“Masculine” and “Feminine” repentance?

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, Today at 04:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

I'm sure a bunch of you may know what repentance is about. I sure have. However what I recently discovered is there are masculine and feminine ways of repenting. I honestly don't know how Christianity gets the idea of gendering repentance.

Let me try to be specific. As far as I'm aware of, when a man repents, he has to do so out of strength so being sincere makes him a "stronger man". Meanwhile, if a woman repents, she has to do so out of submission so her sincerity makes her a more "humble submissive woman".

I'm not sure with a lot of other religions but I know for Christianity, it has a lot of sexist and racist shit. I'm serious, even there were many Christians that tried to justify slavery and claim that the Bible says so.

Some of you might be thinking "that's not what I recalled", but I'm only talking based on what I've experienced.

Blackleaf

Can you give some examples? It's my impression that men and women are both meant to be submissive when it comes to religion in general.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Religion, the majority, always has the woman submissive to the man, and man gets to communicate with god. The women get pumped doggy style.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust