News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus Christ is King

Started by alexxmedeiros, October 14, 2016, 12:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 15, 2016, 05:18:04 PM
Bob Jones University Commencement (8 May 1999)

Theocracy will soon rear its ugly head again in America. This time, it may win.

Then I may yet have a chance to be notorious.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 15, 2016, 05:18:04 PM
Bob Jones University Commencement (8 May 1999)

Theocracy will soon rear its ugly head again in America. This time, it may win.

I don't think so ... theocracy doesn't come from people who grab p*****s ;-(

America is too profane for theocracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2016, 07:05:46 PM

America is too profane for theocracy.
Now if the Fosterite church was to emerge...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 15, 2016, 07:16:26 PM
Now if the Fosterite church was to emerge...
We all bow down to you, Michael Valentine Smith.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 15, 2016, 07:21:00 PM
We all bow down to you, Michael Valentine Smith.
It's "Valentine Michael", please.
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 15, 2016, 07:29:20 PM
It's "Valentine Michael", please.
I always thought Heinlein got that wrong; since my name is Michael the 'Valentine' needs to come second.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 15, 2016, 09:24:28 PM
I always thought Heinlein got that wrong; since my name is Michael the 'Valentine' needs to come second.
When I see him I'll explain that to him.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 15, 2016, 07:05:46 PM

No, it comes from their handlers, who know that religion is the only thing that keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 16, 2016, 03:28:12 PM
When I see him I'll explain that to him.
You are going to heaven, are you???

Cavebear

Can anyone even prove any deity or deity representative ever existed?  Can anyone show that the Christian Jesus existed?  The others too. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Not on
Quote from: Cavebear on November 17, 2016, 04:19:11 AM
Can anyone even prove any deity or deity representative ever existed?  Can anyone show that the Christian Jesus existed?  The others too. 

Not even slim evidence for such, much less "proved." They can't even agree on any definition of their God, it's just some vague, amorphous father-figure.

I think what can't be defined can't exist.

I could be wrong, though...
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 17, 2016, 05:12:07 PM
Not on
Not even slim evidence for such, much less "proved." They can't even agree on any definition of their God, it's just some vague, amorphous father-figure.

Don't count on it. :)

Unbeliever

Yeah, I thought I was wrong once before, but it turned out I was mistaken...

:bootbye:
God Not Found

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 17, 2016, 05:12:07 PM
Not on

They can't even agree on the interpretations of the texts, much less on the mythical gods within them.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Baruch

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on November 21, 2016, 05:05:20 PM
They can't even agree on the interpretations of the texts, much less on the mythical gods within them.

I can know you, or know writings about you.  As it is, I only have the latter.  But you aren't mythical, are you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.