News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Secular Population Census

Started by drunkenshoe, September 11, 2015, 04:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Get counted. There was a discussion about the site and I thought I would post it for a reminder.

http://www.atheistcensus.com/

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

stromboli

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

peacewithoutgod

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Munch

really hope this grows and is spread around.

drunkenshoe

Has anyone seen Iran's results? (Which is not surprising to me at all, I thought it would be to you.)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 12, 2015, 06:21:34 AM
Has anyone seen Iran's results? (Which is not surprising to me at all, I thought it would be to you.)

Turkey and Iran has good number. Then looking at Afghanistan, makes you wonder on if its an access issue, or if it really is that low, or just out of fear if they say they aren't following a religion?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on September 12, 2015, 08:08:28 AM
Turkey and Iran has good number. Then looking at Afghanistan, makes you wonder on if its an access issue, or if it really is that low, or just out of fear if they say they aren't following a religion?

Turkey has a crazy estimate that noone would believe, but it is meaningless to talk about it because no way to prove it.

That was the discussion why site was brought up. We were trying to make atheists join. Most of them refuse, some of them while refused it before now did it just in spite. Ridiculous picture. But I don't expect the numbers reach the real amount in any way. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 12, 2015, 08:15:49 AM
Turkey has a crazy estimate that noone would believe, but it is meaningless to talk about it because no way to prove it.

That was the discussion why site was brought up. We were trying to make atheists join. Most of them refuse, some of them while refused it before now did it just in spite. Ridiculous picture. But I don't expect the numbers reach the real amount in any way.
I would think that in some countries and regions, that one has to use their email address--some could easily feel they would be putting their lives at stake.  I would think that it would be a simple matter for hackers to uncover all of those email addresses and threaten the lives of all who participated.  If I understand it correctly the married dating site was hacked by a 'morality' group.  IS would not hesitate to use this as a tool of some sort.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

peacewithoutgod

It says the US has the most registered atheists, more than Canada, Britain, Scandinavia - are you fukkn kidding? Is this page less accessible or not promoted enough outside our borders?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

drunkenshoe

It's not a big deal where it is a real norm. And also people don't like or see the need to label themselves when it is not. I agree with them.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 15, 2015, 11:59:09 AM
It's not a big deal where it is a real norm. And also people don't like or see the need to label themselves when it is not. I agree with them.
...me too, but it does make the "international" scope a bit pointless when it includes countries where there are so many atheists they don't even care about being represented. Then again it could be used to say "hey looky look all you Christards, this is the world's biggest atheist nation - only problem is that the world's largest represented population is ~.075% of our estimated ranks, and only ~.0075% of the national population, and at this point it hardly looks like millions will be jumping to sign on. Oh well, at least somebody tried!