ISIS Demands 2 Million women undergo Genital Mutilation

Started by stromboli, January 28, 2015, 01:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

If Isis wants to destroy any chance of their own race from populating the world after this generation, well, like to see how they work around that one. Maybe they will make demands for the western countries to send women over for it as well, even come to europe and the US to gather them.. only to be shot in the face.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

I was against the war in Iraq because war creates unpredictable results and kills countless innocents in the process. Well, this is one of the unpredictable results, but it is so evil and pernicious that there is no choice but warfare to wipe it out. Like the Nazis, ISIS must be obliterated.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mermaid

That is some fucked up shit.
I will never for the life of me understand how we evolved to believe sex is bad. It's at the very fundament of survival as a species.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

The result of a male dominated, close minded and prudish society that view women as property.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

pr126

Quote from: Mermaid on January 28, 2015, 08:23:36 PM
That is some fucked up shit.
I will never for the life of me understand how we evolved to believe sex is bad. It's at the very fundament of survival as a species.
I think there is a misunderstanding.

FGM does not stop the female from breeding.

Atheon

Quote from: Mermaid on January 28, 2015, 08:23:36 PMI will never for the life of me understand how we evolved to believe sex is bad. It's at the very fundament of survival as a species.
It's probably that we evolved to think other people having sex is bad, while ourselves having sex is good: spread our genes, not the genes of competitors. Like the silverback ape has the pick of females, just like the king, the dictator, the superstar, the caliph or the big boss.

Prevent others from having sex, but as one in power have plenty for yourself, and its your genes that propagate. It's always the sexual moralists who are the biggest sex hounds.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

If there were a god, and if he created us, and if he actually had reasons for why he creates us as he does, why wouldn't sex be considered one of his greatest gifts to be fully enjoyed by all of us as much as we wanted?  No, women experience joy through the self sacrifice of complying with men's desires.  They should need no more than to be objects of entertainment and ownership.  Needing more than that would be unnecessary.  Their joy comes through servitude.  It is the natural order of things.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on January 29, 2015, 07:06:11 AM
If there were a god, and if he created us, and if he actually had reasons for why he creates us as he does, why wouldn't sex be considered one of his greatest gifts to be fully enjoyed by all of us as much as we wanted?  No, women experience joy through the self sacrifice of complying with men's desires.  They should need no more than to be objects of entertainment and ownership.  Needing more than that would be unnecessary.  Their joy comes through servitude.  It is the natural order of things.

You know, it's questions like that, which should open the doors to realising there are no gods. When you think about theists, ones who ask questions like that, and the only answer given to them is either nothing, or 'god moves in mysterious ways', it's then people should begin questioning why is it an 'all knowing, all loving' God doesn't ever give them those answers, answers to rules and limitations that God apparently enforced in the first place.
Funny how God seemed so free mouthed in the bible, but hasn't actually said anything since those days.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

That is actually a fundamental question about god and creation. Why are we given such a highly sexual nature and then do everything to thwart it? Why are we given an intellect to seek out the truth and discover the underlying principles of life but sublimate our intellect to a religious dogma? Makes no sense.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Deidre32 on January 28, 2015, 10:31:50 AM
I guess what I don't get is while it seems there is outrage within these regions from Muslims against ISIS, why aren't they doing something to combat this group? Is ISIS simply more powerful, military-wise? I think the US should get involved to eradicate this group because at this point, this is a humanitarian crisis and it shouldn't be viewed as "well, it's their problem to deal with." This affects us all and should outrage us all.

But just don't understand why these regions aren't trying to oust this group on their own?

I'm not all that foreign-policy savvy but just wondering.

We're sure as hell doing more about it than you are - at least we call them out for what they are. You give them validation by joining their belief system. Brilliant idea! If you can't beat them, join them? Nutter!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

VladK

Quote from: pr126 on January 29, 2015, 01:11:52 AM
I think there is a misunderstanding.

FGM does not stop the female from breeding.

It's still fucked up and results in infection and other medical issues + desensitization.

I fully support a reinvasion of Iraq by American troops and support leaving some troops there on an indefinite basis similar to South Korea. Enough of this crap. Obama's "coalition" and "airstrikes" have failed. It's been over half a year and ISIS is growing. It hasn't been "degraded" let alone "destroyed".

pr126

This is quite a disturbing read.

Obama Is Openly Colluding with the Enemy

QuoteWe are in the middle of a hot war in the Middle East, with constant terror attacks all over the world, including the United States, Europe, and Asia.  The enemy is called violent Islam, or radical Islam, or fascist Islam, or reactionary Islam, or merely "orthodox Islam."

We constantly waste time quibbling about the name.  But we know the enemy by now.

(And yes, there are plenty of Muslims who want peace, but who are too scared to speak out, with some brave exceptions I mention below.  As long as the West colludes with violent Islam, peaceful Muslims will be too scared to speak out.  As long as we fail to stand for freedom, we will be supporting the worst of the worst, who always terrorize their own populations first.

Quo vadis, America?

Draconic Aiur

The truth is this will keep happening unless we wipe out the middle east, it has always been a hellhole and it always will be. To wipe them all out is a necessary evil.