News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 07, 2020, 09:21:54 AM
That I am.  There was an active, and very good, forum named Religious Tolerance (Ontario--I think) in which he and I were contributors.  The site is still up, but the forum was taken down last year.  And we were on a couple of boards prior to that, as well.  He was always sane and articulate with a vast amount of knowledge--and a great sense of humor.  I do think he is suffering a mental breakdown of some sort--his bitterness toward life is easy to see and a pain to read.  So, I've stopped.  So, aitm, I do offer an 'I'm sorry', to you and the rest of the forum members.

Won't ask who you voted for.  And you think I have a mental breakdown?  Why isn't this in the political section?

I am still laughing as ever, but all those old forums were religious only.  Religion is funny. Not politics.  Politics is funny like a sadist watching a car wreck.

Made a good joke to drunkenshoe vs wine.  Not that her headache is funny.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I'm sure glad the election is (almost) over, so now we can stop talking about covid covid covid (covid covid).
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 07, 2020, 04:42:47 PM
I'm sure glad the election is (almost) over, so now we can stop talking about covid covid covid (covid covid).

You didn't get the message from Davos.  They like permanent pandemic just fine.  You are not on their plutocratic party invite list either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 07, 2020, 04:42:47 PM

Yup. Now we can finally give up the act that Covid is really such a big deal, and we can finally go back to normal. Liberal conspiracy successful.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I dunno guys, I'm pretty partial to continuing the tyranny.  I mean, sure, right now it's just used to trick rednecks into wearing cloths over their faces (to no avail as readily demonstrated through farting), but any day now we'll surely institute some sort of communism and/or sharia.  It's a natural progression.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 07, 2020, 07:41:50 PM
I dunno guys, I'm pretty partial to continuing the tyranny.  I mean, sure, right now it's just used to trick rednecks into wearing cloths over their faces (to no avail as readily demonstrated through farting), but any day now we'll surely institute some sort of communism and/or sharia.  It's a natural progression.

LOL, Monday morning I will watch the capitalists buy up communist shares in China, like Alibaba, LOL. The end of the Trade war is probably already priced-in but if it pops, maybe I'll even make a play, just for Trump.

Blackleaf

Well, it is pretty amusing seeing people walk around with chin diapers on their faces... I guess we can sacrifice a few more months of job loss, business closures, and evictions for our amusement.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

I always thought it was cool the way the Chinese wore masks, even pre-pandemic.  I wear mine mostly as a fashion statement.  Well OK, if we're going to be honest here, I like to pretend I'm a doctor who just got off shift.  I've also found that I can stick my tongue out at the no-maskers, and they don't know what I'm doing.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 07, 2020, 07:20:59 PM
Yup. Now we can finally give up the act that Covid is really such a big deal, and we can finally go back to normal. Liberal conspiracy successful.

Exactly what happened with the mask-less Dem celebrations (also prior BLM riots).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 07, 2020, 08:02:26 PM
LOL, Monday morning I will watch the capitalists buy up communist shares in China, like Alibaba, LOL. The end of the Trade war is probably already priced-in but if it pops, maybe I'll even make a play, just for Trump.

Vladimir Ilich Lenin â€" 'The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.'

Ever since Red China got most favored trading status over Taiwan.  Greed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Ben Carson is sick with covid after attending a largely maskless White House election party.  Mark Meadows as well.

That makes for the third (or fourth?) covid outbreak at the White House.  Clearly, managing the spread of this disease is a top priority for them.

QuoteAt least three people who attended an election party at the White House last week, including the housing secretary and President Trump’s chief of staff, have tested positive for the coronavirus. At the event, several hundred people gathered in the East Room for several hours, many of them not wearing masks as they mingled while watching the election returns.
QuoteBut Mr. Williams said that Mr. Carson thinks he contracted the virus on a bus during a barnstorming tour for Mr. Trump in the days leading up to the election. It was not immediately clear why Mr. Carson believed that to be the source of infection.

QuoteFive other White House aides and a Trump campaign adviser also tested positive for the virus in the days before and after Election Day

Baruch

CCP and Biden will spare you, like Cthulhu does?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Here it is from one victim's perspective, rather than a media article showing dire statistics.

QuoteI started feeling like crap last Tuesday. We all know the feeling when you get the flu - it was like that, only odd. I felt like my body was shaking, like electric shocks from my head to my feat and back up. I also had what I thought was the worst heartburn of my life, and I couldn't get it to go away. My chest still hurts today from that.

On Wednesday, it felt more like a flu. I was having fevers, sweating through my clothes while I was sleeping, night sweats, sinus pressure behind my right eye, and my left ear hurt.

On Thursday I went to get a covid test, and then everything is a blur. I'd try talking on the phone to my dad but I couldn't articulate what I was trying to say. I had no idea what time it was or what was happening, and I still had those electric shocks - by far the worst part of this for me.

I got the positive test result on Friday night. I don't remember Saturday or Sunday very much.

I woke up this morning, feeling better but EXHAUSTED. Just getting up to pee was a victory. Throughout the day I started feeling better and better.......I think I'm finally at the end of this!

Wear a mask! I have no idea how I got this, but I'll be wearing 3 at a time and massively limiting my time out of my house. This isn't the flu. The flu is horrible - but this is worse. I'm just grateful I was in the majority and didn't need emergency care - in the end, I had a horrific week but will be back to life soon.

Baruch

Will Biden or Gates or Fauci magically cure cancer too?  The idea that a ruler can magically cure disease (by touch BTW) went out with Queen Anne (GB circa 1710).  As we all know now, if you are BLM, AntiFa or prematurely celebrating Democrats ... masks are not required because of magic nostrums.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2020, 11:07:38 AMHere it is from one victim's perspective, rather than a media article showing dire statistics.
Yeah, that stuff is no joke.  And lingering, too.  When this pandemic first hit the US, I read about a doctor sharing his experience trying to treat an overweight millennial - putting him on oxygen and him suffering tremendously for days in the ICU.  His prognosis was not good.  I think about that when people say it's no big deal or made up or hardly kills anybody.