Rate the latest movie you've seen.

Started by GalacticBusDriver, February 16, 2013, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Mark Wahlberg Planet of the Apes (2001) is a film I didn't know about, and being a mild fan of the franchise, this surprised me. The premise is the same as it is for all "apes" films, but the story is quite different. 43% and 24% ratings from critics and viewers, which may be the reason I never heard about it. It did hold my attention, mostly because I enjoyed comparing it to the original.  Even the most recent reboots with their spectacular special effects don't compare to the original story, which in my opinion is a Hollywood landmark, as outdated as it is in special effects.

Blackleaf

I don't know. I always considered the concept too silly to be able to take it seriously. I think I remember seeing that reboot, and I thought it was okay.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on Today at 04:58:28 PMI don't know. I always considered the concept too silly to be able to take it seriously. I think I remember seeing that reboot, and I thought it was okay.
Silly for sure, but not meant to take seriously. But I thought it was an insightful commentary on social values (the original film, anyway). Silly/fun/thoughtful, except that the ending gave me a sick feeling.