A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

Interesting video, but really it's broken down to saying no matter what, the poor countries simply will continue to remain poor due to their location, which will just perpetuate the other aspects of what holds a society back.

Religion only works in America because it's an institution that people use to profit off. Fairly certain if you study the poorest parts of America you'd see a higher rate of religiosity due to people having little else to hope or work towards, which is a perfect setup for bible thumpers to sell their miracle tonics to.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

The first video was very interesting.  I thought I'd just make that comment before going on to the second.

Some of the causes of poverty named in the video, I've heard before.  A couple I've already formulated on my own, but the video does a good job of bringing them all together.

stromboli

The stupid part is that what the conservative fundies count for right behavior, we identify as corrupt- forcing people of a different belief into a secondary status, for example. The U.S. is becoming more corrupt over time, allowing the wealthy to get away with literal murder and further empowering them rather than doing the opposite, which they should be doing.

dtq123

I'm just want a place to put my boring videos I watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3nF69AHKcw
Do we have free will?
A dark cloud looms over.
What is this, "Justice?"

Munch

The problem I have with the video you posted, is the whole basis of that debate comes from an untested and purely hypothetical basis, which the argument seemed to try to use as a grounded piece for determining free will to not having free will, so I can't take it that seriously.

However, it does have one thing going for it, the fact is free will both exists, and doesn't exist, but not from any childish minded fairy tail creatures of gods or deities that mankind makes up to sleep better at night.

We have free will in choices and actions we take every day, the biggest examples of it come from us breaking routine and doing something different, leaving our job for something new, travelling somewhere we haven't before, doing something with a loved one we haven't tried, or something we're not meant to but do so anyway.
However, we also do not have free will over certain aspects of our day to day lives, we have to go to the bathroom each day, we have to eat and drink to stay alive, we have to, if we have medical conditions, take our medications, and even if we have the free will not to do these things, we will die if we don't, so our will breaks down from the choice not to, and becomes the need for these things.

Really, lifes a balance of free will in areas of our lives, while dependency for things will always just be part of survival. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin