Athiest are the dumbest people. No Offence its just true.

Started by Babytooth, May 05, 2016, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 07, 2016, 05:46:05 PM
Can somebody explain the last two pages?

The banned OP lives on as an unhappy spirit, possessing this string ... like a dybbuk (Jewish for dead person who won't move on).  An Internet exorcist may be required.  Randy is Catholic, maybe he can show us how it was done in The Exorcist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 07, 2016, 01:07:29 PM
This was a pathetic post. If he hadn't been banned already, I would be calling him on the carpet for it.

My apologies to all for this poor showing.
How nice Randy.  But I don't agree with you.  His message and yours are roughly the same.  His god(s) are the same--jesus and god--but he may word it differently.  You two are roughly equal.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

Well,  you can count me as one who just doesn't really give a rata ass what some pious schmoe thinks.
"Wow, atheists are sooooo dumb! Checkmate atheists and blah, blah, blah.."
I have better things to do than have this ridiculous argument over and over and over..
You want to believe in big spooky and tell me that little spooky died for my sins? Fine.whatever ,but I'm not wasting time arguing about it.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Atheists are dumb? Theists have had thousands of years to prove their position is right and never, ever, succeeded. But they keep on believing. THAT is DUMB!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Randy Carson

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 08, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Atheists are dumb? Theists have had thousands of years to prove their position is right and never, ever, succeeded. But they keep on believing. THAT is DUMB!

That doesn't make sense.

Theists have had thousands of years to prove their position is right, and billions of people have agreed. Not just Christians, mind you. There are 2 billion Muslims who are also "theists", and another billion or so Hindus who are polytheists. So, all in all, I'd say theism has quite a following.

Meanwhile, atheism, as a percentage of the population, is falling.
Some barrels contain fish that need to be shot.

Baruch

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 08:06:27 AM
That doesn't make sense.

Theists have had thousands of years to prove their position is right, and billions of people have agreed. Not just Christians, mind you. There are 2 billion Muslims who are also "theists", and another billion or so Hindus who are polytheists. So, all in all, I'd say theism has quite a following.

Truth isn't a popularity contest with the ignorant proles.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

That doesn't make sense.

Reality is not determined by popular vote. Anyone who isn't a moron realizes this.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Randy Carson

Quote from: Baruch on May 08, 2016, 08:08:41 AM
Truth isn't a popularity contest with the ignorant proles.

Agreed. But people aren't as stupid as some claim.

If theism was false, it wouldn't have so many adherents.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Randy Carson on May 08, 2016, 09:12:50 AM
Agreed. But people aren't as stupid as some claim.
Smart people fall for scams all the time. You, for example.
If theism was false, it wouldn't have so many adherents.
Somebody tell me which fallacy that is, please?
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

There are a couple of things that could probably help reverse that trend. (If it's true...)

1. Theists could stop indoctrinating their children with the beliefs of their ancient ancestors and start teaching them to critically examine the things they are currently told to take on faith.

2. Comparative and religious history classes for those same children.

It probably wouldn't hurt if theists stopped chopping us up with machetes either.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 08, 2016, 09:31:18 AM
There are a couple of things that could probably help reverse that trend. (If it's true...)

1. Theists could stop indoctrinating their children with the beliefs of their ancient ancestors and start teaching them to critically examine the things they are currently told to take on faith.

2. Comparative and religious history classes for those same children.

It probably wouldn't hurt if theists stopped chopping us up with machetes either.
I think Randy considers making up shit to not be lying. Convenience of a cafeteria Christian's attitude toward the Big Ten.
PZ Myers

Randy Carson

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 08, 2016, 09:29:49 AM
Smart people fall for scams all the time. You, for example. Somebody tell me which fallacy that is, please?

The red herring fallacy known as the argumentum ad populum.

However, I am not attempting to prove Christianity or theism by appealing to the large numbers of people who accept them.

Instead, I am making an appeal to the common sense idea that when a crowd gathers, it is reasonable to conclude that there is something to see going on.

Randy Carson

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 08, 2016, 09:31:18 AM

Do atheists indoctrinate their children with the idea that God does not exist? Or do they simply maintain neutrality and let the kid figure it out on his or her own? (Be honest.)

And Surprise! Surprise! The kids who grow up in a home in which the name of God is never mentioned have no reason to believe in a God they have never heard of.

Until...surprise! surprise! An apologist or an evangelist presents them with the data which they can then evaluate for themselves.

And not all, but some of these cradle atheists DO find the evidence compelling.

Quote2. Comparative and religious history classes for those same children.

Sorry. You wanted separation of Church and state, and you got it. So, we can't teach those classes, any more.

QuoteIt probably wouldn't hurt if theists stopped chopping us up with machetes either.

It probably wouldn't hurt if atheists stopped mocking us in the public square, either.