News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

My challenge

Started by Logical One, March 30, 2015, 02:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Logical One on March 30, 2015, 02:42:10 PM

Is anyone willing to challenge me one-on-one? I await the response patiently.

May you die of neglect patiently.

Solitary

:pray: I'm so disappointed, I even prayed it would take place. Another one bites the dust!  :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Stromboli yet holds out hope that this one is merely boning up on his bible prior to facing a challenge.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on April 03, 2015, 01:28:58 PM
Stromboli yet holds out hope that this one is merely boning up on his bible prior to facing a challenge.

Maybe thats the reason why, only now that he's actually read the bible, instead of having it preached to him by a priest, he's starting to realize just how awful a book it really is.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Maybe he's having his gall bladder removed.  No, wait; They do that in one day now.

pato15

I accept your challenge. Since you have not stated a debate topic, I will propose one. "Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever." I will of course be taking the affirmative position.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Mike Cl

Quote from: pato15 on April 04, 2015, 02:56:33 AM
I accept your challenge. Since you have not stated a debate topic, I will propose one. "Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever." I will of course be taking the affirmative position.

Since my grandson's middle name is Zeppelin, you win!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Moralnihilist

Black Sabbath had better musicians, invented a new genre, and more importantly didn't steal from anybody.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Mike Cl

Actually, Iron Butterfly and Steppenwolf were both better.  Why???  Because I say so!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Aletheia

Quote from: Moralnihilist on April 04, 2015, 10:17:01 AM
Black Sabbath had better musicians, invented a new genre, and more importantly didn't steal from anybody.

Adds support to Black Sabbath. They opened a lot of doors for future musicians.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

pato15

Oops! Looks like I opened a Pandora's box with the Zeppelin comment! The truth is, I would be hard pressed to defend them as the best ever, although they are probably my personal favorite.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Youssuf Ramadan

Better than Twisted Sister?  What heresy is this, goddammit?!!  :wall:

:wink:

Solitary

I don't think I have ever seen a topic get this far off track from a religious theme.  :super:

There are so many great bands it is hard to pick the best. As much as I like the Runaways for their breakthrough for other girl bands, and the Black hearts for raw Punk, and Rock n Roll along with the Rolling Stones. I agree that Led Zeppelin may be at the top. As a musician I would pick Queen, Santana's old music, and Fleetwood Mac. Over all I would agree with Led Zeppelin for Rock. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

Spoken like someone who's never heard of Budgie.