News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 04, 2020, 03:10:16 PM
I think it was Ike who had a heart attack, but his people said it was "stomach pains."

They hid Ike in the Fitzsimons Army Hospital in Denver CO after he had a heart attack while playing golf at Cherry Hills (he smoked too much).  This was Sept 1955, while I was waiting to be born ;-)  When my Ex was just pregnant with our daughter while on vacation in San Diego, the last San Fran earthquake happened while we were in the air going back to Denver.  Churchill had a stroke while in cabinet meeting in 1953, and was taken off and hidden at his home of Chartwell.  There was a fun British drama about this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"The COVID-19 pandemic has ripped through almost every country on the planet, causing devastating decay to the mental health of millions of people..." ... their mental health was precarious before Covid.

"CNN compares Trump’s COVID to ‘Stalin dying’" .. I guess felt tip penning a little mustache onto Trump portraits got boring.  Stalin had a much better mustache.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote"It’s been a very interesting journey. I learned a lot about COVID. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn't the 'let's read the books' school," Trump said in a video posted to Twitter. "And I get it, and I understand it, and it's a very interesting thing, and I’m going to be letting you know about it."
"Before, I was an expert, not just a read it books expert, but still an expert.  I'm a very interesting person, and I'm going to be letting you know that real experts like me know more than most experts.  My doctors never had this China virus.  They don't know as much as I know about it.  Everyone knows that I'm a wonderful expert and I never had to read about anything to know that.  Everyone knows that I'm very wonderful, just a wonderful expert.  All kinds of people can tell you I'm very wonderful.  I talk to people all the time who know that."

Unbeliever

He's going to be vague, hedge his bets, and blame anyone else other than himself.

Same as it ever was...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2020, 02:19:00 PM
He's going to be vague, hedge his bets, and blame anyone else other than himself.
I can't imagine a kinder gentler Trump, after a near death experience.  It's too weird to imagine.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2020, 03:32:41 PM
I can't imagine a kinder gentler Trump, after a near death experience.  It's too weird to imagine.
You needn't worry about that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2020, 03:32:41 PM

Progressives ...  everyone touched by magic wand and turned into Gandhi (curry universe).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2020, 09:17:56 AM
"Before, I was an expert, not just a read it books expert, but still an expert.  I'm a very interesting person, and I'm going to be letting you know that real experts like me know more than most experts.  My doctors never had this China virus.  They don't know as much as I know about it.  Everyone knows that I'm a wonderful expert and I never had to read about anything to know that.  Everyone knows that I'm very wonderful, just a wonderful expert.  All kinds of people can tell you I'm very wonderful.  I talk to people all the time who know that."

Jesus Christ. I thought you were just parodying Trump. I didn't realize he actually said this shit.

"It's been a very interesting journey, I learned a lot about COVID. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn't the let's-read-the-book school, and I get it, and I understand it."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 06, 2020, 03:09:47 AM
Jesus Christ. I thought you were just parodying Trump. I didn't realize he actually said this shit.

"It's been a very interesting journey, I learned a lot about COVID. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn't the let's-read-the-book school, and I get it, and I understand it."

Before reading your post, I thought he was parodying him too! Oof.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 06, 2020, 03:09:47 AM

Yeah, apparently getting sick qualifies you as an epidemiologist.

I swear, the solution to those brain-eating amoebæ in Texas is to send Trump in -- they'll starve.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2020, 09:17:56 AM
"Everyone knows that I'm very wonderful, just a wonderful expert.  All kinds of people can tell you I'm very wonderful.  I talk to people all the time who know that."

SGOS

Cassia

I had a zit once. I'm a dermatologist !

Mike Cl

I've had a stent--I'm an expert cardiac surgeon!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

I do wonder if these last few post-hospital gloating tweets just cost him the election.....He looked like shit without his mask, panting and even had me wondering if my TV set's color controls were misadjusted. Very insensitive to the sufferings of many.