of what their scripture says on the matter (like OT was just old laws, and jesus came and renewed things, he actually never said anything against gays, hell jesus was gay etc).
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking