Harrison Ford to appear as Han Solo In Star Wars VII

Started by the_antithesis, February 15, 2013, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby_Ouroborus

One problem with Star Wars is that all the characters are so one dimensional with no complexity to them at all. The only complex character the series has is Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader.

Seabear

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"One problem with Star Wars is that all the characters are so one dimensional with no complexity to them at all. The only complex character the series has is Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader.
Agreed. With the possible exception of Solo, the most interesting characters are the villains.
"There is a saying in the scientific community, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases. First, people deny it. Second, they say it conflicts with the Bible. Third, they say they knew it all along."

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hydra009

Quote from: "the_antithesis"This is like the Eagles getting back together or something. Wait, that's dated. This is like the Talking Heads getting back together or something.
This is like KISS getting back together.  Kept alive purely by nostalgia.

QuoteWhat is it about J.J. Abrams that would encourage Ford to don the blouse and vest again? Does Abrams have a purdy little mouth?
In all fairness to J.J. Abrams, he has actually seen the Star Wars movies.  ZING!

QuoteTry as I might to avoid or just not care about the upcoming Star Wars flicks, I learn something new that makes me go, "Man what?" I don't even know what they could announce at this point that would surprise me.
The Empire is a metaphor for America and the Rebels are Islamic militants.   :P

Don't look at me like that.  Search your feelings, you know it to be true.  If you were a reporter on Coruscant, what you call that sort of attack?  Exactly.

Hydra009

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Seabear"Ahh the mystery of the popularity of the original "Star Wars" compared to the crap that followed.

The commonly held theory is that Lucas lifted the major aspects of the plot of Episode 4 from Kurosawa's 1958 film, "The Hidden Fortress".
And Dune
And Joseph Campbell
And Lensman
And...
Isaac Asimov!

SilentFutility

Quote from: "the_antithesis"What is it about J.J. Abrams that would encourage Ford to don the blouse and vest again? Does Abrams have a purdy little mouth?
$$$ probably

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Still, I can't wait to hear all the fapping over this one. No, really.
Well yeah. I'm interested to see how it turns out to be honest. I am convinced it'll be terrible, but it'd be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote from: "Seabear"My expectations are low. I would not be surprised if the Disney movies are just another excuse for toy merchandising to a new generation of kids. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Yep, it's all about $$$.
Not to mention that the film is almost guaranteed to sell lots of tickets simply because people will feel the need to go and see the new star wars film despite it probably being atrocious.

BlackL1ght

Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Fidel_Castronaut

Don't know about you guys but I'm lookin forward to seeing carrie fisher strip off again.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Brian37

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"One problem with Star Wars is that all the characters are so one dimensional with no complexity to them at all. The only complex character the series has is Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader.

I am old school, everything after the original 3 to me SUCKED HUGE DONKEY BALLS. I thought all the characters in the original 3 were damned good. Plus the new one relied too much on computer graphics and not enough on scale models. I guess it is generational.

I hate going to action movies today because most of the time I feel like I should have an x box controller in my hands. If I am going to a movie, I don't want to feel like I am playing a video game.

The action movies and tv shows I grew up with relied on camera angles, stuntmen and scale models. Everything today is fucking computerized. I guess I am so used to the old way that my brain is not fooled by the new stuff.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "Brian37"I hate going to action movies today because most of the time I feel like I should have an x box controller in my hands. If I am going to a movie, I don't want to feel like I am playing a video game.

Agreed.

+2
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

WitchSabrina

Well I'm a Harrison Ford fan so I'll be happy to see him again.  At least he still looks good unlike some of the others from the original SW.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "buttfinger"Nothing to add, I see.

Add to what? You think you made some brilliant contribution.

LOL
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

buttfinger

Agramon

Wasn't there already a Star Wars storyline mostly revolving around the children of Han and Leia? Ford and Fisher are probably around the right age for that.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

buttfinger

Quote from: "Agramon"Wasn't there already a Star Wars storyline mostly revolving around the children of Han and Leia? Ford and Fisher are probably around the right age for that.
A couple, actually.  They're in book and comic form.

_Xenu_

@Brian

You are right to call episodes 1-3 computer spawned disasters. Even most of the backgrounds weren't even real. However, this CGI can work well in the right hands when used to moderation, ie the the LOTR trilogy. Unfortunately, there are more examples of failure than success and Hollywood really should go back to old way of doing things.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home