News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 16, 2020, 06:38:13 AM
“With regard to gender, it has been postulated that women are generally less willing to take risks, and are thus more compliant with preventive behavior than their male counterparts,” the authors wrote.
I have noticed several couples going into grocery stores where the woman was wearing a mask, and the man was not, although I never thought in terms of risk taking.  I just thought it was odd.  What I did wonder about was if the couple had discussions about it.

But in regards to "macho," I have seen couples eating in restaurants where the man was wearing a gun and holster, and the woman was not.  Granted there were only two occasions where I have seen this, but consider the low risk factor of having a shootout in a restaurant (I have never seen one of those), compared to a grocery store during a pandemic.  Which is the most dangerous? --- "I'm too manly to wear a mask when I'm shopping, but I'll be damned if I'll take the little woman out to dinner without my gun."

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 16, 2020, 01:44:45 AM
Apparently, some guys are afraid of wearing masks because they think it's a sign of weakness. (a whole lot of insecurity there, which by their own logic, isn't an especially manly trait)

I know I'm never going to undo macho socialization, so let me reframe this:  Wearing armor = manly.  Protecting yourself and others = manly.  It's like that thing where quarantine is reframed as "voluntarily exiled for the good of the realm".  Much more badass.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Apparently a lot of magical thinking takes place during a time of crisis, and America is not immune to it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 16, 2020, 05:22:07 AM
Does he realize his largest voter group is made of males between the ages of 45-65 and over? Becuse as the gender and age go, they seem to be the most vulnerable group to Covid-19. His voters also include the anti-vaccine groups.

So whatever he does or says, affects his groups more than the others.

Billionaires don't triangulate.  Millionaires like the Clintons, they still have to pretend they care.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 16, 2020, 06:38:13 AM
“With regard to gender, it has been postulated that women are generally less willing to take risks, and are thus more compliant with preventive behavior than their male counterparts,” the authors wrote.

I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Men and women tend to calculate risk differently. For example, considering protective equipment, more women than men wear helmets when riding bicycles and motorcycles and men make up a much higher percentage of deaths on two-wheeled vehicles.

In general, vs science, people are wildly wrong on their calculations of risk.  This is universal, the gender thing is a nuance.  And when you have mass hysteria, then this general rule is even more powerful.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 16, 2020, 09:57:28 AM
I have noticed several couples going into grocery stores where the woman was wearing a mask, and the man was not, although I never thought in terms of risk taking.  I just thought it was odd.  What I did wonder about was if the couple had discussions about it.

But in regards to "macho," I have seen couples eating in restaurants where the man was wearing a gun and holster, and the woman was not.  Granted there were only two occasions where I have seen this, but consider the low risk factor of having a shootout in a restaurant (I have never seen one of those), compared to a grocery store during a pandemic.  Which is the most dangerous? --- "I'm too manly to wear a mask when I'm shopping, but I'll be damned if I'll take the little woman out to dinner without my gun."

Gun fetish ;-)  Women don't have these for a reason.

If I was on a date, and my girl felt so intimidated I needed to carry heat to protect her ... then we need to choose a different restaurant!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2020, 12:11:29 PM
Apparently a lot of magical thinking takes place during a time of crisis, and America is not immune to it.

Magical thinking ... every damn election
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Bizarre EU-Funded Comic Book Predicted Pandemic, With Globalists As Saviours" ... from 2012 ... probably paid for by Soros or Gates ;-(

"No Mask, No Problem - Sweden PM Says Face-Masks Offer "False Sense Of Security" Against Virus" ... everybody ignores this utopia when it suits them

"Watch: UK Chief Medic Confirms (Again) That COVID-19 Is Harmless To Vast Majority" ... follow the science, not the mass hysteria

"China Has Jailed Hundreds Of People For Questioning Official COVID-19 Narrative, Report" ... this number is way too low.  20 million cell phones disconnected.

"Economic Virus Shock Crushes America's Working Poor, Fed Finds" ... Duh.  How much did we pay for this genius report to be written up?

"Colorado amends coronavirus death count - says fewer have died of COVID-19 than previously reported" ... bro, we wuz in a weed cloud that time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"NEW ZEALAND DEVOLVES INTO A POLICE STATE" ... the Orcs have taken over!

“All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the corruptible.  Such people have a tendency become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted.” - Chapterhouse Dune

Mt Doom is located in California, not Mordor.

PS ...

"Germans ARRESTED For Burning EU Flag" ... required goose-stepping coming soon ... French are trying to make any future referendum on Frexit.  But the French are good at revolutions!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

"FDA Halts Bill Gates-Backed COVID-19 Testing Program" ... he actually didn't get a license to do this.  Needs to file some paperwork ;-0

"The School Closures Are A Big Threat To The Power Of Public Education" ... 40% of US parents don't want to send their kids back to public school, would prefer to continue "home schooling" they were forced into.

"Bipartisan Beijing Bashing: College Dems & Reps Demand Closure Of All Chinese "Propaganda" Centers" ... do you have to give back the bribes you took from the CCP?

"Meet Barbara Ferrer, The Social Justice Warrior With No Medical Background Leading LA's COVID Response" ... City of LA version of Dr Fauci, without the Dr part ;-(

"United Airlines Only Needs 3,000 Of Its 25,000 Flight Attendants" ... they plan on initially only operating 10% of their pre-Covid flights

"TSA To Check Passengers' Temperature At Airports" ... they should hire aliens, who are experienced with anal probes ...

"Government Could Enforce Who You're Allowed To Socialize With Via Tracking App" ... this is why I won't be cooperating with any smart phone app, by not having more than a flip phone.  I don't need to check in with my parole officer every 10 minutes.

The full quote is relevant ...

"Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes. The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria." - Ghostbusters (aka megalomaniac government leadership and MSM)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Two kinds of people.  The kind that divide people into two kinds, and those who do not ;-)

War between the mask wearers and the non-mask wearers.  Kind of like Game of Thrones meets General Hospital.

I will be happy to continue to wear a mask in the grocery store and selected other locations.  This is the new "polite" like in Japan.

But if you want to harass me for wearing a mask, or not wearing a mask, then I know you are a psychopath.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on May 16, 2020, 11:51:53 PMWar between the mask wearers and the non-mask wearers.  Kind of like Game of Thrones meets General Hospital.
To the best of my knowledge, there were no voluntarily pro-White Walker humans in Game of Thrones.

Hydra009

Bright guy, shame no one listened to him

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 17, 2020, 12:16:18 AM
Bright guy, shame no one listened to him

Guardian is British Commie newspaper.  Question who they would highlight.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.