Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

US has yet another record-breaking day: 61,848

Baruch

The Amoeba Boys don't have a Chinese look, I call fake cartoon!  Also where are the Power Puff Girls?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Article about why the death rate of Covid 19 is dropping even while cases are going up, and that while that is in part a good thing... it also isn't.  People don't die the second they are tested positive, and even after death the time to fill the death certificate and  get them processed in the system can take up to a month.

Despite that, Republicans are claiming this is a massive success and a sign the virus is not a real threat and just a scare tactic hoax, which while entirely on brand for them is still fucking ridiculous when you look at what it has done to the world in just a few months.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/why-covid-death-rate-down/613945/

QuoteWhen President Trump and others point exclusively to lagging death figures during a surge, they are trying to tell you that America is, secretly, winning the war on COVID-19. But we’re not. The summer surge is an exceptionally American failure, born of absent leadership and terrible public-health communication.

After all the graphs, statistics, science, and interpretations, we’re left with a simple fact: Hundreds of Americans are dying every day of a disease that is infecting several hundred thousand of them every week. If that’s success, let’s pray we never see failure.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

This is bad!  If Covid was so bad, people immediately dropped dead, it would never have left China.  It isn't that bad, it is free to spread for at least 14 days, often without symptoms.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

https://christianchronicle.org/churches-of-christ-christian-universities-got-millions-in-covid-19-relief-funds/

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article244084852.html

QuoteA controversial church in Rutherford County, that has been accused of abuse by former members, received a loan through the federal government’s small business relief program, records released this week show.

The Word of Faith Fellowship, a church based in Spindale, obtained between $150,000 and $350,000 through the Paycheck Protection Program, Small Business Administration data show. Spindale is about 70 miles west of Charlotte.

https://www.news9.com/story/5f050a8edb4e546eaf591dba/oklahoma-churches-receive-millions-in-covid19-funds-spare-thousands-of-jobs

QuoteOf that money, 1,498 religious organizations received less than $150,000 each. A much smaller group, 127, received between $150,000 and $10 million apiece.

On a similar note, while many small businesses are going out of business because they never received their loans, giant corporations, the Trump family, other high-ranking politicians and oddly enough a Ukrainian money laundering business all got their checks safe and sound. Funny how that worked.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Note, California was entirely tardy in providing Covid unemployment coverage.  I would blame bureaucracy rather than a diabolical Dem plan.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/08/coronavirus-unemployment-california-jobless-claims-backlog-jumps-layoff-job-tech-edd-ui-economy/
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

"That which you can't attribute to malice, you can attribute to incompetence".

I don't think Trump & Co. are really evil, just fucking stupid, and have mismanaged the Covid-19 pandemic abysmally.

Blackleaf

Not only do churches pay no taxes, but members pay them a tithe every week. And churches have always depended largely on FREE labor from volunteers. Sending them a Covid relief check makes absolutely no sense.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sal1981 on July 10, 2020, 05:58:05 AM
"That which you can't attribute to malice, you can attribute to incompetence".

I don't think Trump & Co. are really evil, just fucking stupid, and have mismanaged the Covid-19 pandemic abysmally.
In my world, trump is not stupid.  He IS evil in the way I define the word.  According to the little I've read of his niece's book, he has always been evil, inheriting it from his grandfather and especially his father.  The whole fucking clan is simply steeped in evil.  He isn't stupid, however.  He has been milking this country in high gear ( I think of it as raping, actually) from day one of his taking office.  And he is very, very good at it.  He also has made it very, very plain he cares nothing about the people of this country, especially those of color, promotes white power as a tool to garner votes and it worked in 2016.  Yes, the man/clan is evil. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GSOgymrat

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
Insist on having the best of everything â€" for instance, the best car or office

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 10, 2020, 09:33:09 AM
In my world, trump is not stupid.  He IS evil in the way I define the word.  According to the little I've read of his niece's book, he has always been evil, inheriting it from his grandfather and especially his father.  The whole fucking clan is simply steeped in evil.  He isn't stupid, however.  He has been milking this country in high gear ( I think of it as raping, actually) from day one of his taking office.  And he is very, very good at it.  He also has made it very, very plain he cares nothing about the people of this country, especially those of color, promotes white power as a tool to garner votes and it worked in 2016.  Yes, the man/clan is evil.

I agree that he is evil, but I also think he is stupid. Everything he has done has been for himself and his super wealthy buddies. But he's also a complete moron who thinks it's a good idea to look directly at an eclipse without protection. I think he really believes most of the stupid stuff that comes out of his mouth. He's a terrible liar, but Conservatives believe him anyway.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sal1981

If Trump really is that evil, then he does an exceptional job at playing stupid. IDK, it just seems like stupidity from all his tweets and talks, he might well be playing that role and in effect gaslight everyone about his true character.

I can only assess this from his behavior, intentions are much harder to decipher.

That he has so high performance rating within repubs just baffles me.

Unbeliever

I think Trump is a Russian agent, and his job is to destabilize America so that we will be unable and/or unwilling to intervene when Putin starts taking back all those Soviet states Russia lost about 30 years ago - probably first finishing his taking of Ukraine.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

I don't think evil and stupidity are mutually exclusive; infact, I would wager they tend to go hand in hand.

Baruch

"Chinese Virologist Flees Hong Kong, Accuses Beijing Of COVID-19 Cover-Up" ... speaking of evil ... she can never go home to her colleagues or family.  She was told by the end of December the score in Wuhan, and told to shut up forever (being an experimental virologist).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.