Atheism Rises, Religiosity Declines In US

Started by stromboli, October 16, 2014, 06:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: aitm on October 17, 2014, 07:33:39 AM
who the fuck came up with that graph? That's got to be the oddest graph I have ever seen.
It's odd, but I've seen that type before and for me it's easy to understand.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mister Agenda

That poll is not so new anymore. Just sayin'. Anyone know when the next one comes out?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 16, 2014, 11:47:55 PM
Nah.. To old fashioned.. We need like skulls and crossed swords to let those fainting couch Christians know we mean business... :biggrin:

Nah... this is the shit!   :super:

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on October 17, 2014, 07:33:39 AM
who the fuck came up with that graph? That's got to be the oddest graph I have ever seen.
Really strange indeed, although highly understandable.  I've seen graphs in more conventional formats that I couldn't make head nor tail out of.  I thought maybe it was supposed to indicate a downward spiral in religion.

stromboli

The article and graph came from 2 different sources, like I said. I also think that the info is old, and I believe that there is a bigger atheist presence than either the article or the graph indicate. We still have a huge numerical bias both in society and in media, and the impact of atheists is in my opinion downplayed. It is interesting that on television there is a large contingency of Christian broadcasting, but all of the Christian/ religious presence on the internet is not nearly as overwhelming. I can see why there are forces that would like to get rid of a free internet.