News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Good luck dealing with reasonable fear.  Not only are things uncertain now, but historians will be telling complete lies about this period for decades into the future (depending on who gets to write the official narrative).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Living through the AIDS epidemic in the ‘80s and contracting HIV from my husband in the ‘93 has battle-tested me for COVID-19. I’ve experienced the anxiety of being infected by a deadly virus, friends getting sick and dying, testing positive, people freaking out, having various opportunistic infections, being told to “get your affairs in order” at age 27, wondering who is going to die first, my husband or me. COVID-19 is a very different disease with a very different public response. It's really not the same. Still, emotionally I’ve dealt with a deadly virus all my adult life so it feels very familiar.

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Kx35rVneg

the government wants to reopen schools next month. Teachers are pretty much saying its impossible to keep children in social distance, to have them understand the importance of all the rules all the time. Children are chaotic beings who don't follow rules on the best of days, so these so called experts who think they know how children operate, they clearly haven't ever dealt with kids before.

Its all the more terrifying seeing the effects of long term intensive care with the disease has on someones mind.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 09:34:39 PM

the government wants to reopen schools next month. Teachers are pretty much saying its impossible to keep children in social distance, to have them understand the importance of all the rules all the time. Children are chaotic beings who don't follow rules on the best of days, so these so called experts who think they know how children operate, they clearly haven't ever dealt with kids before.

Its all the more terrifying seeing the effects of long term intensive care with the disease has on someones mind.

You need to ban education - Pol Pot

My Ex resumes teaching at a private school to a vulnerable student population in August, under the current plan.  She and I, and our daughter, are immune compromised ourselves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Washington state restaurants ordered to keep logs of customers when reopening after coronavirus outbreak" ... the lockdown-forever crowd need to know the Enemies of the State (of Washington)  ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on May 12, 2020, 09:34:39 PM

Kids are cute little disease vectors and I actively avoid them when in public. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases reports that, in families with children in school, the number of colds per child can be as high as 12 a year where adults without children get 2-3.

Munch

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-52645366

Social distancing impossible on london underground stations as ease to lockdown has people return to work.

I can attest to this, having to cram into tube trains even well before this took place months before on a trip to london.

You could almost say that johnson saying to people to go back to work might have been not well thought out. I mean when you live in the place you work from like he does, it might be a wee bit different to those who need alternative means of transport without a limo or helicopter

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2020, 08:03:44 AM

Social distancing impossible on london underground stations as ease to lockdown has people return to work.

I can attest to this, having to cram into tube trains even well before this took place months before on a trip to london.

You could almost say that johnson saying to people to go back to work might have been not well thought out. I mean when you live in the place you work from like he does, it might be a wee bit different to those who need alternative means of transport without a limo or helicopter

Just have one of your minions pedal you around in a hermetically sealed Popemobile.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2020, 08:03:44 AM

Mr Obvious is wrong.  See, there are rickshaw driver jobs for Europeans ;-)

If London dies, it dies.  Same with LA and NYC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Still, least the uk and America isn't as fucked in this pandemic as Brazil is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGR9fjyRq0&t=136s

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 13, 2020, 08:42:16 AM
Still, least the uk and America isn't as fucked in this pandemic as Brazil is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGR9fjyRq0&t=136s

Tragic.  Both of our countries could use a military junta though.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Is it the general consensus that the US is opening not because we have met desired infection rates to control pandemic but because of economic reasons?

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 13, 2020, 08:54:09 AM
Is it the general consensus that the US is opening not because we have met desired infection rates to control pandemic but because of economic and political reasons?

Yes.  Otherwise we should keep locked down until the communist revolution happens ;-)  We don't know the true infection rate anyway.  That takes daily testing of the entire population.  All the doctors can do is WAG it.  That is why their fatality predictions are higher than actual (which is a good thing, better than the reverse).  Truth is, doctors only know a little more than reporters, who are Journalism majors.

In prior pandemics even just a few years ago, we simply let people die.  It is what they do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on May 13, 2020, 08:54:09 AM
Is it the general consensus that the US is opening not because we have met desired infection rates to control pandemic but because of economic reasons?
I think so, but I've been wrong.  Many Trump supporters may believe the pandemic is under control.  Others may believe it's a hoax.  Many just don't don't believe the health issues are significant.  Some support Trump no matter what.  The last two seem likely from observations of behavior in my county, which is probably higher than 90% hard right.  I have never seen one campaign sign for any Democrat in 10 years, and Trump signs are as common as mailboxes.  Many houses never took their Trump signs down from 2016.  Stay at home orders are taken by many as suggestions.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: SGOS on May 13, 2020, 09:28:32 AM
I think so, but I've been wrong.  Many Trump supporters may believe the pandemic is under control.  Others may believe it's a hoax.  Many just don't don't believe the health issues are significant.  Some support Trump no matter what.  The last two seem likely from observations of behavior in my county, which is probably higher than 90% hard right.  I have never seen one campaign sign for any Democrat in 10 years, and Trump signs are as common as mailboxes.  Many houses never took their Trump signs down from 2016.  Stay at home orders are taken by many as suggestions.

I haven't met anyone who has claimed COVID-19 is a hoax, although I know there are people who believe that. I have talked to people who believe "the cure is worse than the disease" and if people die, well that's just unfortunate.