News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"TRUMP TO INVOKE EXECUTIVE POWER TO PREVENT MASSIVE FOOD SHORTAGE, MEAT PLANTS ARE FREAKING OUT" ... put the vegetarians to work in the slaughterhouse ;-)

"Survey Finds 50 Million Americans Have Lost Their Job In Past 6 Weeks" ... government caused, this didn't happen in Sweden

"US Intel Officials Believe 45,500 Corpses Were Incinerated In One Fortnight In Wuhan" ... this did happen in China, the exemplar of 21st century governments.  Too bad some of the body bags were still moving when they shoved them in ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Poll: Half Of Americans Financially Affected By Coronavirus

Half the country has been personally economically impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, and overwhelming numbers of Americans do not think schools, restaurants or sporting events with large crowds should reopen until there is further testing, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll. ...

Fifty percent of Americans said they or someone in their household has either lost hours or a job because of coronavirus, up from 18% a month ago. And the pandemic is having a harsher economic effect on people of color, those without a college degree, younger people and those who make less money.

Of non-whites, 60% said they or someone in their household has lost hours or a job, compared to 43% of whites; 55% percent of those without a degree, those under 45 and those making less than $50,000 a year also said so.

"There are few households in the country that haven't been affected by this crisis, through health, through school, through jobs, from all walks of life, from all backgrounds," said Barbara Carvalho, director of the Marist Poll, which conducted the survey. "No one has really gone untouched. However, we certainly see from the data as well that a lack of a strong safety net, especially for many middle-class or working-class Americans, it has some really, really big holes in it.

She added, "These numbers show the struggle, the impact the crisis has had on Americans."

I am in that 50%. I work for a hospital and hospitals have spent millions getting ready to treat people with COVID-19 by re-deploying doctors, nurses and other employees, stockpiling supplies and adding new beds and ICU units. At the same time, they have canceled non-urgent surgeries and procedures. According to the NC Healthcare Association, hospitals in North Carolina are losing about $1 billion a month to COVID-19, about $800 million of that is lost revenue from surgeries. To avoid furloughs, my hospital has cut administrator's pay, all unnecessary expenses and reduced employee hours in almost every department. The staff in my department have a 25% reduction in hours. I can get by with 25% less income but a lot of my coworkers, especially those with children, are having a difficult time.

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/28 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  25,409 (increase from the day before, reversing 2-day downward trend)
New deaths (daily): 2,470 (almost double the day before, nearly record-breaking)
Currently infected: 834,261  (increased from the day before)

Not good news.  Not good news at all.  :'(

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 29, 2020, 08:50:54 AM
Poll: Half Of Americans Financially Affected By Coronavirus

Half the country has been personally economically impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, and overwhelming numbers of Americans do not think schools, restaurants or sporting events with large crowds should reopen until there is further testing, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll. ...

Fifty percent of Americans said they or someone in their household has either lost hours or a job because of coronavirus, up from 18% a month ago. And the pandemic is having a harsher economic effect on people of color, those without a college degree, younger people and those who make less money.

Of non-whites, 60% said they or someone in their household has lost hours or a job, compared to 43% of whites; 55% percent of those without a degree, those under 45 and those making less than $50,000 a year also said so.

"There are few households in the country that haven't been affected by this crisis, through health, through school, through jobs, from all walks of life, from all backgrounds," said Barbara Carvalho, director of the Marist Poll, which conducted the survey. "No one has really gone untouched. However, we certainly see from the data as well that a lack of a strong safety net, especially for many middle-class or working-class Americans, it has some really, really big holes in it.

She added, "These numbers show the struggle, the impact the crisis has had on Americans."

I am in that 50%. I work for a hospital and hospitals have spent millions getting ready to treat people with COVID-19 by re-deploying doctors, nurses and other employees, stockpiling supplies and adding new beds and ICU units. At the same time, they have canceled non-urgent surgeries and procedures. According to the NC Healthcare Association, hospitals in North Carolina are losing about $1 billion a month to COVID-19, about $800 million of that is lost revenue from surgeries. To avoid furloughs, my hospital has cut administrator's pay, all unnecessary expenses and reduced employee hours in almost every department. The staff in my department have a 25% reduction in hours. I can get by with 25% less income but a lot of my coworkers, especially those with children, are having a difficult time.

Bankruptcy of most US institutions is coming?  The Fed isn't big enough to put 330 million Americans on welfare?

Burn everything down! - Andrew Mellon, Fed Chair, 1929.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"...there were over 250 therapies in the pipeline as of April 27, with 96 of these being vaccines and 55 antibodies." ... this isn't philanthropy

"UK Warns Doctors About Mysterious New Respiratory Syndrome Appearing In Children" ... Covid mutation or new bug?

"Study Finds 'Historic' Drop In Math, Reading Scores Since Adoption Of Common Core" ... the more US liberals improve education ...

"Meet 'Salus' - The Pentagon's New COVID-Hotspot, Panic-Buying Predicting AI" ... real use of new tech ... is by the military, they can afford to be early adopters.

""Corona-Killing" UV Bots Could Be Deployed At Military Bases" ... speculative, but real use of new tech ... is by the military
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

https://www.globalresearch.ca/lock-step-no-futuristic-scenario/5705972

Event 201, last Fall is a continuation of this Elite plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2TEOnOnHVM

Leading Swedish doctor applies skepticism to lockdowns (Sweden doesn't have any).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on April 29, 2020, 01:43:57 PM
Dave Rubin is my goto interviewer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGYyImSdNQ

I used to watch Dave Rubin but when he got fixated on the culture wars I lost interest. Rubin's essentially a libertarian but he doesn't like that label. He also won't invite people on his show that will challenge his views, which I could accept, but he repeatedly says "I've tried to get progressives to come on the show but they all turn me down" which is completely untrue.

Someone needs to explain to Dave that sucking cock and smoking weed doesn't make him a liberal.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 29, 2020, 02:05:38 PM
I used to watch Dave Rubin but when he got fixated on the culture wars I lost interest. Rubin's essentially a libertarian but he doesn't like that label. He also won't invite people on his show that will challenge his views, which I could accept, but he repeatedly says "I've tried to get progressives to come on the show but they all turn me down" which is completely untrue.

Someone needs to explain to Dave that sucking cock and smoking weed doesn't make him a liberal.

Challenge his views?  Antisemites?  Homophobes?  Yes, being a communist makes you a liberal?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Baruch

Two cents ... an actual US coin from 1864 to 1873.  One of Congress' monetary failures.

Yes, the 14 trillion let out by Bush/Obama, was liquidity not spending money.  Hence no inflation from it.  Giving money to the consumer, who will spend it, not save it, is inflationary.

"America's Super-Rich See Their Wealth Rise $282 Billion In Three Weeks Of Pandemic" ... it is good to be the king.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Moscow Hospitals Overwhelmed As Russia Hits 100,000 COVID Cases, Surpassing Iran & China" ... slower to react, slower to be infected because fewer tourists.

"Price-Gougers Caught Hoarding One Million Face Masks In New York" ... calling Governor Cuomo ..
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Heres a bitter-sweet story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-52472481

The elderly couple had been married for over 60 years. They were taken to Southampton General Hospital (town close to my own) but the mans wife died to the virus.

When he found out, he asked to be taken off any respirator or life support. He didn't want to go on living without her.

Tragic, but also sweet. They had children, his daughter told their story, though sadly couldn't be with them in their final moments :(
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Yes, people married a long time either irrationally love each other or irrationally hate each other ;-)  In many natural circumstances for the very elderly, the death of one is shortly followed by the death of the other, because the survivor loses the will to live.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/29 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily):  28,429 (two-day increase)
New deaths (daily):  2,390 (barely less than the day before)
Currently infected:  855,127 (increased)

Not good :(