News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 28, 2020, 08:29:48 AM
I like your story line.  I wish and hope it is at least, semi accurate.  I understand that the current power line goes back to grandpa.  So, they know how to keep authority in the family.  And with a sister lurking out there, I am concerned she is as much a monster as brother--so, for her safety, she will keep the clamps down and make sure no doctor is trying to let brother die.  But, who really knows.......

Sister is head of NK Intelligence.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2020, 09:26:41 AM
I mean, new Zealand has dealt with it in such a way the rate of infection has diminished to almost being gone, and sounds like South Korea is doing the same. So really it's an American thing. We've got a few reports of small groups here and there in the UK, but it's nowhere near as bad as America, so it really must come down to a societal issue.
It really is.  An already weak healthcare system.  Poor preparedness.  Incompetent, possibly maliciously self-destructive national leadership.  Mixed messages at the state level (no cohesive strategy, just everyone doing their own thing).  Populace not psychologically prepared to deal with weeks of lockdown and prone to relapse into risky behavior (again, just everyone doing their own thing).  Politicization of the pandemic - conflicting perceptions and policies, resulting in conflicting approaches from the national level to the state level to the individual level.  Rampant denialism and conspiracy theorist tendencies (apparently some people would refuse a coronavirus vaccination).  Lack of solidarity - individual needs come first, community needs come last or not at all.

That's the broad strokes.  Of course, there are exceptions to the above.  Plenty of people took this seriously, prepared as best they could, didn't try to politicize it, and/or did a lot to help their community.  Unfortunately, that wasn't universal.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 27, 2020, 07:10:24 PM
Read a report that around 25% of NYC populous is infected with Corona, so 1/4 of people.

That got me thinking, if this was set in the marvel cinematic universe, which marvel characters would get infected and who'd be safe?

I think ones like Hulk, Thor, maybe Cap and scarlet witch be safe, but ones like Spiderman, iron man and Hawkeye be in trouble.

Of course you got the X-Men too but maybe it won't infect mutants, and they'd probably just make a cure from wolverines blood.

That said in a universe with magic probably just have Dr strange make it go poof.

Dr Strange can work out historical alternatives.  He could make baby Hitler go poof.  Or just gay ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2020, 11:36:43 AM
It really is.  An already weak healthcare system.  Poor preparedness.  Incompetent, possibly maliciously self-destructive national leadership.  Mixed messages at the state level (no cohesive strategy, just everyone doing their own thing).  Populace not psychologically prepared to deal with weeks of lockdown and prone to relapse into risky behavior (again, just everyone doing their own thing).  Politicization of the pandemic - conflicting perceptions and policies, resulting in conflicting approaches from the national level to the state level to the individual level.  Rampant denialism and conspiracy theorist tendencies (apparently some people would refuse a coronavirus vaccination).  Lack of solidarity - individual needs come first, community needs come last or not at all.

That's the broad strokes.  Of course, there are exceptions to the above.  Some people took this seriously, prepared as best they could, didn't try to politicize it, and/or did a lot to help their community.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the norm.

Two kinds of Americans.  Criminals and .. traitors.  My kinds of people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 28, 2020, 10:43:24 AM
I agree, it is an American thing.  I see it as a societal issue driven by the current state of politics of the trumpian type.  He has allowed the ugly American to come to the fore and gain control of society as never before.  And even tho the orange monster is showing early signs of dementia, his followers don't care; he will be re-elected.

You were even more in the 60s than I was.  So how about drafting all the young men to a unnecessary war in Vietnam?  How does that compare to today?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

'Consumer Beware: Coronavirus Antibody Tests Are Still A Work In Progress" ... they have skipped all safety controls (like Wuhan labs).

"Quest Diagnostics Begins Selling COVID-19 Antibody Tests" at $119 a pop.  Times 7.8 billion people, that is $928 billion, and you will need to be retested ...

"Spanish official apologizes for spraying beach with bleach" ... they sprayed the beach ... "for the children".

"France won't allow large gatherings until at least September" ... unless you are a rioting immigrant in the banluies.

"Surfers return to NZ beaches as the country officially reopens" ... Hobbits surf?  Who knew?

"Australia reopens Sydney's Bondi Beach and others" ... Shrimp's on the barbie!

"Texas announces plans to start reopening this week" ... Shiranu won't be self isolated at work much longer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"YouTube Censors Viral Video Of California Doctors Criticizing "Stay-At-Home" Order" ... not Dem doctors, so must be Trump trolls

"Bronx ER Doctor Explains Why Reopening The Economy Now Might Actually Save Lives" ... not a Dem doctor, so must be a Trump troll

"1-In-3 Americans Have Suffered A Layoff, Job Loss, Cut In Hours Or Income Due To COVID" ... helps bring on Communist revolution

"Secret 'COVID-19 Manhattan Project' Led By Billionaires Seeking To Influence Trump Admin" ... a private cabal, and opposed to the Bill Gates cabal

"2 Million Australians Download Coronavirus Tracing App" ... people really want to record for the government, everywhere they go, every day, and if they had Chow Mien for supper.  A government issued Tomogotchi on your smart phone?  Dummies.

"Why Belgium Has Europe's Highest COVID-19 Death-Rate" ... "Regardless, according to officials out of Belgium, the problem doesn't have anything to do with lack of bed space.  Rather, the number is high because the country is counting deaths at nursing homes, even without a confirmed infection."  In GB they are still arguing on how to count the dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Sitrep 4/27 SARSâ€'CoVâ€'2
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA:

New cases (daily): 23,196 (down, second day in a row)
New deaths (daily): 1,384 (increased from the day before, but still much lower than the norm)
Currently infected:  814,569 (barely increased since the day before)

Hopeful news!  Dare I suggest that we have hit the peak?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2020, 11:36:43 AM

That's the broad strokes.  Of course, there are exceptions to the above.  Plenty of people took this seriously, prepared as best they could, didn't try to politicize it, and/or did a lot to help their community.  Unfortunately, that wasn't universal.

"It's amazing how badly we're screwing up the apocalypse on the "easy" setting. We're clearly not ready for zombies or aliens."

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 28, 2020, 01:12:00 PM
"It's amazing how badly we're screwing up the apocalypse on the "easy" setting. We're clearly not ready for zombies or aliens."
Yeah.  Just imagine a really bad pandemic (10+ million deaths worldwide).

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 28, 2020, 03:04:59 PM
Yeah.  Just imagine a really bad pandemic (10+ million deaths worldwide).

If you have ebola and receive no support, the lethality rate is about 90%. If you receive medical support the lethality rate is around 50%. If a virus evolves that transmits like COVID-19 but has the lethality rate of ebola we'll really be screwed. Let's hope COVID-19 is a wake-up call. If nothing else, COVID-19 has demonstrated to governments, corporations and Wall Street that a pandemic is extremely expensive.

trdsf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 28, 2020, 06:22:00 PM
Level 10 entitlement.

Mike Pence visited the Mayo Clinic without a mask even after the clinic told him he had to wear one

Oh, but he's been washed in the blood of Jay-zus, dontcha know?

Pardon me while I puke over here... I'll stay out of the way.  Sheesh.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

speaking of masks.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/range-condemned-selling-50-disposable-4081905

this was my old boss, I worked for his company few years ago. Basically he is the British version of trump, he's a millionaire, he flies around in his private helicopter, he owns several expensive cars, but he underpays all his workers. I also remember when first going to work for his company, the liason told us how he didn't learn to read until he was like 30, and boasted it like it was some kind of accomplishment.

He was also caught doing things like parking his expansive cars in disabled parking spots, and in front of a funeral home.

But yeah, in this story, the price of masks in most stores go for around £20 on average these days for a large pack of them. He decided to hick up the price to £60, and when faced with scrutiny dropped it to £40, which still horrified customers.

Can honestly say I'm glad I no longer work for that piece of shit.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on April 28, 2020, 08:02:31 PMhe didn't learn to read until he was like 30, and boasted it like it was some kind of accomplishment.