News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The FIFA Worldcup Brazill

Started by Jutter, June 13, 2014, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I don't want either team to win, I dislike them both.

Take De Jong out of the line-up and I will root for the Dutch. If he gets subbed out I will root for them. Really De Jong is the only real problem I have with the Dutch, but he is the type of player that I will hate an entire organization just because they have him.

Doesn't help that was one of the most boring first halves I have seen in a long time though.

Edit; I don't know though, I kinda like the mystique of no European team having ever won a cup in South America... I would like to see that go on for a hundred years or more just to really have this superstition around it...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Germany and Argentina in te final, come on Germany! Bring the cup home to Europe where it belongs!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Green Bottle

Perfect penalty taking by the argies there, an the 2 teams iv'e tipped from the start in the final. unlucky the dutch tho was a great effort but once it goes into the penalty shootout its anyone's game.
If the germans play anywhere like they did v brazil then its their cup but u know wee messi only needs a wee sniff of the goal an he's rite in there so could be interestin, as long as its an open final wi both teams goin for it from the start then ill say cmon the winner..... :pidu: :pall: :pidu: :pall:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

As a part Latino, part German American... this final is going to be really awkward for me to decide on who I want to win...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SilentFutility

I bet the argentinians are shitting themselves after watching last night's game...

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on July 09, 2014, 06:46:00 PM
Germany and Argentina in te final, come on Germany! Bring the cup home to Europe where it belongs!
Tried to like this post, like button is potato. That said let's go Deutschland!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

DunkleSeele

Meh... at the end of the day, it's still 22 overpaid tossers chasing a ball. Give each of them their own ball and get over it.

*ducking for cover*

GrinningYMIR

My great grandfather was American, my great great grandfather wasn't. He moved here after WWI.

And my great great great great great uncle stayed in Germany and died fighting the Russians during WWII
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mr.Obvious

I don't have anything against the Germans, nor the Argentinians as nations or people. But they are the two teams I least wanted to see as the winner of the cup. The Germans because everyone I knew was convinced they'd win from the start. And if there is not personal investment I tend to root for the underdog. But I dislike Argentinië because they played home Belgium. I don't know who I'm rooting for in the finals. :/
May the best team win.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

GrinningYMIR

I want to see Germany win, but it was nice seeing the US do well, they didn't even give up in that last game, they fought to the last second. So I'm proud of them

My no.3 was the Dutch, and we know how that game went

Green Bottle

I just hope its a good game wi both teams going for it and none of this defensive shite,  i think it will be close with one goal in it, im saying 3 . 2 Germany................ :pall:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 11, 2014, 07:41:25 AM
Add that all Americans in this thread are guilty of treason. I bet none of your great grandfather is American.  :snooty:

Dad's side of the family moved here a bit before WW1 from Germany. Mom's side has been here since before the civil war. Depending on what lineage you go by I'm either 5th generation German/Norwegian or a 8th or so generation Irish/Englishman and 4th generation Cherokee.

Tl;dr: I'm American as fuck!

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

GrinningYMIR

Brazil comes in fourth, with the German-Argentina game tomorrow

DEUTSCHLAND, DEUTSCHLAND, UBER ALLES

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 11, 2014, 06:08:47 PM
I don't have anything against the Germans, nor the Argentinians as nations or people. But they are the two teams I least wanted to see as the winner of the cup. The Germans because everyone I knew was convinced they'd win from the start. And if there is not personal investment I tend to root for the underdog. But I dislike Argentinië because they played home Belgium. I don't know who I'm rooting for in the finals. :/
May the best team win.

If anyone besides my main teams were to win, I was rooting for either Belgium or Mexico. Mexico got cheated imo.

gussy

The third place game usually is more entertaining than the final.  Too much at stake to make the game entertaining.  Germany and Argentina are great at not taking any risks.  Maybe a late goal wins it or perhaps more penalty kicks. 

After the disappointment comes the long wait to Euro 2016 but we get an added bonus that summer with Copa America Centenario USA.