News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus' Origin Story

Started by Blackleaf, December 21, 2016, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Sorginak on February 14, 2017, 06:58:37 PM
Individuals who offer nothing except "It's god" are offering nothing of substance.
If you can't grasp that all existence is of GOD, at least as a concept, then I can't help you. Not that you want or need my help
faith in selfless unity for good

Sorginak

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:03:09 PM
If you can't grasp that all existence is of GOD, at least a day concept, then I can't help you

No surprise.  I've yet to meet a theist who offers anything of assistance. 

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

popsthebuilder

popsthebuilder

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:11:07 PM
Due to greed

Which is abject to the will of GOD.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 06:55:06 PM

It should have no bearings on the laws of man, and is a rememberance and guidance for our lives.

As far as what it is inspired by; all of the above, which is to say; GOD.

This is totally and completely your personal opinion--no more--no less.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:11:40 PM

Which is a fiction.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 14, 2017, 07:15:50 PM
This is totally and completely your personal opinion--no more--no less.
Well no it isn't. The Christ of GOD called for division of faith and government. Things must be done by the will and freedom of man, not from obligation due to punishment or reward.

Sorginak

How does a god that refuses to present himself have a will over anything.

Having faith is not proof of god's existence, it is mere wishful thinking.

Unbeliever

Who knows "the will of God"?

Is it determined by what's written in the Bible? Or is it determined by prayer, so that God can tell his will to whomever he wants without telling others?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

What does "abject to the will of God" mean?
God Not Found

doorknob

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 05:20:48 PM

What do you mean it doesn't make the bible real? I have a physical one somewhere. It is indeed real on all levels.

I know it was inspired by GOD being such myself and having the faculty to percieve and receive such.

The point is of obvious misdirection generally. More specifically in the past. The recent one seems a little better though I do not really keep up with him or his actions.

I'm quite aware of the books that aren't in the canon bible due to the greed of men in high places.

Regardless of man's attempts to hide the truth, it will eventually come to light. And soon, being the information age and all.

I started with the Quran and read a multitude of core sacred texts for the very reasons you mention; namely the editing of holy things for ones own motives.

The exodus could have easily been handed down orally and in actuality was a recounting of an even more ancient event. The creation story is, like the rest of the bible, not a literal depiction of the creation of existence, but can and should be likened more to metaphor and an attempt by man to explain their surroundings based on what they did know of GOD and the messages that had been handed down. Saying that all was void or vacuum until a great light was introduced seems kinda accurate. Saying that there was a gathering of mass that became solid doesn't seem too far fetched. When speaking. It seems to support Pangaea and the cradle of life to me. It tries to depict why we have shame saying that it is ultimately sin by natural inclination, basically because we can, but shame is in place to guide us. This refutes the general consensus among orthodox Christians, but I'm not going to get into that at this time.
The flood could to be representative of a previous event. We know of desserts turning to seas, and also; what about ice ages? At the end of an ice age the climate would most likely be pretty wild. I'll leave it alone...I am reaching, but it is what makes sense. The word world or earth is often interchangable with the words land or region. So the flood could have been over all the land and still not be all the earth.

You donot see the value of it because of bias for whatever reason. I'm not saying it isn't warranted in your view. If you spend your time looking for negative stuff in the ot only, then I guess that's all you'll find. Admittedly; if I read it with any literal interpretation in mind, I might get a laugh myself. The recounting of the works of the Christ are profitable towards edification. The book is chocked with parables and or triple entendres. It isn't really funny; you not being able to comprehend it apparently.

Show me the false wisdom you are talking about. Then show me the contradicting wisdom. I will explain them away without effort I am sure. I don't need a pope, nor do any else. There is one verse in that refers to a form of heirarcy with respects to hearing the word. Again the greed of man chose to manipulate the masses, and succeeded to a grand extent.

Wow... Silly....Universal and timeless, simple and easily discerned is what the sacred inspired writings are. Try reading some of the others and see if they have a common point. They are like peices that make a whole in truth. And just to be really clear; I donot derive my direction from the bible alone. It is like a reminder of things. You are lying about the message not being clear. There are but two.

Love GOD; that is be devoted and loyal to the cause that gave you the experience called life and the potential for significance.

Love others to the extent that you love yourself at minimum.

These to things encompass all other laws and direction of man in order to be pleasing to GOD.

It's that simple for the layman. The Christ is the Way and to deny this is wrong in the sight of GOD, but even that will be forgiven. What is unforgivable is to knowingly misdirect those striving to be faithful to GOD, which is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

Again, it doesn't inspire you because you are predisposed to find it atrocious.

Get out of the ot, though it too is full of knowledge. All things that can easily be known from within too though.

peace

I can't respond to each one these. 

Yes the message is so clear that's why there are many branches of Christianity right? Because the message was clear! Christians are totally unified and don't disagree with the meaning of the teachings. You are talking some major bullshit here and you know it!

You still haven't explained how you determine what's been inspired and what wasn't. What are your guide lines? No matter how you slice it that's called cherry picking!

And are you changing your story or what? The bible is the perfect word of god, yet we need to other books to get the whole story? They are all just pieces of the picture right? What about Buddhist writings do you count those as a piece of the picture. If not you're picking and choosing. 

Once again I can't determine your sense of logic here. You've made a lot of claims with out really explaining how you arrived at the conclusion. I have nothing to go on but your word. Sorry but that's not good enough!

I'll ask once again

How do you know what is inspired and what is not?

Blackleaf

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 06:32:43 AM
Get your head out of your ass and stop decieving people.  The old testament has some hard things in it. I won't deny that. But the majority of the whole book is profitable towards ones own direction.

Sharpen up on your misrepresentation of ancient law;

Rape was punishable by death.

Oh, hello, Mr. Hyde. Can you give the keyboard back to Dr. Jekyll please?

Yes, I am aware that rape was punished with death. However, if the woman who was raped was unmarried, the rapist could pay the father to make her his wife. According to the Bible, this solution makes things right. At least in a society where women are regarded as a commodity, where men sold their daughters like property.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on February 14, 2017, 07:17:51 PM
Well no it isn't. The Christ of GOD called for division of faith and government. Things must be done by the will and freedom of man, not from obligation due to punishment or reward.

Of course it is, Pops--your jesus is a fiction, so how can his 'words' carry any weight in the real world.  That's like quoting Bugs Bunny and using that as some sort of authority.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 14, 2017, 07:24:41 PM
Who knows "the will of God"?

Is it determined by what's written in the Bible? Or is it determined by prayer, so that God can tell his will to whomever he wants without telling others?
It is determined by the Holy Spirit and the selfless conscience.