Why Christians Should Absolutely NOT Celebrate Halloween

Started by stromboli, October 21, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Termin

QuoteHalloween is the one day a year when neighbors come to your door expecting to receive something. So give them JESUS!       Our family chose to give God the glory and the devil a black eye by reaching out to our neighbors with the gospel of Jesus Christ! "You are the light of the world ... let your light shine among men that they may see your

Her house is gonna get egged.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 22, 2015, 07:52:39 PMSorry, but no.
Ah.  Catholicism.  That explains it.  In my neck of the woods, I've never known anyone celebrating All Saints Day.  Christians in my neck of the woods (mostly Baptists, but also other Protestants) typically don't do anything churchy during Halloween.  That's why your claim that "Halloween is a Christian holiday" kinda struck me as a tad absurd.  Because around here, it really isn't.  It's costumed parties, trick-or-treeting, and horror movies.  I didn't realize just how different it is in the more Catholic areas in the world.  Apologies.

drunkenshoe

Pffft. They shold arrange huge Halloween street parties just to spite.

Hey, why don't we have any Halloween emoticons? I want a jackolantern showing his ass to all this.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TopCat

Hmm but let's not celebrate Christmas another pagan holiday. 

josephpalazzo

Quote from: TopCat on October 25, 2015, 09:00:57 AM
Hmm but let's not celebrate Christmas another pagan holiday. 
<---------------------------------------

Too late

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 25, 2015, 11:04:48 AM
<---------------------------------------

Too late

If Gentiles were smart, they would have chosen Hannukah ... which lasts 8 days, and you can get presents for 8 days.  Christians tried to imitate with Advent ... but it never got going.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 25, 2015, 11:11:54 AM
If Gentiles were smart, they would have chosen Hannukah ... which lasts 8 days, and you can get presents for 8 days.  Christians tried to imitate with Advent ... but it never got going.

But considering that Christmas shopping starts in October nowadays, the economic gets its upward kick regardless of one or eight days.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on October 25, 2015, 11:11:54 AM
You only get socks and shirts with Hannukah. They also never fit. Fuck that noise, I'm getting some sweet loots for Christmas.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Blackleaf

This is one of the things I hate most about Christians. While not all Christians are stupid enough to try to deny kids a fun holiday for dressing up and getting candy, too many of them try to ruin the fun for everyone else, and they'll judge any Christian who dares to think differently. What a wonderful image for Christ they paint. Disagree with everything secular society has anything to do with, and label anyone who disagrees as a devil worshiper or fake Christian. That sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to follow.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

stromboli

Christmas was hijacked by Christians, but its a bit harder to hijack Halloween. A celebration specific to death and connections to the spirit world is kind of hard to spin into a puritanical religious holiday.

Blackleaf

Quote from: stromboli on October 29, 2015, 02:04:05 PM
Christmas was hijacked by Christians, but its a bit harder to hijack Halloween. A celebration specific to death and connections to the spirit world is kind of hard to spin into a puritanical religious holiday.

Well, if you think about it, Jesus was technically a zombie. He died and came back. He even still have the holes in his wrists, and presumably the stab wound to his lung. Just imagine, a church zombie walk of people dressed up as zombie...Jesuses? Jesuss? Jesusi?
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 29, 2015, 02:09:49 PM
Well, if you think about it, Jesus was technically a zombie. He died and came back. He even still have the holes in his wrists, and presumably the stab wound to his lung. Just imagine, a church zombie walk of people dressed up as zombie...Jesuses? Jesuss? Jesusi?

Correct .. but so few can see the obvious.  Jesus is a Jewish zombie looking for brains ... either because you have to be a genius to understand the NT, or you have to be stupid to bother with the NT ... your choice ;-)  Jesus isn't historical, isn't Gentile and isn't Christian either.  So if you are going to imitate some fictional character, why not someone more interesting, like Dr Frankenstein?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Here's a relevant video on the topic: https://youtu.be/i9QQA4u89_8?t=3m3s

((Embedding into the post doesn't seem skip ahead to the relevant portion of the video.))
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

My Lutheran Church had a Halloween party in the church basement one year.  It was like a regular Halloween party.  I had a good time.

GSOgymrat

I went to the Halloween festival in West Hollywood with an estimated 500,000 people. Despite the hoards of partiers there were only three arrests, all for public intoxication, and everyone seemed to be laughing and having fun. This is the most important reason why "good Christians" shouldn't celebrate Halloween-- they will ruin it for the rest of us.

http://ktla.com/2015/11/01/3-arrested-during-west-hollywoods-halloween-carnaval/