News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

I would not be all that surprised if the US starts hitting half a million new cases a day after all the xmas and new year's travel and shenanigans...given that this new variant is so much transmissible.

Hydra009

Yeah, it'll go up quite a bit this January-February but it'll go back down by the end of February.  Screenshot this.

Dark Lightning

I'm wearing my mask and washing my hands. Piss on all those ignorant assholes. My youngest brother was in a grocery store the other day, and some gal had no mask. Another gal asked her to please put on a mask, but the gal claimed that she had Covid and walked around the store coughing on the other gal. Got herself arrested, she did. My youngest brother is a cancer survivor, having (barely) lived through surgery, chemo and radiation. It's a dead cert that if he gets Covid, he's completely done. Fucking asshole people, anyway.

drunkenshoe

Everything's so bad here, it feels like nobody cares much about covid anymore.

I'm getting my booster on monday.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 17, 2021, 12:12:25 AM
but the gal claimed that she had Covid and walked around the store coughing on the other gal. Got herself arrested,
Back when Covid started, but wasn't even a pandemic yet, some high school kids started fake coughing on some elderly couple in a store, and they were arrested too.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 16, 2021, 11:38:25 PM
Yeah, it'll go up quite a bit this January-February but it'll go back down by the end of February.  Screenshot this.
Twice as bright, half as long. I was thinking when it finally goes endemic it will still suck unless those Pfizer pills are really that effective and available. It's not like I don't get a cold every few years....Be good to have meds at the ready in the fridge or something whenever someone vulnerable gets that first indication.

Oddly enough I have yet to mistake allergies for a viral type of illness. Just before I get a cold or flu, I get very energetic and then when it hits, I know. Feels different than allergies.

GSOgymrat

Florida man who was kicked off a United Airlines flight over wearing a red thong on his face instead of a face mask compared himself to civil-rights pioneer Rosa Parks

A man was removed from a United Airlines flight after he used a red thong as a face mask.

Adam Jenne, 38, of Cape Coral, Florida, was asked to disembark from a flight set to take off from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport after getting into a dispute with flight attendants, the Fox affiliate WSVN 7News Miami reported.

Jenne told WSVN 7News that he was wearing the underwear on his face instead of a mask to challenge the mask mandate on flights. There is a federal mask mandate in place that requires travelers in the US to wear a face mask on planes, trains, and buses, as well as in airports and other transit stations.

"Illustrating that absurdity by wearing women's underwear on my face sounds perfect," said Jenne, who wore an anti-President Joe Biden T-shirt on the flight that said "Let's Go Brandon."

In an interview with the NBC affiliate WBBH, Jenne compared his actions to that of the civil-rights pioneer Rosa Parks.

"Everything else that has sparked change in this country has started from everyday people. Rosa Parks wasn't famous. She changed the course of history," Jenne told the network.

If my flight was delayed and I missed my connection because this joker thinks he's the Rosa Parks of mask mandates I would be so pissed.

GSOgymrat

Hydra009

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Blackleaf

Thinking maybe she should see a doctor about that...

"...the hospitals you may soon overwhelm."

The hospitals are already overwhelmed. They barely have time for anything but god damn Covid patients. If they get much more overwhelmed, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw up their hands and said, "Fuck it! We're closed! We don't have room for the entire fucking city in here!" If I were a nurse or physician working at one of these hospitals, I'd have quit a long time ago. How they can stand overworking themselves, putting themselves and their families at risk of infection, trying to help the ungrateful masses who refused to help themselves for so long is beyond me. I don't have that kind of patience.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

https://i.imgur.com/8tiuv0q.mp4

How these morons should always be addressed.  Don't entertain nonsense.  Don't treat it with kid gloves.  Go for the jugular and then stomp it down afterwards.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GSOgymrat on December 18, 2021, 01:10:54 PM
https://youtu.be/Dqjj6FNel80

It's so horrifying, I need to ignore it to save my mental health. I just hope we won't starve. That's not an exaggeration. We are looking down to famine. And religion is lying at the root. Long story short, they are pushing it this way because of religious laws from the book. I'm serious.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

The booster did me in. Everything hurts. And I need go out in the afternoon. *MOAN.