News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 19, 2020, 12:33:43 AM
Until they start infecting people at the store, their neighbours, doctors and nurses who have to take care of them...

If it was only them, fuck it I would probably be cheering them on.

plus there using up much needed beds in hospitals for people with underlining health conditions.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yReXDpvbtRk

rational sense. sad that kids might be missing on school, but can't risk it, even if kids are less likely to show symptoms they can still infect others.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 19, 2020, 10:16:20 AM

Oy vey

I would have enjoyed seeing a fat guy painted green and naked but for a Shrek mask following her around with the same "My body, my choice" sign only this symbol:

Literal trolling.

aitm

Dealing with adversities, for all humans, is never easy, always frustrating, and one second away from rebellion...until someone they know dies. The reality is that reality is never reality until reality becomes such. And then, as the old folks say, “you left the barn door open”.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 19, 2020, 01:01:17 PM
A mask isn't a part of your body.

That's like arguing you shouldn't have to wear a seat belt because abortion.

it is a matter of free will.  Freedom without responsibility isn't liberty ... it is criminal narcissism.  So shoot people who don't use masks?  I wasn't saying ... don't wear a mask.  I was noticing the woman's hypocrisy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on April 19, 2020, 06:14:24 PM
Dealing with adversities, for all humans, is never easy, always frustrating, and one second away from rebellion...until someone they know dies. The reality is that reality is never reality until reality becomes such. And then, as the old folks say, “you left the barn door open”.

On lockdown ... if your neighbor is unemployed, it is a recession.  If you are unemployed, it is a depression.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

""Trump = Death" - Pro-Immigration Protesters Dump Body-Bags Outside Trump's NYC Hotel" ... millions of infected people want to move to the US.  Emperor Xi approves, since he already sent his infected Chinese tourists here in Dec/Jan.

"Critics Slam Trump For Claiming China Should Face "Consequences" If It "Knowingly" Unleashed The Coronavirus" ... Chinese News Network strikes again.

"Fake Doctor Elon Musk Ridiculed By Real Doctors Into Deleting Tweet About "Lung Strength"" ... Common sense as discussed a week ago here.  Force air devices have to be run by a doctor, not on your own.  Millions of journalists aren't doctors either.  Shall they shut up?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on April 17, 2020, 02:53:59 PM
My family has done well so far.  I am expecting our state to open up partially around May 1.  We don't have many deaths per million.

Belgium:
991 people per mi2
The median age in Belgium is 41.9 years
11,849 mi² in size.
11.46 million (12.75% non-European)

New Mexico:
17.2 people per square mile
The medium age in New Mexico is 37.2 years
121,697 mi²
2.097 million population (see below)

Both places are multilingual.  We have American (English), Mexican (Spanish), Navajo and smaller native tribal languages.  Most of the Navajos live in Arizona.

Colorful New Mexico:
55.4% Hispanic
28.0% Anglo
11.3% Native American
1.8% Asian
1.7% Black

New Mexico - English
Yootó Hahoodzo - Navajo
Nuevo México - Spanish

I did some research. Apparently we are about the only nation in the world that counts the elderly dying inside the residential care centers of corona, as corona victims? This raises the  amount tallied, but  not the real number. Makes it look globally as if the situation is worse here. It ain't.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Baruch

Texas … "Sisters die 102 years apart from two separate global pandemics" ... older sister died at 5 years old, before the younger sister was even born.  This new death was of a woman in her 90s.  G-d takes some, and leaves others, seemingly random.  My mother's mother's oldest sister died in the Spanish Flu epidemic.

"Berlin Cops Aggressively Breakup Protest Against Nation's "Authoritarian" Lockdown" ... not just in the US.

Things have gotten worse in Japan and Mexico ... Tokyo and Mexico City hospitals turning away patients ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 20, 2020, 09:43:32 AM

Hmmm...

Infection numbers not accurate.  Not even the deaths are completely accurate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on April 20, 2020, 09:46:25 AM
Infection numbers not accurate.  Not even the deaths are completely accurate.
*looks at a white fence and declares that it's not white because some of the painting was sloppy and it's not entirely white*

Broad strokes.

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on April 19, 2020, 12:33:43 AM
Until they start infecting people at the store, their neighbours, doctors and nurses who have to take care of them...

If it was only them, fuck it I would probably be cheering them on.
I forgot to use my sarcasm font.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 20, 2020, 10:14:31 AM
*looks at a white fence and declares that it's not white because some of the painting was sloppy and it's not entirely white*

Broad strokes.

Orange Man Bad?

Why are the infection stats inaccurate?  Have you bothered to think that out?  So if they are up or down, this is non-news.  I expect 50% of the world will eventually be infected.  Thanks CCP!  Neither Biden nor Trump are responsible for this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I don't understand the protests that well.  I could understand it at a corporate level, but most of those protestors seem like ordinary rabble (includes all of here who make less than the upper middle class), but who are doing the work of corporate CEOs or Russian operatives.  I've been wondering if Russia has a hand it this the they way the allegedly did in creating social unrest and division in Charlottesville, Virginia.  For the most part, people seem to be happy to comply with efforts to hold back the pandemic.  I see people that don't wear masks and are not mindful of distancing, but they don't look angry. They look more like they don't give a shit. Protests seem like an extreme reaction from people who focus on weird Utube and facebook sites.  Now throw in stimulus checks, which some politicians are considering making monthly, and I'm not sure why people don't want to cooperate.  I think it's mostly political.  If Trump says protest, they do, not because it makes sense, but because they feel compelled to support Trump no matter what his decisions are.