News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 03, 2020, 01:20:00 PM
LOL Maybe it is the new boogeyman they want to create. I mean, would it be surprising at this point? We have those people. Yeah, the same ones in different skin.

Skin color of doctor doesn't matter, the Chinese aren't racist (cough)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 03, 2020, 01:52:09 PM
I'm not the only one this happens to?

That is why "edit" is your friend ;-)

You are already slaves to a 100% medical lockdown, until you surrender to Beijing.  You might as well offer your daughters to the mandarins.

Sorry for the politics ... but here is real stuff ...

"FDA Warns Of 'Inaccuracies' In New Rapid COVID-19 Tests" ... can't be true, FDA must be Nazi Russians!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Pastor who said that covid infection was due to "fornication" dies from covid

I bring this stuff up because it highlights the flaws in our society (magical thinking, anti-scientific attitudes) and serves as an object lesson to encourage people to take appropriate preventative steps.

This virus doesn't care about religion or ideology, only handshakes and sneezes.  So wash frequently, armor up, and protect yourself!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2020, 04:10:28 PM
Skin color of doctor doesn't matter, the Chinese aren't racist (cough)

No, it is not anything racial. In the underdeveloped countries because of the nature of the practice of medicine, doctors face lethal consequences. And they're generaly demonised. They get attacked and killed here.

That's what I meant.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 06, 2020, 11:27:14 AM
No, it is not anything racial. In the underdeveloped countries because of the nature of the practice of medicine, doctors face lethal consequences. And they're generaly demonised. They get attacked and killed here.

That's what I meant.

Sad.  They don't carry an AK-47 in their little black bag?  Here, Mafia carry Tompsons in their violin cases ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2020, 12:33:45 AM
Pastor who said that covid infection was due to "fornication" dies from covid

I bring this stuff up because it highlights the flaws in our society (magical thinking, anti-scientific attitudes) and serves as an object lesson to encourage people to take appropriate preventative steps.

This virus doesn't care about religion or ideology, only handshakes and sneezes.  So wash frequently, armor up, and protect yourself!

Some of my friends actually feel sorry for me because I can decipher fact from fiction almost instantly. When they try to talk sense with me they seem like seven-year-old children. The simple concept of aerosol particles has become confounded by Jesus, preachers and Trump. Holy Fucking Shit !

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 06, 2020, 04:17:16 PM
Some of my friends actually feel sorry for me because I can decipher fact from fiction almost instantly. When they try to talk sense with me they seem like seven-year-old children. The simple concept of aerosol particles has become confounded by Jesus, preachers and Trump. Holy Fucking Shit !

Is it a good sign that your friends are morons?  What does that say about you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cassia

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2020, 06:38:14 PM
Is it a good sign that your friends are morons?  What does that say about you?
Oh boy you really got me there. How fucking clever you are? I had to concentrate really hard because your thoughts are so sophisticated but finally I was able to see what you did there and well there is just nothing I can say. So I will just block your rancid, stinky bullshit and continue to enjoy the atheists on the forum.

Profile>Modify Profile>Buddy Ignore List>Edit Ignore List.

We should all ignore him, LOL. We gotta listen to theists all the time on TV, Radio, Media, friends and family- don't need to hear it here.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2020, 04:09:30 PM
Watch the dentists in particular ;-)

So, like Seinfeld, you're an anti-dentite?

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on November 06, 2020, 04:17:16 PM
Sadly, this crisis puts in sharp relief who knows how viruses spread and who doesn't.

A couple days ago, I locked eyes with a bare-noser, pointed, and pinched my masked nose.  She pretended not to see me.

That's why I double up with a mask/shield combo when I'm in close proximity to the dumb-dumbs.  Around friends and family who I know are with the program, one layer suffices.  But among the bleach-drinkers, I gotta take extra precautions.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on November 06, 2020, 08:04:01 PM
Oh boy you really got me there. How fucking clever you are? I had to concentrate really hard because your thoughts are so sophisticated but finally I was able to see what you did there and well there is just nothing I can say. So I will just block your rancid, stinky bullshit and continue to enjoy the atheists on the forum.

We should all ignore him, LOL. We gotta listen to theists all the time on TV, Radio, Media, friends and family- don't need to hear it here.

Very well put.  I've had 20/25 years conversing with him on various boards.  When he came here (actually, I invited him) he was a sane and interesting poster.  A few years ago he seemed to have become so embittered with his lot in life, the country and life in general.  Now he offers nothing worth reading.  I've stopped reading him for quite some time now.  I see his name on a post or thread, I simply ignore it.  I am saddened by his condition--but he makes no sense whatsoever. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2020, 10:14:35 PM
  When he came here (actually, I invited him)

So. YOU are responsible for this! *makes note*.    🧐
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on November 07, 2020, 06:51:08 AM
So. YOU are responsible for this! *makes note*.    🧐
That I am.  There was an active, and very good, forum named Religious Tolerance (Ontario--I think) in which he and I were contributors.  The site is still up, but the forum was taken down last year.  And we were on a couple of boards prior to that, as well.  He was always sane and articulate with a vast amount of knowledge--and a great sense of humor.  I do think he is suffering a mental breakdown of some sort--his bitterness toward life is easy to see and a pain to read.  So, I've stopped.  So, aitm, I do offer an 'I'm sorry', to you and the rest of the forum members.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Covid is exploding again. I visited this sub, just to remind myself how it would suck. Mostly young-ins with regrets.
https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/
Just in case there is another run on supplies....You can order stuff from restaurant supply stores. I was able to get all sorts of dry goods like beans and rice, cereal, powdered milk and a case of TP delivered to our door. A $150 order was about $32 to ship.
No affiliation, LOL
https://www.therestaurantstore.com/
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on November 06, 2020, 08:04:01 PM

Exactly.  But then the intro and the moderation has to change.  That is up to the moderators.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.