Athiest are the dumbest people. No Offence its just true.

Started by Babytooth, May 05, 2016, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 08:46:03 AM
Why do think this is true?

Imagine this scenario:

A high school teacher is young, attractive, and single. She has a pleasant voice and dresses modestly but stylishly. She enjoys lots of current television shows and music. She knows the subject she is teaching well, and her lessons are well-prepared. The material itself is interesting, and the course is required for graduation. She was named "Teacher of the Year" in the entire state just last year. She serves as the faculty adviser for many of the school's best clubs. She arrives at school early, she's willing to stay late to help anyone and never takes a day off.

All the kids in her class think she rocks, and most of them are making A's and B's because she makes learning fun. Except one.

This kid wants nothing to do with her class or any class. In fact, he's thinking of dropping out altogether. He's got problems with other teachers, problems at home, and no friends beyond the circle of druggies he hangs with from time to time. Generally, though, he's a loner.

The teacher has tried to encourage him. She has offered to stay after school to help him catch up on the work he's missed, but he hasn't taken her up on her offer.

He's not interested in what she has to say.

Now, is this a failure on the teacher's part? Or on the student's part?

The Teacher isn't an allpowerfull, allknowing creator of everything. Therein lies The difference.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

reasonist

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 15, 2016, 09:21:39 AM
The Teacher isn't an allpowerfull, allknowing creator of everything. Therein lies The difference.

Hij is een klootzak...
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 15, 2016, 02:15:18 AM
Actually, I prefer my coffee with a spoonful of sugar and some milk. Sometimes I use honey instead of sugar.

I currently weigh 150 pounds soaking wet. I've always been of light build. Unfortunately, if my father and grandfather are anything to go by, I may be genetically predisposed to gaining weight in my later years.

Speaking of genes, my jeans never fit me. They're always too loose around my waist.

Lastly, I was blond when I was a young boy, and it darkened to brown when I got older. Nature.is.a.bitch.
Actually, you have proven to me coffee should be black--always withhold sugar and always sometimes honey.  Honey---yeah, thanks dear.  But at times I do find myself in denial---which is just down the street from Knowing--where that coffee shop is I told you about.  Isn't nature super???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 15, 2016, 09:21:39 AM

How so?
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Randy Carson

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 15, 2016, 09:35:23 AM
Actually, you have proven to me coffee should be black--always withhold sugar and always sometimes honey.  Honey---yeah, thanks dear.  But at times I do find myself in denial---which is just down the street from Knowing--where that coffee shop is I told you about.  Isn't nature super???

marom1963

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 09:37:09 AM
Nee ik ben niet. Waarom zou je dat zeggen?
I'll hazzard a guess - "No, I'm not. Why do you say that?"
OMNIA DEPENDET ...

reasonist

Quote from: marom1963 on May 15, 2016, 09:42:53 AM
I'll hazzard a guess - "No, I'm not. Why do you say that?"
Weil er ein grosses Arschloch ist...lol
Voltaire

Mike Cl

Know what Babytooth/Knowing and Randy are?  They are the personification of my favorite mag as a kid--Mad Mag.  Yes, they are that.  (Or maybe Sick, another one of my favs.)  Seen from that angle, they are very, very funny!

And it just dawned on me where they live.  Anybody who has played Fallout 3's DLC, Point Lookout, know that they resemble one of these types, called either a bruiser, creeper, tracker or trader.  Recall what they look like?  Like refugees from the back hills of West Virginia (Deliverance anyone???)--they talk like they should look like that. 

I'm glad I cleared that all up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 09:37:09 AM
Nee ik ben niet. Waarom zou je dat zeggen?

Ik denk dat hij 'god' bedoelde, en niet jij. Althans, zo heb ik het begrepen. En je Nederlands is niet slecht maar het is 'ben ik' in de plaats van 'ik ben'. :p

Anyway as to why that difference is important; seeing as i'm in The middle of something, i'll give The short answer for now: it means not only does this unlimited god have The power and lnowledge to convinced even The most stubborn of basketcases; he chose in advance to create him and The world around him specifically so that The kid would refuse seeing The light and be saved.

Randy Carson

Randy Carson

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 15, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
Ik denk dat hij 'god' bedoelde, en niet jij. Althans, zo heb ik het begrepen. En je Nederlands is niet slecht maar het is 'ben ik' in de plaats van 'ik ben'. :p

Anyway as to why that difference is important; seeing as i'm in The middle of something, i'll give The short answer for now: it means not only does this unlimited god have The power and lnowledge to convinced even The most stubborn of basketcases; he chose in advance to create him and The world around him specifically so that The kid would refuse seeing The light and be saved.

But that's not what happened. God created us in order to know and love him and to know His love in return.

However, because we had free will, we were separated from God by what theologians call "original sin". This makes it harder for us to "see the light" but not impossible.

Whether we will search for that light or not is still our choice.

reasonist

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 15, 2016, 09:49:02 AM

No,no that's the 'free will' the flock always talks about. Either you buy into this crap or be incinerated not for a year, not for 20 years, not for a 100 years..but for ETERNITY!!! No such thing in the OT, only loving Jesus came up with a "just" punishment. But he loves us anyways, lol! The stupidity of it all is frightening.
That reminds me of a criminal standing in court accused of robbing an old man at gunpoint and shooting him because the old geezer refused to hand over his wallet. The defense argued that the robber gave the victim a choice, free will, either to hand over his money or get shot. A perfectly plausible defense...in the fantasy world of the pious!
Voltaire

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 15, 2016, 10:01:46 AM
But that's not what happened. God created us in order to know and love him and to know His love in return.

However, because we had free will, we were separated from God by what theologians call "original sin". This makes it harder for us to "see the light" but not impossible.

Whether we will search for that light or not is still our choice.

So is god incapable of creating a creation in which he knows all his creations will choose to live by his code and come to accept him of their free will?

Free will does nothing about this problem if your creator is allpowerfull and allknowing.

Randy Carson

Quote from: reasonist on May 15, 2016, 10:03:17 AMThat reminds me of a criminal standing in court accused of robbing an old man at gunpoint and shooting him because the old geezer refused to hand over his wallet. The defense argued that the robber gave the victim a choice, free will, either to hand over his money or get shot. A perfectly plausible defense...in the fantasy world of the pious!

In this particular analogy, you are the robber, God is the judge, and Jesus is your defense attorney.

You freely chose to commit the crime, and God is justly prepared to sentence you to death. Jesus, however, stands before the Father and pleads your cause because you have asked Him for forgiveness.

Case dismissed. You are free to enter heaven.