News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 07, 2020, 09:41:21 PM
Well I'm glad some word has been put forward here that the lockdown hasn't been eased that much at all.

In other news in my own little town.

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/18435384.new-government-advert-urges-public-not-drive-buy-fried-chicken/

Apparently even with adverts for how to make your own KFC with the genuine recipe, people still will queue for hours just to get fast food.. lol... fast..

Pressure cookers with pressurized boiling oil ... scare me!  Here in the US there has been a fad for deep friers (non-pressurized) and they cause injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSI79ZftCpU

You must mean the secret herbs and spices?  As Kung Fu Panda says, there are no secret ingredients.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

USA: reopens

Also USA:  imma need about 100,000 bodybags. No reason.  Yeah, everything's fine.  *coughs*

Hydra009

And on the homefront, NC has hit over 13,698 cases (mentally multiply that by 10 to include unreported cases) and 536 deaths.  The largest one-day increase in new cases was yesterday.  And we're celebrating the occasion by loosening restrictions, reopening some malls and retailers.  Because if there's one place I know is always super clean and healthy, it's the packed food court at the local mall.  FFS.

New cases:

New deaths:

I'm staying put until this graph starts looking like a graph of Game of Thrones episodes, rated by fans.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 08, 2020, 01:30:21 AM
USA: reopens

Also USA:  imma need about 100,000 bodybags. No reason.  Yeah, everything's fine.  *coughs*

The only good Native American (aka anyone born here) is a dead American ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Texas' Anti-Climactic Reopening: Malls & Restaurants Empty, Beaches & Parks Packed" ... so excellent time to shop, but avoid beaches and parks!

"... at least 43 US states will have partially, or completely, reopened their economies by Sunday, according to CNN" ... even completely re-open means like the temporary 50% occupation of restaurants.  CNN has a Bill Clinton moment, with "completely" instead of "is".

"San Antonio City Council Passes Resolution Declaring "Chinese Virus, Kung Flu" To Be "Hate Speech"" ... CCP central

"Yale Prof Promotes "Trump Death Clock", Says COVID-19 Response "Awfully Close To Genocide"" ... CCP central

Best plan?  Resume draft.  Draft all Democrats.  Declare war on China ;-)  This is reparations for the evil LBJ.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

SC Woman defies lockdown, drowned by alligator

She apparently ventured outside and messed with the alligator.  It's still sad, but a lot less sad than if she were just minding her own business and then an alligator attacked her out of the blue.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 08, 2020, 12:30:16 PM
SC Woman defies lockdown, drowned by alligator

She apparently ventured outside and messed with the alligator.  It's still sad, but a lot less sad than if she were just minding her own business and then an alligator attacked her out of the blue.

Yes, clearly the alligator was a Democrat ;-)  Alligator wrestling ... don't try this at home!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"EMERGENCY FIELD HOSPITALS STAND DOWN, MOST HAVEN'T SEEN A SINGLE PATIENT" ... regular hospitals have managed well

USNS Comfort outside NYC to go home soon ... regular hospitals have managed well

The nursing homes, where most victims were trapped (senior and staff) ... didn't do so well
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

SGOS

"The Japanese death rate is 2% of America's." 

Just how lobotomized is the US?

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 09, 2020, 02:43:40 AM
If Americans wore masks, infection rate would plummet

I am shocked.  Shocked!  Well, not that shocked.

A N95 worn correctly is the way to go... saw a study that found they trap about 95% of the viral particles. Surgical masks are better than nothing. I see people pulling their masks on and off, grabbing the areas that concentrate the virus with their fingers. If you feel air along your cheeks as u breath the mask is not on your face properly and isn't really working. You should feel a bit of a vacuum seal as you inhale. If you are not changing gloves all the time, why bother? At least you can wash your hands often. People that wear gloves all day are not helping at all.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on May 09, 2020, 07:45:01 AM

Trump and faux have made being stupid the norm for this country.  It has been shown scientifically that watching faux makes one stupider than before they watched it; listening to trump is about 10 times worse.  But the people of this country love both!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on May 09, 2020, 07:45:01 AM

I've told a family member that other countries are weathering this pandemic a lot better than America.  Her response?  "Of course, they have a much smaller population!".  Coincidentally, that's also the reason why we can't move to universal healthcare.  Apparently, having a large population means you can't do anything right.  :/

Hydra009

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 09, 2020, 09:36:20 AM
I've told a family member that other countries are weathering this pandemic a lot better than America.  Her response?  "Of course, they have a much smaller population!".  Coincidentally, that's also the reason why we can't move to universal healthcare.  Apparently, having a large population means you can't do anything right.  :/

The UK has a dense population on a small island, having several major cities in close proximity to each other, which is why it spread so easily here. At least your major cities are more spread out in terms of containing it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin